Bishop

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub
Mete - Holden
Del Zotto - Brown

Murray
Forsberg
Gustavsson (if injury)

I'd rather have guys like Kelly, Crookshank develop in the AHL. Clark Bishop seems to be an ideal 13th forward, he's a good skater and versatile.

If Logan Brown is there to start the season, give him a real chance to establish himself in the NHL and see where it goes. Even if he succeeds, I could see him still being traded

If Logan Brown plays, then move Colin White on RW. He has never been really good on FO anyway so he might just be a winger.

On defense, a bit the same thing, have JBD and Thomson continuing their development in the AHL

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't think they need an upgrade at centre. Once Tierny is moved out, White takes his 4th line centre spot & Kelly will get his opportunity at 3rd line RW even though he's a left shot. I expect that Soko will also get some games & will challenge Kelly for that spot probably after the TDL next season.

If PD does make another deal my guess it's a minor league deal or depth deal for another UFA they will try & move at the deadline. They have 12 picks right now for the 2022 draft & some assets they could move, they will have lots of options available for PD in that draft. They should acquire a few more assets this yr if they are able to deal a few of their UFAs.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson - I don't see this line changing
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown - Pinto is more NHL ready than every other C
Paul - L. Brown - White - White gets this spot until Tierny is dealt
Formenton - Tierny - Watson/Kelly - Forms stays, he has earned it

Chabot - Zaitsev - with 3 yrs left I doubt Zaitsev is replaced this yr
MDZ - Zub - they signed MDZ they'll play him & Zub just signed
Holden - J. Brown/Mete - they traded for Holden, I imagine they'll play him

Murray - Forsberg - Forsberg most likely will be dealt at the TDL & replaced by Gus

I agree pinto is massively underrated even among our own fan base he is going to turn heads next year

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Who has more experience & is better right now to replace him? And let's not forget he came here with DJ.

Experienced, yes, good, far from it. He is just horrendous. Spend some effort and money and you will find many better replacements to play alongside Chabot, like we did with Methot to play with Karlssson.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Experienced, yes, good, far from it. He is just horrendous. Spend some effort and money and you will find many better replacements to play alongside Chabot, like we did with Methot to play with Karlssson.

We all know the problem of spending money here, no need to beat that dead horse. I also don't think there is a need to bring any big guns in now when the team as a whole is likely to be a bubble team. Was Methot that much better than Zaitsev? Zub might be that guy too or maybe JBD when he is ready for those kind of minutes, but I don't think it's this season.

Instead I would like to see them draft a top pairing RD in next yr's draft who could be NHL ready by the time Zaitsev's contract is up. David Jiricek is a big 6'3" RD who looks like he could be a very good two way defencean. He could be around the 10th OA spot give or take in the next draft around where the Sens could find themselves again & because he is European they could bring him over to play in Belleville to get him NHL ready sooner. I think they address a couple more needs in this next draft, I think they are building this team through the draft & finding cheap transition pieces until it's in place.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I’d switch C brown and Batherson
I’d also rather experiment with Pinto at 2C, see what we really have in him

Yeah but Stutzle-Batherson is not a duo I'd want to break up. It could be easier that way to insert Logan Brown in between a working duo. I also think Brown needs to play with highly skilled players, that could pass the puck back and forth with him as well as convert on his hlighly difficult plays. It's a trio that can hurt you the pure skill way. Tkachuk-Norris-Brown is a trio that could hurt in many different ways but I could see the 3 of them working much better together

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The Holden-Brown line will strangle the opposition!

Lmao honestly with the defense, it looks like we have a top 4 and a bottom 4. Whichever combination of 2 from the bottom 4 based on the opposition, injuries, and who's playing well.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Lmao honestly with the defense, it looks like we have a top 4 and a bottom 4. Whichever combination of 2 from the bottom 4 based on the opposition, injuries, and who's playing well.

IMO, we have a clear top 3, a clear bottom 3, and two tweeners (Brannstrom and MDZ).

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Stutzle - Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - White
Paul - Tierney - Watson
Bishop

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub
Mete - Holden
Del Zotto - Brown

Murray
Forsberg
Gustavsson (if injury)

I'd rather have guys like Kelly, Crookshank develop in the AHL. Clark Bishop seems to be an ideal 13th forward, he's a good skater and versatile.

If Logan Brown is there to start the season, give him a real chance to establish himself in the NHL and see where it goes. Even if he succeeds, I could see him still being traded

If Logan Brown plays, then move Colin White on RW. He has never been really good on FO anyway so he might just be a winger.

On defense, a bit the same thing, have JBD and Thomson continuing their development in the AHL
I think Parker Kelly has graduated. Bishop isn’t needed imo unless injuries.

Also I’m guessing they’re really going to want del zotto in there somehow. Brannstrom better fight hard. I’m cheering for him.

Lastly as much as I want to see L Brown in the lineup I’m expecting him to be traded in a package for...?? Would then slide Pinto up and White over.

Good lineup you have there.

Last edited:

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com

Also I’m guessing they’re really going to want del zotto in there somehow. Brannstrom better fight hard. I’m cheering for him.

Lastly as much as I want to see L Brown in the lineup I’m expecting him to be traded in a package for...?? Would then slide Pinto up and White over.

Still early, things may change and probably will.

Training camp will also change things up real quick.

Reactions: Icelevel

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I agree pinto is massively underrated even among our own fan base he is going to turn heads next year
If we don’t add another C I could see him being in the Calder conversation next year. I don’t think there’s gonna be an obvious favourite so it could be an interesting race with guys like Zegras, Caulfield, Seider etc.

Reactions: Sicko

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

This. I have had this feeling that he might even end up better than Norris so we could be looking at Pinto-Norris-?????? down the middle

I know small sample size and everything but I have noticed this recently in Points/60 for forwards with at least 100 minutes at EV :

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

1 Connor McDavid
2 Artemi Panarin
3 Brad Marchand
4 Auston Matthews
5 Shane Pinto
6 Max Pacioretty
7 Mitchell Marner
8 Mark Stone
9 Leon Draisaitl
10 Jason Spezza
11 Jason Robertson
12 Nathan MacKinnon
13 Mikko Rantanen
14 Marcus Foligno
15 Aleksander Barkov
16 Jakub Vrana
17 Mats Zuccarello
18 Jonathan Huberdeau
19 Carter Verhaeghe
20 Anthony Duclair

Small sample but is among a list of almost all proven offensive players, which is at least encouraging. There's been so much hype around Caufield but IMO Pinto has been even more impressive in that short sample size.

Thanks

What do you mean Kelly has graduated? He has 1 NHL game

The reason why I have Bishop 13th is I'd rather have him sitting in the press box while Kelly has a bigger role in the AHL. He's still young, just turned 22 y/o. He'll get more games this year depending on injuries (and to who). Clark is already 25 y/o and I'd very surprised if he is on the long-term plans

And yeah, Logan Brown and Erik Brannstrom don't seem to be in the plans, if they can be packaged for an upgrade somewhere, that could be a better use than have them not being in a position to succeed

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This. I have had this feeling that he might even end up better than Norris so we could be looking at Pinto-Norris-?????? down the middle

I know small sample and everything but I have noticed this recently in Points/60 for forwards with at least 100 minutes at EV :

1 Connor McDavid
2 Artemi Panarin
3 Brad Marchand
4 Auston Matthews
5 Shane Pinto
6 Max Pacioretty
7 Mitchell Marner
8 Mark Stone
9 Leon Draisaitl
10 Jason Spezza
11 Jason Robertson
12 Nathan MacKinnon
13 Mikko Rantanen
14 Marcus Foligno
15 Aleksander Barkov
16 Jakub Vrana
17 Mats Zuccarello
18 Jonathan Huberdeau
19 Carter Verhaeghe
20 Anthony Duclair

Small sample but is among a list of almost all proven offensive players, which is at least encouraging. There's been so much hype around Caufield but IMO Pinto has been even more impressive in that short sample size.

Thanks

What do you mean Kelly has graduated? He has 1 NHL game

The reason why I have Bishop 13th is I'd rather have him sitting in the press box while Kelly has a bigger role in the AHL. He's still young, just turned 22 y/o. He'll get more games this year depending on injuries (and to who). Clark is already 25 y/o and I'd very surprised if he is on the long-term plans

And yeah, Logan Brown and Erik Brannstrom don't seem to be in the plans, if they can be packaged for an upgrade somewhere, that could be a better use than have them not being in a position to succeed
Re Kelly..just feels like they are ready to put him in. I don’t see him progressing much more in the A but maybe.

Agree Pinto is underrated and like I’ve said before Norris at RW wouldn’t be a bad idea. That’s if we get someone like krejci

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wouldn't read much into that, the xGF vs actual GF gap is huge for Pinto, his on ice Sh% was over 18% which isn't going to stay that way.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I wouldn't read much into that, the xGF vs actual GF gap is huge for Pinto, his on ice Sh% was over 18% which isn't going to stay that way.

True, but look at the other players around him on that list, high SH% too. In the end, he's probably not going to be in that tier of players but I could see him being more productive than people expect from watching him, like a Stone or Robertson for example (not saying at their level), just by being so smart all over the ice.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
True, but look at the other players around him on that list, high SH% too. In the end, he's probably not going to be in that tier of players but I could see him being more productive than people expect from watching him, like a Stone or Robertson for example (not saying at their level), just by being so smart all over the ice.

In terms of on ice sh%, I think the highest is around 12, that's a big gap.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
In terms of on ice sh%, I think the highest is around 12, that's a big gap.

oh yeah, including who's on the ice with him. Still not bad at all :

xGF/60 : 43rd out of 475 forwards with at least 100 EV minutes

But it's true that his teammates were opportunistic with a 21.74 On-Ice SH%

But that's because he's an extremely good playmaker :sarcasm:

A lot of good players seem to have an On-Ice SH% around 12-13

Very curious to see how he does this year.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Tkachuck Norris Batherson
Stützle Pinto CBrown
Formenton LBrown White
Paul Tierney Watson

Chabot Zaitsev
Brannstrom Zub
Mete MDZ
Holden
JBrown
I honestly this this will be our roster, but we will trade L. Brown and a pick for one of the guys weve been rumoured to be attached to like Strome, Henrique or Monahan..

Tkachuck Norris Batherson
Stützle Pinto Brown
Formenton Strome White
Paul Tierney Watson

I think thell like Formenton's speed on that third line a d Paul's skill and playmaking on the 4th. That 4th line is weirdly constructed without Paul.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Unless other moves are made I would expect something like this to start the season:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stützle-Pinto-Brown
Formenton-Paul-Sokolov
Greig-White-Watson
Kelly

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Stutzle - Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - White
Paul - Tierney - Watson
Bishop

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub
Mete - Holden
Del Zotto - Brown

Murray
Forsberg
Gustavsson (if injury)

This is really close I think. I hope space is cleared sooner than later (draft picks are fine) to move the usual suspects out to allow Bernard-Docker, Sokolov and the like time with the team, before Sanderson and Kleven arrive in April.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Unless other moves are made I would expect something like this to start the season:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stützle-Pinto-Brown
Formenton-Paul-Sokolov
Greig-White-Watson
Kelly

Ya … I don’t think DJ likes Paul as a Center ..zero chance Pinto+Sok+Grieg+Form+ Kelly all start the season.

Logan is ahead of them anyway.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Ya … I don’t think DJ likes Paul as a Center ..zero chance Pinto+Sok+Grieg+Form+ Kelly all start the season.

Logan is ahead of them anyway.
Logan is behind all of them. He is not an organizational priority. Pinto, Formenton, Sokolov and Greig are all more important to the Sens than Logan Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad