OT: 2020 Vancouver Whitecaps

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I'm far from a Teibert fan but I thought he played one of his best games on Saturday. Broke up a ton of plays in midfield, was excellent defensively.
He was decent but I can’t see us ever having a playoff caliber team with him in the centre of the pitch.

Frostage

May 23, 2014
The weird thing about Teibert is how he broke onto the team as a cocky offensive winger who Robo converted to a holding midfielder for some reason. He always looks like he thinking out there. If I were manager I might try to play in a more forward role

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The weird thing about Teibert is how he broke onto the team as a cocky offensive winger who Robo converted to a holding midfielder for some reason. He always looks like he thinking out there. If I were manager I might try to play in a more forward role
That move was the reason Teibert still has an MLS job. He is not good offensively. He is a one dimensional midfielder who can't play a lick of offense. Once in a while he can pot a goal, sure, but it's rare. He's not really good getting the ball forward but his passing ability is underrated. He is, however, really refined defensively in this league.

He's seriously an MLS era Whitecaps club legend. 166 games for us.. He even played a few games for the previous version of the Whitecaps as well.

Guy is a grizzled vet.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Absolutely not. Teibert has zero offensive capabilities. He’s a pure defensive midfielder who should be a substitute player that comes in late in games when we are preserving a lead. We’re not winning an MLS title with him starting. We really need a good center mid and some Center backs

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Vancouver Canucks and the Vancouver Whitecaps have horrible owners.

Still feel that the ownership group plan to sell the MLS slot to an American market in the next 5 years.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Pannes seemed so competent, really don't know what's going on here. Very discouraging.
I wonder if it was personal between Pannes and Schuster, or some other better opportunity simply came around for him or something. He was signed to a long-term deal, so obviously something out of the ordinary happened. It's hard to get much of a read on Schuster, but Pannes really came off as someone who knew what he was doing, so it sucks.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Oh cool, they’re taking a page out of the Canucks’ playbook.

Cool. Cool-cool-cool.

Pannes probably told the owners to open their wallets.

Seriously. It's a gong show, from the top down. This City and the soccer fans deserves better.

I just hope this bloody ownership group f***s off. 10 years and they have moved backwards. MLSE used to get a lot of flack but at least they have standards.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Losing Pannes is a Brackett tier loss. No one more respected in their front office. Brought change and did well in the role only to be let go.

So sad. I loved the Pannes era of six months. Back to ignoring the whitecaps existence for me.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Pannes probably told the owners to open their wallets.

Seriously. It's a gong show, from the top down. This City and the soccer fans deserves better.

I just hope this bloody ownership group f***s off. 10 years and they have moved backwards. MLSE used to get a lot of flack but at least they have standards.
Makes one almost feel nostalgic for Bobby Lenarduzzi.

Almost.

Pump n Dump

Sep 2, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
The Whitecaps tale of whoa continues with unpopular dismissal of CEO Mark Pannes | Calgary Herald

“The last 100 days has just turned our entire world upside down. And with that, it was really clear that we wanted to go to one voice, one culture, one process. This was the opposite of a dollar decision.

“Our job is to not let the club get thrown into the piles of other clubs and sporting franchises that are getting decimated during this time. Hundreds of football clubs — or actually now, thousands — are going into administration. The sporting landscape is upside down. We could go on to almost all the sports. Our job is to actually rise out of this time. This is something I don’t take lightly and I’m standing here today to to clearly say this is the right decision for the club.”

Jeff Mallett

The opposite of a dollar decision my a**.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Mass exodus of long-time VWFC fans. It was bound to happen...Personally I went from diehard fan to apathetic and now I could care less is the franchise ceases operation. I would rather support a local CPL franchise.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With COVID-19 infections basically running rampant in Florida, it makes you wonder about the ultimate fate of the MLS tournament in Orlando. MLS players from Canada have to be concerned about going anywhere in the U.S. right now, particularly Florida.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
This franchise has no direction, vision, or standard of excellence in terms of conducting scouting, thinking outside the old school established box, and pursuing quality players needed to not only build a great team but also put fans in their seats.

We need a Nani tier signing to spark this team and create excite once MLS resumes (probably a year at this rate). And it can't stop their, our biggest creative threat is our left wingback, we need an entire midfield to not only actually shield the back 4, but create and string more than 2 basic passes together...so many pitiful players at the club.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
My interest in the team started to decline the second they decided to let go Camilo Sanvezzo go. I thought to myself, how do you let the reigning golden boot winner sign elsewhere, is this team actually trying to win? And then the following years the slow decline of the team followed so did my interest.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Now...I pass along 2nd hand information but it would seem the ownership group is exploring alternatives with the franchise. COVID19 along with a recent exodus of season ticketholders may have forced their hand.

My guess is the franchise will be sold and relocated.

Last edited:

Frostage

May 23, 2014
Now...I pass along 2nd hand information but it would seem the ownership group is exploring alternatives with the franchise. COVID19 along with a recent exodus of season ticketholders may have forced their hand.

My guess is the franchise will be sold and relocated.

My

While this saddens me that Vancouver could lose another team, I am not a fan of this ownership.

As much as I blame Aquaman for meddling with the Canucks, I think buying the Whitecaps could be an excellent opportunity for him. His impatience could potentially be useful and thankfully he is willing to spend money.

Does anyone think he will buy the team?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
While this saddens me that Vancouver could lose another team, I am not a fan of this ownership.

As much as I blame Aquaman for meddling with the Canucks, I think buying the Whitecaps could be an excellent opportunity for him. His impatience could potentially be useful and thankfully he is willing to spend money.

Does anyone think he will buy the team?

Aquaman buying the Whitecaps? I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad