2020 Usports Recruiting

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Boys the charter to the East Coast hasn’t left yet. Tours have been postponed but the wheels are down and pending!.. and the Raskle kid at UNB And the 16 forwards already on site at the Drake may be factors.

Good point about Mark Rassell being a former Medicine Hat Tiger. Still I would be surprised to see an elite Edmonton prospect not end up at UofA.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Per Victor Findlay on Twitter: MacAuley Carson, captain of the Sudbury Wolves, to the UPEI Panthers for '20-21, done deal.

Reactions: Rob

denislemieuxchiefs

Apr 2, 2020
The AUS so far.

NameUniversity
Tyler HinamACADIA
Cole RafuseACADIA
Derek GentileDAL
Darien KielbDAL
Josh WainmanDAL
Christian HuntleyDAL
Shaun MillerDAL
Ethan O'RourkeDAL
Walter FlowerSMU
Cedric RalphSMU
Brandon ClavelleSTFx
Ethan CrossmanSTFx
Alex-Olivier VoyerUdeM
Yann-Félix LapointeUdeM
Felix RobertUdeM
Émile SamsonUdeM
Rémy AnglehartUdeM
Denis TonerUdeM
William BasqueUdeM
Mika CyrUdeM
Shane FarkasUPEI
MacAuley CarsonUPEI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Island Husky

Sep 18, 2008
Kensington PEI
Big addition for UPEI. Their biggest problem in recent years has been keeping the puck out of the net.
I dunno, Hoffley was a real iron man for them, played every game this year except the last reg season, knocked Mancina out of the starting role, and he was a decent goalie too. Their defensemen though, yeah, improved this year with Headrick and Brassard, but they are a lot of offense, and after the first three, yep they need some additions.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I dunno, Hoffley was a real iron man for them, played every game this year except the last reg season, knocked Mancina out of the starting role, and he was a decent goalie too. Their defensemen though, yeah, improved this year with Headrick and Brassard, but they are a lot of offense, and after the first three, yep they need some additions.

Hofley was good for them this year, but I do think he was starting to get wore out by the end of the season. Having another healthy, solid goaltender should help just from being able to split up the playing time more.

Personally, I think the Panthers biggest weakness has been their defensive play (more so than their goaltending). A few years ago their D was made up almost entirely of Junior A guys and now it is all CHL guys, but strangely it seems they have gotten worse defensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: dm8895 and Rob

Island Husky

Sep 18, 2008
Kensington PEI
Not entirely, MacEachran and McCabe are both Junior A grads, and played a ton this year especially McCabe, the other four of the main six, are CHL and one of them they didn't get until Christmas. Out of their last twelve defencemen ( who played, not sit in the stands) 8 of them are CHL grads.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Hofley was good for them this year, but I do think he was starting to get wore out by the end of the season. Having another healthy, solid goaltender should help just from being able to split up the playing time more.

Personally, I think the Panthers biggest weakness has been their defensive play (more so than their goaltending). A few years ago their D was made up almost entirely of Junior A guys and now it is all CHL guys, but strangely it seems they have gotten worse defensively.

Sounds like Hofley won’t be back...along with Zinkan, Labelle, Whittingham, and Yetman.

Summerside's Carson MacKinnon to play for UPEI Panthers in 2020-21 | The Guardian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad