2020 Usports Recruiting

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Regarding Alberta...

According to their Instagram Burke, Carroll, Lange, Cooper, Nickles, and Linaker are all graduating. Carroll is the highest scorer out of the bunch, placing 8th on their team with 22 points, so they are going to have a lot of firepower returning.

I’m curious to see what they do with their goaltending situation this summer, especially now that two of the top CHL overagers are off the table in Farkas (rumored to UPEI) and Tendeck (pro). The good thing for them is that the top three guys left (Jiri Patera, Beck Warm, and Liam Hughes) are all WHLers. Of course, they could go off the board and bring in someone with CHL eligibility remaining like they did with Sawchenko.

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Regarding Alberta...

According to their Instagram Burke, Carroll, Lange, Cooper, Nickles, and Linaker are all graduating. Carroll is the highest scorer out of the bunch, placing 8th on their team with 22 points, so they are going to have a lot of firepower returning.

I’m curious to see what they do with their goaltending situation this summer, especially now that two of the top CHL overagers are off the table in Farkas (rumored to UPEI) and Tendeck (pro). The good thing for them is that the top three guys left (Jiri Patera, Beck Warm, and Liam Hughes) are all WHLers. Of course, they could go off the board and bring in someone with CHL eligibility remaining like they did with Sawchenko.

beck warm is verbally committed to Alberta

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
What grounds would they have to appeal?

Literally was just going to say the same thing...he clearly played a full (or nearly full, not sure how many games they play) season in Italy.

He was committed to Guelph last summer before going overseas (where he had a good season from the looks of it) and now it looks like that decision is going to cost him a season. In hindsight I wonder if he would have rather gone the USports route from the get-go...have to think the European option would have been there in a couple years.

I also noticed Aagaard has left the DEL after playing two games and has signed with MODO in the Allsvenskan...how do those two leagues compare?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->