2020 Usports Recruiting

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
F Bradley Chenier (Sudbury, OHL) to Ottawa

D Keenan MacIsaac (Baie-Comeau, QMJHL) to Ottawa

D Darien Kielb (Quebec, QMJHL) to Dalhousie

That’s a couple nice additions for the Tigers thus far.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I’m going to move this over to this thread...

They have Robert & Voyer confirmed? impressive! I believe Mika Cyr is also attending UdeM currently who is another solid recruit.

Someone with more knowledge would know better, and can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it isn’t uncommon for overagers to attend the university in their CHL town before going somewhere else once their junior career is done. I know there have been some OHL players who have started their studies in Ontario before coming to the AUS.

In other words, just because a Moncton Wildcats player is attending UdeM doesn’t necessarily mean he will play for the Aigles Bleus.

Reactions: WildWillie

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
In other words, just because a Moncton Wildcats player is attending UdeM doesn’t necessarily mean he will play for the Aigles Bleus.

Correct - they have to attend school to maintain their eligibility for their education package (most take distance ed, but some take in-class courses), but they can take it (the package) anywhere once their CHL career is over.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
I’m going to move this over to this thread...

Someone with more knowledge would know better, and can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it isn’t uncommon for overagers to attend the university in their CHL town before going somewhere else once their junior career is done. I know there have been some OHL players who have started their studies in Ontario before coming to the AUS.

Anecdotally, I would agree: many students take courses at a local or online school before going elsewhere.

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
Anecdotally, I would agree: many students take courses at a local or online school before going elsewhere.

Most, if not all, University-aged WHLers take online courses through Athabasca, due to their travel schedule.

It's more common in the OHL for students to enroll in the local university (if there is one) or college.

Reactions: AdamMcg83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad