Dec 26, 2018
Who is captain and assistants?
My prediction would be:
C - Seider
A - Hüttl
A - Bokk
A - Schütz
A - Maybe Valenti
I think they are going with 4 A´s like they did last year. Two for the white jerseys and the other two for the black one

President of Hockey

Aug 13, 2016
In many mock drafts I have seen Peterka being selected well ahead of Reichel, although the latter has better stats in the DEL. Does anyone know why Peterka is usually ranked ahead of Reichel?

Reactions: smitty10

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Russia winning against Canada. Everything that we can't control is going the worst possible way. Maybe we can get a game to OT and advance over the Czech team.
However I'm not worried at all even if this team goes to relegation, I am sure they will beat whoever they are facing. In fact I think this team would have no trouble advancing in the other group

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Russia winning against Canada. Everything that we can't control is going the worst possible way. Maybe we can get a game to OT and advance over the Czech team.
However I'm not worried at all even if this team goes to relegation, I am sure they will beat whoever they are facing. In fact I think this team would have no trouble advancing in the other group

Doesn't it ultimately come down to H2H anyways?
With the Czechs facing Canada and the USA and us facing a pissed off Canada team on Monday out for blood and a scary Russia team, odds are very high that both remain at 3 points. Czech might take something from the other two games but if they don't we should be through regardless..
But yeah. Even if we have to play relegation, it shouldn't be a huge issue.

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
What? It was really important for us that russia won that game. If not there could have been the possibility of russia, czechs and us have the same amount of points and I don´t think we will win against russia. We have to hope that czechs don´t get a point from the games against usa and canada because we won the H2H against the czechs. Or am I wrong? :D

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
In many mock drafts I have seen Peterka being selected well ahead of Reichel, although the latter has better stats in the DEL. Does anyone know why Peterka is usually ranked ahead of Reichel?
Because Peterka is the better player. Nothing against Reichel, but he's more of a 2nd and 3rd rounder where Peterka is more 1st round quality.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What? It was really important for us that russia won that game. If not there could have been the possibility of russia, czechs and us have the same amount of points and I don´t think we will win against russia. We have to hope that czechs don´t get a point from the games against usa and canada because we won the H2H against the czechs. Or am I wrong? :D

That's exactly right. Russia point was important. They didn't necessarily need 3, 1 would have been fine, perhaps better if Germany could beat them, but Russia getting something was important. Russia losing both resulting in a 3 way tie would have saw Germany last if they lost to Russia by 2 or more.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

I mean, I didn't know nor get it. But after these first two games, Peterka has been infinitely more impressive. I don't know if he was getting lucky, just being where he was so many times, at the right time, but he was.

I think many are right, when they predict one in each of the first 3 rounds.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just hear to wish you well against Russia! If you win we both move on! :)

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Maybe not the right place, but what's Germany looking like for this year's NHL draft? I know Stutzle and Peterka are likely 1st rounders and Reichel is a late 1st-3rd rounder. What does the rest of the draft class look like? Are there any more likely candidates for selection?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maybe not the right place, but what's Germany looking like for this year's NHL draft? I know Stutzle and Peterka are likely 1st rounders and Reichel is a late 1st-3rd rounder. What does the rest of the draft class look like? Are there any more likely candidates for selection?

Gloetzl will also be picked. Thats about all else I know.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Congrats on well deserved survival! We all know the returnee list should be impressive, but who are the most exciting potential newcomers next season, anyone willing to provide some names?

Reactions: smitty10

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Congrats on well deserved survival! We all know the returnee list should be impressive, but who are the most exciting potential newcomers next season, anyone willing to provide some names?

Like you said, returnees like seider, peterka, stutzle and reichel will be fun to watch. Defensemen Simon Gnyp and Maximillion Glotzl were both late cuts this year, I believe they'll probably be there next season. Filip Varejcka and Jac Luca Schumacher are another couple guys I'd keep an eye on.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Like you said, returnees like seider, peterka, stutzle and reichel will be fun to watch. Defensemen Simon Gnyp and Maximillion Glotzl were both late cuts this year, I believe they'll probably be there next season. Filip Varejcka and Jac Luca Schumacher are another couple guys I'd keep an eye on.

idk if Seider will be back for sure though.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Do you guys think Peterka, Bokk and Reichel is already good enough for mens national team?
Well Bokk is the best of them currently, and he is badly struggling in SHL, so don't think any of them will make the senior WC, Bokk might get an exhibition game or two in spring in the name of the future.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Well Bokk is the best of them currently, and he is badly struggling in SHL, so don't think any of them will make the senior WC, Bokk might get an exhibition game or two in spring in the name of the future though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad