WJC: 2020 Team Germany Roster

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Not going to disagree with this. But, I am 100% rooting for Germany to not get relegated this year since I think they actually have a shot at a medal next year if they stay up. Could be similar to Switzerland last year... a pleasant surprise.
I agree I think they will scare some of the bigger teams, it will be interesting to see their top guys on big stage this year. Next year who knows, it’s hard to figure how players will develop. Maybe Seider plays in the NHL and the team won’t release him, same with Stutzle. It’s hard to see right now. I’m glad that this should be exciting tournament all around. But let’s not act like a couple first round players will make a medal contender. It’s a short tournament, and anything can happen and it often exposes either strengths or weaknesses. Like I said I think it’s a bit foolish to predict what will happen in the next years tournament.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I agree with him too.

You are comparing Cajkovic, Okuliar and Hlavaj with Bokk, Seider and Stützle. I dont think I have to bring on arguments for bold comparisons like this.
Yeah seider is the real deal, but I wouldn’t count out Cajkovic being that far behind Bokk in development. I think Slovaks weakness right now is down the middle, Germans get the right guy there with Stutzle.

Reactions: TheGreekShot

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Germany and Slovakia would likely be a very close game.
I believe that Slovakia has the better goalie and depth, but there's no argument that Germany's top end talent is absolutely better. I'd also say Germany's top end talent is better than the Swiss or Czechs.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Germany and Slovakia would likely be a very close game.
I believe that Slovakia has the better goalie and depth, but there's no argument that Germany's top end talent is absolutely better. I'd also say Germany's top end talent is better than the Swiss or Czechs.

Czechs have nothing close to seider on D so huge advantage there. Having said that, I don't think Germans have a better goalie than Dostal. Lauko and Jenik are coming in great form and pytlik and mysak could be first rounders. We might be deeper in net and goal. Maybe.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Having said that above... I think the Czech-Germany game will determine who goes onto quarter final. I'm guessing an insanely stressful one goal game. Wouldn't surprise me if Germans one and eliminated Czechs from quarter finals.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Czechs have nothing close to seider on D so huge advantage there. Having said that, I don't think Germans have a better goalie than Dostal. Lauko and Jenik are coming in great form and pytlik and mysak could be first rounders. We might be deeper in net and goal. Maybe.

I have no doubt dostal is better than any German goalie

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
Dostal might be the best goaltender in the tournament.

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
What is the health status of Moritz Seider? He didn´t play in the 3rd period for his AHL team and is not playing for Germany U20 today. Anyone know anything?

Christien

May 1, 2010
What is the health status of Moritz Seider? He didn´t play in the 3rd period for his AHL team and is not playing for Germany U20 today. Anyone know anything?
I don't think it's anything serious. He missed the game on Wednesday in San Diego, but he made the trip so it's possible he plays tonight for the Griffins.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Germany-Switzerland friendly tonight:

Game

Germany was up 5-0 after 30 minutes, in the end it's 5-4.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
They don´t play for munich today so they should be with the U20 team. Probably they are considered as locks and the coaches want to see other playing

That is bad timing for Munich. They are already missing 10 or 11 players for a variety of reasons (mostly injuries though). No Schütz and no Peterka is not going to improve their situation.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Not a chance. Knight and Askarov are magnitudes better to name a few.
LOL. Might be better prospects but at ATM i wouldn't for a second, consider them "magnitudes" better than Dostal. Certainly they could end up playing better in this tourney since both have better defences in front of them, but Dostal is a .923 save percentage in the finnish mens league through 23 games. Quite impressive.
Hes 19, has experience from last years tourney as well (.957 sv% there through 4 gp).

All 3 are great. you could argue 1 is above the other 2 but not by magnitudes. will be fun to watch them all

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Cutting Vari is a bad move. Both the Austrian and German federations lack respect for the Salzburg program.

I like Varejcka and he could have made the team based on performance and talent level, but the difference is not that big.
Looking at that forward group I don't see who he his clearly better than. Just based ond individual skill he may be better than some, but not by that much and when you factor in the roles they are supposed to play, I don't see it as overly egregious that they cut him.
Although personally I would have liked to see him on the team especially since the 01 class is a bit weak and he will be a key player next year and it would be a valuable experience for him. But I don't see a lack of respect for the Salzburg program since many players from that program have been playing for the German U-teams across the board for years now.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I like Varejcka and he could have made the team based on performance and talent level, but the difference is not that big.
Looking at that forward group I don't see who he his clearly better than. Just based ond individual skill he may be better than some, but not by that much and when you factor in the roles they are supposed to play, I don't see it as overly egregious that they cut him.
Although personally I would have liked to see him on the team especially since the 01 class is a bit weak and he will be a key player next year and it would be a valuable experience for him. But I don't see a lack of respect for the Salzburg program since many players from that program have been playing for the German U-teams across the board for years now.
I don't know how good the rest of your team is. But I've watched every game of Varejcka this year and I watched every game last year. He's no worse this year than Schutz was last year. Arguably better. He's absolutely carrying a line with 2 forwards who are entirely dependent on him for scoring, and provide him very limited benefits in return. Maybe you think the rest of your team is better than that, in which case I would have to say, Germany's team must be one for the century.

A lack of respect doesn't just mean complete omission. Lack of respect can be underrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad