Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
El Arsenal vería con buenos ojos un trueque Lacazette-Lemar

AS discusses Lacazette-Lemar swap and mentioned how Atletico very much like Lacazette.

• In summer 2018, Arsenal pulled out last second on a £93m bid for Lemar when they couldn't complete the Alexis Sanchez to Man City transfer in time before the Summer transfer deadline.
  • That same summer, Lacazette agreed to join Atletico, but they couldn't get the deal over the line due to the transfer ban. They ended up signing Diego Costa (lol) in the Winter transfer.
  • Lemar moved to Atletico for £70m the next year and has been a disastrous signing for them. (As has pretty much any forward for them post-Griezmann)
Lacazette's been poor this season, but he was the team's best player the year before. I have as many goals and assists as Lemar this season.

I would not be happy with this rumored deal and just stick with him and Martinelli for next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That seems too good to be true.
He has a pretty insane G/A ratio per 90 for them and from what I read, he's been really good for them. I read that Roma haven't met Arsenal's 12m valuation for him to make the transfer permanent.

Still think there's a player in Mkhitaryan and TBH I'm still a fan. It's a shame that Man Utd and Mourinho derailed his career. To make matters worse, he was thrown right into Unai Emery's Arsenal.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He has a pretty insane G/A ratio per 90 for them and from what I read, he's been really good for them. I read that Roma haven't met Arsenal's 12m valuation for him to make the transfer permanent.

Still think there's a player in Mkhitaryan and TBH I'm still a fan. It's a shame that Man Utd and Mourinho derailed his career. To make matters worse, he was thrown right into Unai Emery's Arsenal.

Part of me feels bad for him, as his personality is reserved and he's had a wild few years.

But he also employs Raiola, who has spent the last 5-6 years trying to move him annually for more money. There seems to be a major gap in what the guy says he values and who he has managing his career.

Reactions: Cassano

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He can no longer play every game, but he does well as a RCB in a back 3 and can be a back up RB. I don't mind extending his contract another season, but one more year is probably it and then he'll retire.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Even if Mkhi's been good for them, Kluivert was a stud prospect, for it to make any sense he would have to have been pretty bad for them so far

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Even if Mkhi's been good for them, Kluivert was a stud prospect, for it to make any sense he would have to have been pretty bad for them so far
Up and down with Roma. In his first year, he produced 1g in 29 matches and this season had a drought of 15 games without scoring. Probably should've stayed at Ajax, but then they probably wouldn't have gotten Tadic.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Up and down with Roma. In his first year, he produced 1g in 29 matches and this season had a drought of 15 games without scoring. Probably should've stayed at Ajax, but then they probably wouldn't have gotten Tadic.
Said it at the time...Kluivert really hurt himself moving when he did. Incredible talent but inflated ego, and lack of self awareness. We'll see if he turns it around like Memphis did because he has all the tools...but of course, going to Arsenal isn't exactly a step in the right direction IMO...

Reactions: gary69 and Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Said it at the time...Kluivert really hurt himself moving when he did. Incredible talent but inflated ego, and lack of self awareness. We'll see if he turns it around like Memphis did because he has all the tools...but of course, going to Arsenal isn't exactly a step in the right direction IMO...
From Arsenal perspective, would rather straight up offload Mkhitaryan's wages and have Martinelli/Saka/Nelson compete for that spot on the left.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

In my dream world Arteta is the kind of coach who knows how to work with players to unlock their potential so maybe it could be a good thing for him :)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well that's just incredibly inaccurate haha.

It has to be.

Never say never. I doubt it, but the club wants to raise 70 million by I believe June 30th. I'd try and offload Umtiti, Semedo and then go bargain basement for all the other guys like Vidal, Rakitic, etc. The first team squad could have potentially 35 guys come July 1st so they'll need to dump players.

Reactions: Cassano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille