Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Chelsea and Juve talking about a trade for Jorginho and Pjanic.

- City might be content about losing Sane to Bayern on a free, opens up wages' for other potential targets.

- United targeting Matondo as Sancho is becoming more unrealistic.

- Ancelotti been chatting with Rabiot's family.

- Newcastle also in books for a potential bid for Bale if the Saudi move goes through. So what is that? Bale, Coutinho, and Koulibaly?! Can't think of a more miserable trifecta of overrated players than that.

- Barca looking at Juan Foyth from Spurs after they ship out one of Todibo or Umtiti.

- Barca's masterplan is they sign Dest, ships out Semedo to Man City for Joao Cancelo, which then moves Vidal in a swap+cash deal for Martinez. Cocaine is one hell of a drug lol.

Pjanic would be a great fit at Barca. One of the best passers in the world. Very underrated for what he brings tbh.
That's not it, it's D2M posting every single rumour for Martinez and one of the main players they sign this year is Pjanic. :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would be straight up highway robbery for Juve if the deal goes through. Sounds like Arthur doesn't want to leave which is good.
I think this is overrating Arthur and underrating Pjanic. Pjanic is an elite midfielder already. Arthur will be lucky to be as good eventually.

Reactions: Cassano

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I wish there was some kind of rumours or anything really for Brighton. The only rumors that ever seem to come up are Dunk leaving and Jahanbakhsh contemplating his future.
I would love to have a link....

I think a lot of clubs like Brighton are going to have to wait and see how the money shakes out. If they can't get the season off and running again, and they have to see a massive revenue drop because of it, a lot of clubs like them are going to be selling everything that isn't nailed down to cover the balance.

I think it's going to be quiet beyond a few of the bigger fish who can afford to make a few moves. I think you'll have some of the bigger clubs playing it smart and making cheap buys since they know some smaller clubs might need cash.

If I'm United, Bayern or so forth, I call around and see what's available for cheap, because a lot of clubs will need to sell a part or two to keep things afloat. If I'm a smaller club, I could also get caught holding the bag and have no one to buy what I can sell.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm once again late to the party, but I think generational talent can have two implications. Certainly, being the best in your era for a sustained period is a qualifier. I think that might not have to be as long as you'd think to qualify. If TAA can do it at the peak for another couple of seasons, he qualifies easily, even if he levels off or sees issues with injuries or what have you.

But I think you can also qualify for generational if you shift how the position is considered. I think that's more of what they're seeing with him, more so than him being superior in every facet to players at RB. Running a game from right back is something relatively unique that I've seen. Admittedly, I didn't watch much of Cafu in his pomp so it's hard to completely make a comparison, and Carlos Alberto was way before me.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think a lot of clubs like Brighton are going to have to wait and see how the money shakes out. If they can't get the season off and running again, and they have to see a massive revenue drop because of it, a lot of clubs like them are going to be selling everything that isn't nailed down to cover the balance.

I think it's going to be quiet beyond a few of the bigger fish who can afford to make a few moves. I think you'll have some of the bigger clubs playing it smart and making cheap buys since they know some smaller clubs might need cash.

If I'm United, Bayern or so forth, I call around and see what's available for cheap, because a lot of clubs will need to sell a part or two to keep things afloat. If I'm a smaller club, I could also get caught holding the bag and have no one to buy what I can sell.

Oh for sure. I was more referring to links in general. Even in a normal transfer window Brigthon is rarely linked to anyone. World will come out that they are in on someone from a smaller European League or the Championship and within 48ish hours they have either signed or the a deal wasn't struck. Trossard and Mac Allister are the moan recent memory transfers that actually had a prolonged build up.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Oh for sure. I was more referring to links in general. Even in a normal transfer window Brigthon is rarely linked to anyone. World will come out that they are in on someone from a smaller European League or the Championship and within 48ish hours they have either signed or the a deal wasn't struck. Trossard and Mac Allister are the moan recent memory transfers that actually had a prolonged build up.

I also think everyone's scared to be linked with players. Hard to plead poor or ask for a wage cut of your players if you're out sniffing transfers left and right.

It's going to be a waiting game, with a lot of loans if you ask me.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This kid just turned 17. Playing second division in Turkey, but he's been a starter all season. Born in Kazakstan, but plays for Turkey.

@YNWA14, do you know anything about this guy? He's playing in the second division, so you might not and he's never been capped for Netherlands at youth level, as far as I can tell. I've seen conflicting reports if a transfer has been agreed, but I've seen his name mentioned with Dortmund a few times recently, so I suspect it may not be far off, if it isn't already completed.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
@YNWA14, do you know anything about this guy? He's playing in the second division, so you might not and he's never been capped for Netherlands at youth level, as far as I can tell. I've seen conflicting reports if a transfer has been agreed, but I've seen his name mentioned with Dortmund a few times recently, so I suspect it may not be far off, if it isn't already completed.
He's one of a few guys in the 2nd division I'd kept tabs on but there are a few other young guys in the league that have been talked about in higher regard/shown more this season. Good ball control and actually pretty good instincts around the box but I think his lack of explosiveness will hamper him and prevent him from becoming a top player, among other things. Nothing too exciting IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad