Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
At 20 he already broke the record for most assists from a PL defender. He was gonna break that record once again before the season ended. He has more assists in one season than an elite playmaker in David Silva had in any PL season. Outside of Hazard's last season with Chelsea, he has also produced more assists than him in any single season.

TAA is only 2 years older than Dest, who he is being compared to in this thread.

And Barca, if they want a player who can turn it up defensively are probably better off getting back Emerson from Betis, who has produced more in a stronger league than Dest so far in their careers AND called up for the Brazilian NT.
Milner had some record for assists. In soccer assists are weirdly totally. Usually full backs have more assits than elite playmakers. Saw that with guys like Xavi/Iniesta. TAA had an elite past 2 seasons but no way i'd call him a generational talent just yet. Last time barca bought from barca it was the great Firpo who was complete ass. So, that means nothing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's not remotely close to Neymar in any aspect of his game. Like orange and apples, really. I feel like Talles will end up being a striker in the long run. He's got pace and dribbling, but I just feel it's not enough of both to become a world-class winger. As a striker, he'll be fantastic but needs to improve his finishing. Comparing him to Martinelli would be much easier and healthy for both players. And I'd rank Talles higher.
Veron seems like the higher ceiling player from what I’ve seen of that generation which is admittedly not much.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's not remotely close to Neymar in any aspect of his game. Like orange and apples, really. I feel like Talles will end up being a striker in the long run. He's got pace and dribbling, but I just feel it's not enough of both to become a world-class winger. As a striker, he'll be fantastic but needs to improve his finishing. Comparing him to Martinelli would be much easier and healthy for both players. And I'd rank Talles higher.
For sure. I’ve never seen the player and I hate the headline. Martinelli is an interesting comp. based on their pedigrees. Klopp is definitely a fan of Martinelli as well. Seems worth keeping an eye on.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
David Ornstein (God Tier for PL) reported this morning that Werner will either go to LFC or stay at Leipzig.

I think this comes down to FSG having the appetite to spend post Virus or not

I figured it'd be one of those options. I would think he stays with RBL at this stage.

Way too early to call TAA a generational talent. I was the one that Said ALba/Alves and I meant it as great going forward but spotty defending.

TAA isn't a generational talent yet because he's not even close to finishing his career yet, but he certainly looks a generational talent.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I figured it'd be one of those options. I would think he stays with RBL at this stage.

TAA isn't a generational talent yet because he's not even close to finishing his career yet, but he certainly looks a generational talent.
Meh we see...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Basically all I'm saying is that he needs to keep it up which is entirely possible. For his "generation" I'd say that both he and Kimmich (depending on where he plays) look like generational talents. After that there's another couple of candidates as well.
Id say he has some more proving to do. Tbh.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Which is essentially what I said. I think he's proven for his age, but you have to maintain that over the course of a career to be a "generational" talent in my mind. Maintain that and be towards top for a significant period of time. Regardless of TAA the RB position always comes to mind and both Alves and Lahm stand out. Both were very clearly "generational" talents at their position.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Which is essentially what I said. I think he's proven for his age, but you have to maintain that over the course of a career to be a "generational" talent in my mind. Maintain that and be towards top for a significant period of time. Regardless of TAA the RB position always comes to mind and both Alves and Lahm stand out. Both were very clearly "generational" talents at their position.
Ya we can agree on that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think you can be a generational talent but not necessarily maintain consistently level of performance over your entire career. That would make you a generational player, IMO. I think at this point Trent has already proven to be a generational talent for what he's doing at such a young age...whether he becomes an all time great is another story.

Reactions: Cassano

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Call me when were linked to the 2nd best german player of all time Kai.

Dummy, you do realize that Brandt and Havertz are buddies right? :D Then we can get Werner so Ter Stegen has a pal.

I think you can be a generational talent but not necessarily maintain consistently level of performance over your entire career. That would make you a generational player, IMO. I think at this point Trent has already proven to be a generational talent for what he's doing at such a young age...whether he becomes an all time great is another story.

Yes you can. You can be a "generational talent" and be quite average if the rest of your generation is average. I just mean relative level. TAA won't need 15 assists a season every season to be a generational talent, but rather just generally be a top RB throughout his career. It's really about how he compares to his peers from his generation throughout his career. He's a generational talent thus far, but he'll have to maintain that over time to keep the label.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Alexander-Arnold might never be generational at both ends of the pitch, but going forward is absolutely insane and you can legitimately argue that he has thee best curve skills in the world.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Well in 3 years he already has 2 CL finals (one win), 1 soon to be league title and record man for total assist. If this is not generational pace then that would make nobody generational.

He is the best playmaker at RB in football at this moment at 21 years old!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Alpha's don't need pals.

image.jpg

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well in 3 years he already has 2 CL finals (one win), 1 soon to be league title and record man for total assist. If this is not generational pace then that would make nobody generational.

He is the best playmaker at RB in football at this moment at 21 years old!
If we are talking only RBs okay maybe, I think Kimmich still has a say. If we are talking all positions, TAA is arguable to be the best playmaker on his team, and definitely isn’t in the PL.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Take as you will. Barça paid 1,2m euros for the right to buy him now for an extra 3,5m but it seems like the coronavirus crisis will make them give up on their option. He'd be dumb to go to a PL team, especially Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad