Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He had, but he has stuggled a bit.
Lyon made out like bandits since he never really fit.
Ikone is a nice target, but haven't head much. Lille will sell Osimhen for north of 60M and Gabriel for big money too.
Do you have a scouting report for both of them? I’ve seen them play but not nearly enough to make a good clear judgement.

What are your thoughts about Camavinga and his rumored move to RM?

Who are your breakout players for Ligue 1? Either guys you think will break out next season or guys that you think will get sold this season and breakout in other leagues?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

love Torreira, but AC Milan can have him if it guarantees the Partey transfer.

Bennacer -> PSG/City
Torreira -> Milan
Partey -> Arsenal
Arambarri -> Atletico

I honestly would like to keep both, but I also understand that clubs around Europe have financial implications to take care of first and books to balance. Partey is better than Torreira, but I also think he hasn't be truly unlocked yet since all he has had with us was a puppet in Emery and like two months of Arteta.

No way Icardi misses the Higuain chance and everyone knows it.
SEPH has a point here (yes he has), because Icardi on that team makes Argentina WC winners.
Nice to see you again Evilo! The problem isn't even Icardi, but it's Sabella playing Higuain over a superior player in Aguero too! If I remember correctly I think Aguero was fitting some fitness issues, but a limping Kun is better than whatever Higuain provided.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I honestly would like to keep both, but I also understand that clubs around Europe have financial implications to take care of first and books to balance. Partey is better than Torreira, but I also think he hasn't be truly unlocked yet since all he has had with us was a puppet in Emery and like two months of Arteta.

Nice to see you again Evilo! The problem isn't even Icardi, but it's Sabella playing Higuain over a superior player in Aguero too! If I remember correctly I think Aguero was fitting some fitness issues, but a limping Kun is better than whatever Higuain provided.
The injured aguero played more than Higuain in the final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Do you have a scouting report for both of them? I’ve seen them play but not nearly enough to make a good clear judgement.

What are your thoughts about Camavinga and his rumored move to RM?

Who are your breakout players for Ligue 1? Either guys you think will break out next season or guys that you think will get sold this season and breakout in other leagues?
Osimhen is a very clinical forward, but who's strong, fast and actually works hard. That's a lot of quality. His movement off the ball is very good. He could still get better in the clinical department though so that's scary.
Ikone is a powerful and quick winger with a strong shot and who's a very good passer. He needs to work on consistency.

Camavinga, what can I say? I don't remember someone being so good so young. He might just not progress that much because tbh, there isn't a lot of areas where he CAN. Technically gifted, ultra-hard worker, amazing awareness. Total package.
If you want to invest in L1 players in some dynasty ligas, you're not the first one to ask here. I've got multiple PMs :D
I personally love Iniesta-lite Maxence Caqueret in terms of "about to break out". He was already Lyon's best midfielder this season but Garcia would rather play the vets most of the time.
Kamara might move this summer away from OM. Extremely mature, excellent technically, great awareness. A bit slow however.
Joris Chotard is a DM from Montpellier. Follow him if you can. Amazing passer and strong destroyer.
Hannibal Mejbri (2003) is expected to play with the big boys with United next season. Closest thing to Rijkaard I've seen in a while.
Of course Rayan Cherki (2003) is amazing. Out of this world technical ability. Garcia might hinder his development however.
Something Gouiri has understood so he'll move away from Lyon this summer most likely. He could explode, though he lost a full year of development due to injuries.
Tanguy Kouassi and William Saliba are two amazing CBs. Different players though. Saliba is that strong tall guy who's good with his feet. Kouassi is all about anticipation, dribbling, passing. He can play DM too. And Kouassi weirdly enough (because he's not a giant) is extremely efficient in the air. Not many 18 year olds can score 2 goals in an L1 game. As a CB however? Don't think I remember any.

I could go on and on but those are the main ones.

Reactions: Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Village idiots out to bash Messi I see. At least we can look forward to some posts about some massively overrated Algerian players that nobody cares about.

Yeah let"s go back to what if Liverpool had good reasons not so sign Werner.

Let's. What reasons are those apart from Liverpool not having the funds/being financially responsible?

He had, but he has stuggled a bit.
Lyon made out like bandits since he never really fit.
Ikone is a nice target, but haven't head much. Lille will sell Osimhen for north of 60M and Gabriel for big money too.

Never thought Tousart looked that special.

Bordeaux should try and snag Gouiri from Lyon and then they've got an Adli-Gouiri partnership.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some interesting stats on Werner here:

Timo Werner: Why Liverpool move did not happen ahead of Chelsea switch

Look at that heat map. Granted he has a pretty free role this year, but that's exactly where I played him in our HFBoards Fantasy simulations and it yielded zero goals. Exactly what I was talking about. Anyway, I became a big fan after what he's done this season. Totally changed my view of him as a player. Still not sure Chelsea is the best move, but IMO a real coup signing for them.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yes and no... half those players you mentioned stopped getting called up after 2014. Dybala is an automatic call up now (he had to wait waaay too long for it) even though he's grossly misused.
Dyabla made 1 substation appearance in the previous WC. That is embarrassing, dude should've just played for Italy and become their talisman. Or Poland and terrorize defenses with Lewandowski. He's really only had 1 full tournament full of games at the age of 26 while being the best player in Italy for 4-5 years. That's an embarrassing look.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dyabla made 1 substation appearance in the previous WC. That is embarrassing, dude should've just played for Italy and become their talisman. Or Poland and terrorize defenses with Lewandowski.
He has another WC and 2 copas. He will get his time. Last wc was a joke. Thank the AFA for that one.

nope he is Argentian and developed by them why the f*** would he piss away his career in Italy or worse yet poland.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Some interesting stats on Werner here:

Timo Werner: Why Liverpool move did not happen ahead of Chelsea switch

Look at that heat map. Granted he has a pretty free role this year, but that's exactly where I played him in our HFBoards Fantasy simulations and it yielded zero goals. Exactly what I was talking about. Anyway, I became a big fan after what he's done this season. Totally changed my view of him as a player. Still not sure Chelsea is the best move, but IMO a real coup signing for them.

yeah, he can be the goods if he's used right. I'm not sure I think Lampard is tactically good enough (we haven't seen it yet) to do what he needs, but Klopp certainly would have been.

For what it's worth, having watched him since he came through at Stuttgart, if he's being asked to do too much, it might be a problem. He struggled severely trying to be the man and having minimal support. He will have some at Chelsea, but it's also not a layup.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
How can you be last year's European Champions, this year's PL Champions and can't fester up enough money to get a player besides Minamino? They even sold 40m worth of players last year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How can you be last year's European Champions, this year's PL Champions and can't fester up enough money to get a player besides Minamino? They even sold 40m worth of players last year.
I think they have a ton of outstanding payments on transfers already made and I think they've invested a lot recently in stadium/facilities. I'm sure that tied up a lot of their cash.

Reactions: Cassano

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

It's called COVID19 and almost everyone is suffering from it so long as they don't have outside sources of income. You just stated part of the problem yourself, winning the Premiership. That should means millions in bonuses paid out.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It's called COVID19 and almost everyone is suffering from it so long as they don't have outside sources of income. You just stated part of the problem yourself, winning the Premiership. That should means millions in bonuses paid out.
True, but a club like Chelsea is just waltzing in and just signing everyone (with the rumors of Aouar/Havertz)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
While money is an issue you also have to realize if Liverpool are that good, why would they need to make a massive signing to begin with when most of their team are in their primes?

It makes more sense to me to see which of the young guys they have now might be able to step up and compete. Elliott, Jones, Williams and a few others have shown big promise.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
While money is an issue you also have to realize if Liverpool are that good, why would they need to make a massive signing to begin with when most of their team are in their primes?

It makes more sense to me to see which of the young guys they have now might be able to step up and compete. Elliott, Jones, Williams and a few others have shown big promise.
Can always find ways to improve a team via transfer market.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I think it's good to promote within, but it's also good to freshen things up if you can with a fresh signing. Werner comes in and he's competition for Mane and Firmino.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can always find ways to improve a team via transfer market.
Sure, but Klopp isn't all about that buying just to buy life. Personally I'm also interested in seeing if guys like Ejaria, Grujic, Wilson and Woodburn can make it at Liverpool. We already know what the starting XI will be.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They don't have money because of a number of factors.

One, they really have not shown a proclivity of the owners to spend beyond what they make. That's always been the case, even when the Red Sox spend like crazy, they can afford to do it because NESN is stupid profitable (or well, was), and they sold out their ballpark every night. Liverpool's revenues are decent, and they've made some money, but a lot of that has been offset by selling players successfully and developing some others for cheaper. At some point though, if you want to keep those top players, you have to pay them better wages. Their profit margin wasn't that great before this, and it won't be better now.

Two, much of Liverpool's potential increase in profits are tied into expanding both the ad revenue and the stadium profits. The first is uncertain, and the second is on hold, because they're not even sure they can have fans in the stands for a year plus. There's also less likely to see the lucrative tour money, advertising is drying up, and we don't even know if the TV deal is going to re-up for the same level. I mean, Liverpool's America tour is multiple millions, along with advertising stops and promotions along the way.

Three, while they're not buying players, there are talks that they're trying to tie down Alisson and Virgil to new lucrative contracts. All the front three have signed up, and now they're going to pay those two. Contracts and the extensions they've given costs a lot of their budget. It's not as easy as saying, well go get players, but if you're paying 50 million, and offering 140k, it has a domino effect on your roster. If I'm Mane, and I'm only making 120k (not sure what he makes), but Werner comes in for more than that, there's another contract that has to be reworked.

While it might not be for other clubs, for Liverpool, FFP is something they follow. Chelsea can easily float some debt because their owner plugs it in there as a loan. Liverpool don't want to do that.

Finally, I would argue they do have some money. I just think they don't want to go out and spend what they do have not knowing what the economic situation might be. What if TV revenue dries up? What if they get no matchday revenue for a year? What if their Nike deal, which was predicated on selling merchandise, ends up a loser because people just don't have cash to spend anymore? All of those factors are on the don't spend side, along with the biggest elephant in the room, which is they're already 25 points clear. They have depth all around the squad, including some young players, and less used players, who could come through and improve. They've also been very clear that they feel there's a value when they can do things, and they won't if they don't meet that. Maybe they've felt that the market is going to be cheaper. So why spend top dollar on Werner, if they feel they can get a deal when some of the mid level clubs who are in dire straights have to sell cheaper?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
True, but a club like Chelsea is just waltzing in and just signing everyone (with the rumors of Aouar/Havertz)
I think we are in a weird spot where we had money allocated for transfers in January that fell through, and money saved up for stadium renovations, and that project has stalled. I'd imagine that's why we are more able to be active in this market compared to others.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Latest rumor ouf of the Kouassi camp is that despite his agent trying to push for a departure, he'll sign with PSG.
Well done Tuchel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad