Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I feel we should've just sold him, as much as the team revolves around him. He's gonna leave on a free next season to RM/Barca.

Reactions: les Habs

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Considering Maguire got 80m, this is a reasonable ask.

If I was Chelsea, I'd rather sign Tagliafico (25m), make some sells (Bakayoko, Barkley/RLC, Zouma, Batshuayi, Jorginho?) and go all in for Havertz or Upamecano.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I feel we should've just sold him, as much as the team revolves around him. He's gonna leave on a free next season to RM/Barca.

Like was for "should've just sold him" and NOT for him leaving for us.

Considering Maguire got 80m, this is a reasonable ask.

If I was Chelsea, I'd rather sign Tagliafico (25m), make some sells (Bakayoko, Barkley/RLC, Zouma, Batshuayi, Jorginho?) and go all in for Havertz or Upamecano.

I disagree. In this COVID19 market it's a big ask and anyone willing to fork over that much for him is dumber than a bag of hammers. Of course full power to Leicester for asking what they want. Like you said, Tagliafico all day for that sort of money and even then there might be better/cheaper options. I would assume a Wijndal could be had cheap enough. I think Chelsea were linked with Nuno Tavares as well, but Benfica like to be paid.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kouassi about to sign with PSG according to various sources now. He is waiting for his 18th birthday so that his agents get their money... Same agents who advised him to leave...

Anyway, Mbappe trying to convince Aouchiche to sign with PSG on Instagram :laugh: . Awesome guy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Juventus reach deal for Marash Kumbulla?

Juve reportedly agree to €32M transfer for CB Marash Kumbulla.

Why? They already have de Ligt, Bonucci, Chiellin, Rugani, Demiral.

They're a mega club who always win their league despite boneheaded decision in the past 4-5 years.
And romero who will probably get another loan or be sold hopefully. Imagine spending 120 million on CBs lol

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And romero who will probably get another loan or be sold hopefully. Imagine spending 120 million on CBs lol
Lol damn didn't even realize they bought him.

I have no idea what they're planning to do TBH.

Juve used to be insanely good in the transfer market, back when they were signing Tevez for like 12m, Pogba, Pirlo on a free, etc. It's been horrible since they decided to buy the Serie A title when they paid like 90m for Higuain Lol.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lol damn didn't even realize they bought him.

I have no idea what they're planning to do TBH.

Juve used to be insanely good in the transfer market, back when they were signing Tevez for like 12m, Pogba, Pirlo on a free, etc. It's been horrible since they decided to buy the Serie A title when they paid like 90m for Higuain Lol.
They pretty much said f*** CL with higauin transfer. And decided to accumulate the most league titles before the other teams woke up.

Reactions: Cassano

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Torres is still raw but quite good. I don't think he's a Sancho level talent but they could do worse with the Sancho money. If I were them I'd be going for someone like Cherki or Ihattaren with that money though (Wirtz would be nice too, but probably not switching any time soon).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Torres is still raw but quite good. I don't think he's a Sancho level talent but they could do worse with the Sancho money. If I were them I'd be going for someone like Cherki or Ihattaren with that money though (Wirtz would be nice too, but probably not switching any time soon).

I don’t think Sancho’s leaving.

But I agree with your basic point. Someone young with potential, if Sancho leaves. We don’t need to bring in an established player. We have plenty of wing options between Reus, Hazard and Reyna. Brandt, Guerreiro and Hakimi (if he returns) are also potential winger options.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Now that would be a HORRIBLE signing unless Pogba is leaving.
I mean he’s a good player, but unless he’s okay with being a bench player behind Bruno and Pogba I don’t understand the signing. He just isn’t a good fit for our team with our current players.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nothing to do with the player’s abilities just his fit. A midfield of Bruno-Pogba-DvdB would get shat on defensively. Especially with Maguire/Lindelof.
Maybe...might be worth exploring a diamond then. van de Beek is a very hard working and intelligent midfielder who can play defensively if needed (although I think he's better as more of an attacking 8). He reminds me a lot of almost a Muller like midfielder but he's better on the ball, and obviously less prolific playing in a less advanced position.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Maybe...might be worth exploring a diamond then. van de Beek is a very hard working and intelligent midfielder who can play defensively if needed (although I think he's better as more of an attacking 8). He reminds me a lot of almost a Muller like midfielder but he's better on the ball, and obviously less prolific playing in a less advanced position.
Yeah I agree that he can but it’s definitely not ideal. A Pogba/Bruno/vdB midfield would be very hard working but with none of them being defensive minded and the Maguire/Lindelof pairing being less than ideal at best, a team with a moderately good attack would cut us open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad