Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nice signing by Chelsea there with Werner. What does that mean for Abraham though? Obviously Werner a better striker but Tammy looked promising.

Chelsea does need a better backline though, but looks promising.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nice signing by Chelsea there with Werner. What does that mean for Abraham though? Obviously Werner a better striker but Tammy looked promising.

Chelsea does need a better backline though, but looks promising.
He'll get his minutes. Reports were the strikers that Lampard wanted all had ability to play wide, Werner, Mertens, and Auba. There will be positional and informational flexibility to get Tammy plenty of minutes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Going to City was a mistake for him. Like Howard with Man U back in the day, it just not realistic for him to be a full-time starter at City.

And even if you aren't an Ederson fan, City will just go out and buy another high-end keeper, they won't give it to Steffen.

I’m not sure that’s the case. What if Man City gets a UCL ban and Ederson leaves? I think if he has real interest from good teams, and he obviously does, he’s not going to accept being a back up that never plays. So even if they don’t have a UCL ban, Pep would probably have to give him some game time. I doubt he’d be the starter over Ederson, but if he plays 15 games a season, I don’t think that’s too bad.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’m not sure that’s the case. What if Man City gets a UCL ban and Ederson leaves? I think if he has real interest from good teams, and he obviously does, he’s not going to accept being a back up that never plays. So even if they don’t have a UCL ban, Pep would probably have to give him some game time. I doubt he’d be the starter over Ederson, but if he plays 15 games a season, I don’t think that’s too bad.
I just want him to do what Howard did. Find a club that can compete and where he'll be the every match starter. Get solidified at a club and get stability. Has it ever worked for Americans going to a big club that doesn't have a track record of development. Dortmund is a bigger club, but they have fantastic development and they play youngsters.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is Willian any good still or is he washed?

suddenly I am looking at all the forwards/wingers available on a free. Gotze too.

maybe Aubameyang if Arsenal take something in the 25m range?

who knows

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is Willian any good still or is he washed?

suddenly I am looking at all the forwards/wingers available on a free. Gotze too.

maybe Aubameyang if Arsenal take something in the 25m range?

who knows
He's still solid, nothing special like he always was. I think he wants a 3 year deal though. He could be a solid rotational player.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Pretty sure the rumor was he wanted two years and not one re Willian

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
So much for that young revolution under Lampard :laugh: Everybody knew they were just hiding behind that transferban and now they are buying everything with two legs. Feel sorry for the kids.
?
it's clear the coach no longer favors pedro/barkley/batshuayi and willian contract dispute. who knows what's going on with the hudson odoi case right now as well?

like there need guys to fill up an 18. werner/ziyech allows mount/hudson odoi/giroud to come off the bench in attacking roles.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Like get rid of the problem child that doesn't help in the build up last season and replace them with one of the best young strikers out there? :sarcasm:
For how people view Ronaldo on this board, you'd think you, that Inter poster, and D2M would finally be right for once. ;) Yet you lot still doubting the abilities of The Magnificent Omnipotent which is Mauro Icardi.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
For how people view Ronaldo on this board, you'd think you, that Inter poster, and D2M would finally be right for once. ;) Yet you lot still doubting the abilities of The Magnificent Omnipotent which is Mauro Icardi.
I mean just look at all his trophies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Disappointing as he would have been a good signing, but I guess it’s one of those don’t get excited until they’re leaning on stuff.

that said, Liverpool won’t be the only club who is broke, though I’m sure plenty will cook the books.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
What bother me the most is that LFC have been skint for 5 years now. They have had a positive net spend 3 out of 4 years since Klopp joined. It is also lower than Everton net spend over that same period and they have been in the CL 3 years out of 4 and a half with him... not to mention 2 CL finals.

Something is fundamentally wrong... where is the money going?

The Premier League table based on net spend in the last five years

The good news is that the team is competitive and the core is locked up for a long time and hopefully Klopp can keep them motivated again next year.

I am not too concern about Werner going to Chelsea but I am very concern of LFC when their core players age and are not competitive anymore. How could they remain competitive if they cannot compete financially with the likes of Chelsea, Everton, Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Tottenham.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad