Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You claimed the three best young players in the Bundesliga would be lost to the Premier League. You were trying to bait an argument.

I made a simple point about what United has to do to sign top players, and a string of Premier League fans didn’t like it. I was told that because an unreliable source was reporting that Sancho would transfer to Man United that my opinion was wrong.
Romano is the best in the biz. The other guy isn’t a real source, but when Romano says Sancho is open to United it’s probably true.

Reactions: Aladyyn and Cassano

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Anderlecht will send Marko Pjaca back to Juventus. They had an option to loan him for the upcoming season, but apparantly don't want him anymore.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He already declined playing under Pep in City for 30k a week, don’t see him going back now even tho he is now close friends with Sterling.

He plays pretty much every week, and they'd pay him a lot more money. If anything, he probably knows the situation, and Pep is as good of a manager as he could work with.

The CL thing is the biggest hold up.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
United over someone else?

Eh. I think playing for Pep and City means more than a few extra bucks. But I don't think United would be the first option in his mind unless the goal really is just to cash checks.
Playing for Pep, sure, but who knows how much longer he'll be at City. Playing for City means nothing compared to United though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That’s not what he said. I don’t think anyone suggested that Sancho isn’t open to a move to United.
Romano has previously said that United has been in contact with Sancho’s agent to finalize a contract if a deal were to go through. He’s also said that BVB also wants 100mil and that no bids have been submitted yet. There’s been nothing that says Sancho does or doesn’t want to join United and no one is saying that he absolutely will, but United is seemingly the front runner for him since they are in the best spot financially.

And I don’t think it’s a guarantee we sign him at all, I think the opposite. But to say there’s no chance is also false.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is what I’m talking about. He’s the only one suggesting this. Every other source and all common sense dictates that this is complete nonsense. If he’s going to go with this, I’m not going to buy what he’s saying about Sancho.
The price has most likely gone down because of Covid. Teams won’t have the same buying power as they did before so prices will obviously start to go down.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Bought him for £3m in 2014, he made no appearances for us while we loaned him out every year for loan fees, and sold him 2020 for £13.4m. Not sure it's the best player development model, but it's certainly good business which helps us finance other moves.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Also consider the fact he wasn’t really playing well in most of his loan stints too, he vastly improved since joining Atalanta, crazy thing is he still isn’t even a guarantee for a spot on the bench for Croatia though on form he is playing better than Rakitic

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Bought him for £3m in 2014, he made no appearances for us while we loaned him out every year for loan fees, and sold him 2020 for £13.4m. Not sure it's the best player development model, but it's certainly good business which helps us finance other moves.
Yep, I still don't understand why no more top teams flex their muscle and do something similar. I mean Real Madrid does it a bit and more recently Manchester City too (although they are aiming for very young players in their case).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yep, I still don't understand why no more top teams flex their muscle and do something similar. I mean Real Madrid does it a bit and more recently Manchester City too (although they are aiming for very young players in their case).
They are putting in caps for loans of players 22 and older, essentially targeting this type of practice. I do wonder what the unintended aspects will be though. The loan system is a decent way for the lower revenue clubs to bring in quality talent and negotiate transfer options at the end of the loan when in theory they could have more revenue from club success. Pasalic to Atalanta may not have been a marquee loan at the beginning, but it helped them improve domestically and in Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blender

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
More sources reporting that Dortmund will sign Bellingham. Exciting transfer. Dortmund need midfield talent+depth more than at other positions. Hopefully he will quickly be an improvement over Delaney and Can and take up their minutes.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yea Chelsea have been doing this for years, often with a lot of criticism. Sometimes it's been frustrating because they have refused to play with youth players at the club and instead loan them out until they leave, but they also carry a huge number of players and send tons of players out of loan for often tens of millions a year in revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->