Transfer: 2020 Summer Transfer Window Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ruhr Nachrichten reporting today that there's been no indication so far that Sancho wants to leave. Meanwhile, English reporter Duncan Castles is saying Sancho's already agreed to a contract with Man United.

It's always so interesting to see these varying reports. Both can't be true.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
According to this article he's 196 cm: PSG fighting to retain El Chadaille Bitshiabu following Dortmund & Bayern approaches | Get French Football News

Also:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

di-16KH.gif

Jan-Koller.jpg

6hoemlO42Q8ex8_UIdE5lU_ItweuAztpFCuIo3ET06hoMD2WHT7GsKNtsez_48iNWhbfIKJFgIqOo9EvytjVnaJIUvWd1GUI9yK0Qf7LWeKmzljpVMRKD3eTng

Aside from complete logs, there aren't really any successful players above 6'5/6'6, so providing four pictures, three of logs and one that isn't even visible, doesn't prove my point wrong.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Please inform me who has been better for Leverkusen? Bailey and Diaby? Inconsistent. Their backline/G? Good and probably the other 25%. And that’s about what they have.

You said he's been 75% of why they finished fifth. They have a good squad. Weiser, Tapsoba, Aranguiz, Demirbay, Diaby, Bailey, Bellarabi and Volland are all also very good Bundesliga players in that squad.

Here were the numbers for how often their attackers contributed a G+A:

Havertz: 139.1
Alario: 127.1
Volland: 135.3
Bailey: 141.2
Diaby: 159.5
Paulinho: 89.4

Those are all good numbers, and they have a very deep and balanced attack. It's true that Havertz had the highest total number of Goals+Assists, but he also played by far the most minutes of their attackers and was their PK taker, so he had some free goals.

You could argue he was their best attacker, maybe even best player, but he certainly was not 75% of why they finished where they did. Thats ridiculous.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You said he's been 75% of why they finished fifth. They have a good squad. Weiser, Tapsoba, Aranguiz, Demirbay, Diaby, Bailey, Bellarabi and Volland are all also very good Bundesliga players in that squad.

Here were the numbers for how often their attackers contributed a G+A:

Havertz: 139.1
Alario: 127.1
Volland: 135.3
Bailey: 141.2
Diaby: 159.5
Paulinho: 89.4

Those are all good numbers, and they have a very deep and balanced attack. It's true that Havertz had the highest total number of Goals+Assists, but he also played by far the most minutes of their attackers and was their PK taker, so he had some free goals.

You could argue he was their best attacker, maybe even best player, but he certainly was not 75% of why they finished where they did. Thats ridiculous.
Sorry 57% then. If you truly believe Alario, Volland, Bailey, or Diaby would be putting the same numbers up without Havertz there you are wrong.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When asked about Thiago today Klopp did his typical deflecting. Not sure what to make of it. It wasn't an outright denial though.

“Would you be surprised if I don’t give an answer to that? Just I never answer these kinds of questions,” he explained.
“Thiago Alcantara is a really good player. Like a lot of others out there, I like him a lot.
“But that’s all I have to say about that.”

It also hasn't been shut down in the typical way these transfer rumours are by the top tier Liverpool sources. I'm starting to think this might be real (interest at least, not sure anything actually comes of it).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bayern are also after Melvin Bard, a solid young LB prospect from Lyon that Garcia refuses to play even though the players above him on the depth chart suck (reason why Kalulu chose Milan as well).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Leon Bailey is being scouted by a couple English teams. Anyone of the major BuLi fans have some insight on how he has been this past year? I feel like a lot of the initial buzz around the kid has eased.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea step up £70m Havertz chase... and Rice could be next

Chelsea are set to press ahead with a move for Kai Havertz, after his season with Bayer Leverkusen ended in defeat in the German Cup Final — and Frank Lampard is considering a move for West Ham’s Declan Rice to help improve his defence.

Lampard has identified Havertz as one of his top targets and Chelsea’s pursuit of the 21-year-old has been given a boost after Bayern Munich pulled out of the race to sign him.

Real Madrid have shown an interest in Havertz, but Lampard hopes to strengthen his attacking options further, following the signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner.

Havertz, who is valued at £70million, is expected to leave Leverkusen after they missed out on Champions League qualification. He is nowset for talks with the club over his future, after they lost 4-2 to Bayern in Saturday’s final.

Chelsea are weighing up a move for Rice, after identifying the West Ham youngster as a possible centre-back option, as Lampard bids to shore up his defence.

Rice is a boyhood Chelsea fan and spent seven years in their academy before being released when he was 14. He has predominantly played as a midfielder, but played as a centre-back coming through the ranks at West Ham.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leon Bailey is being scouted by a couple English teams. Anyone of the major BuLi fans have some insight on how he has been this past year? I feel like a lot of the initial buzz around the kid has eased.

He's been good this year. Putrid last year. Great before that. What's the price? If it's low, it's a great bet on a player with a lot of ability. If it's high, it might not be.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He's been good this year. Putrid last year. Great before that. What's the price? If it's low, it's a great bet on a player with a lot of ability. If it's high, it might not be.
I think this is a pretty good description. Could be a good buy low but also a guy that seems destined for a huge overpayment disappointment Di Maria or Alexis to United style.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think this is a pretty good description. Could be a good buy low but also a guy that seems destined for a huge overpayment disappointment Di Maria or Alexis to United style.

He'd probably do well as a complimentary piece at a big club. If he's the record signing for a newly promoted club and he touches the ball once every 10 minutes being expected to create a goal with no help, it's probably not going to work out well.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He'd probably do well as a complimentary piece at a big club. If he's the record signing for a newly promoted club and he touches the ball once every 10 minutes being expected to create a goal with no help, it's probably not going to work out well.
I mean he’s not even the out and out starter at Leverkusen. I think he needs some more time to grow especially his defensive game and then he might be able to become a Coman level player but I think that’s his ceiling.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
When asked about Thiago today Klopp did his typical deflecting. Not sure what to make of it. It wasn't an outright denial though.

It also hasn't been shut down in the typical way these transfer rumours are by the top tier Liverpool sources. I'm starting to think this might be real (interest at least, not sure anything actually comes of it).

You never know with these things. Could very well be Thiago's agent putting pressure on Bayern or Liverpool putting pressure on Wijnaldum.

My only concern with bringing in Thiago is age. Liverpool got a lot of players currently in their prime. Time to add som younger guys that can takeover together with TAA, Gomez and hopefully some of the younger guys that hasn't really proven themselves at that level yet to make the transition as smooth as possible in a couple of years

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Apparently Arsenal and Bayern are trying to entice Kenneth Taylor to leave Ajax citing potential logjam at midfield affecting his chances at playing time with Ajax.

Good strategy. :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

With the way OL is doing business, maybe they can swing a swap for Aouar pls

Yeah, he's probably gone now since it's the third game he hasn't even been put into the squad. I would feel a bit disrespected too by Arteta considering Matteo's actions were not entirely wrong in my mind. I mean I condemn grabbing anybody's throat, but it was heat of the moment and was partial justified for me.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Didn't see a price just that a lot of prem teams are eyeing him. Saw Chelsea and United earlier; and then Liverpool and Everton are also both interested.

Apparently Bailey wants to move to the prem at this point as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad