Transfer: 2020 Summer Transfer Window Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pjanic isn't good. And doesn't he have higher wages?
Pjanic is a great player and one of the best passers in the world. He’d fit in quite well at Barcelona.

Not sure why they’d move Arthur for him though unless there’s something we don’t know.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Two Canadians being two of the best young players in the Bundesliga would be fantastic. Not just for them but for the future of Canadian footy.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pjanic is a great player and one of the best passers in the world. He’d fit in quite well at Barcelona.

Not sure why they’d move Arthur for him though unless there’s something we don’t know.

I’m not suggesting he can’t play anymore, at all, but I don’t think he’d help a club like Barcelona at this point in his career.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I’m not suggesting he can’t play anymore, at all, but I don’t think he’d help a club like Barcelona at this point in his career.
You literally said that Pjanic ‘isn’t good’. He’s still one of the best midfielders in the world and would almost definitely help Barcelona (and is really well suited to Spain) though they have bigger issues than talent in the midfield atm.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

Anyone who knows David better tell me where he plays up front? Because Thuram usually plays on the left side of the attack and Plea on the right. Embolo or Stindl usually play in the kind-of #10 role for Gladbach. I would be curious to know if there's a way in which all three of David, Thuram, and Plea could play, or if a David transfer would be a sign that one of them - probably Plea - is on the way out.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You literally said that Pjanic ‘isn’t good’. He’s still one of the best midfielders in the world and would almost definitely help Barcelona (and is really well suited to Spain) though they have bigger issues than talent in the midfield atm.

Yes, he isn't good for those top clubs. It doesn't mean he can't play for a lesser team, but I don't think a step up to a better club is warranted at this point in his career. He probably should be taking a step down from Juventus.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Evilo, @Savi, can either or both of you provide a detailed report of Meunier? I know the basics and watch him play at least a few times per season, but I don't know the specifics of his game? Which formation does his game fit best? What are his biggest strengths and weaknesses? How has his form been recently?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund seems to have done most of our transfer business already for the summer.

Incoming: Meunier (free), Bellingham (Between 20-25M euros), Can (loan becomes transfer for 25M euros)
Outgoing: Goetze (free), Oelschlaegel (free)

Potential Incoming: Fullback (Hakimi/LB), Striker (back up #9), Winger (if Sancho leaves)
Potential Outgoing: Akanji, Schulz, Schmelzer, Dahoud, Delaney, Sancho, current loan players (Passlack, Toljan, Toprak, Burnic, Gomez, Schurrle, Wolf)

Third keeper for training Oelschlaegel will leave, and his spot will be taken by youngster Unbehaun, who was probably already ahead of him on the depth chart if either was actually needed. Meunier will come in and be the immediate starter at RB/RWB/RCB, depending on the formation. If Hakimi returns, I think he might play on the left side. We don't have anyone reliable there. Guerreiro is a good LWB, but can't play LB effectively. We also have Morey whose shown well on the right side, and Piszczek is still around, so we have plenty of right-sided options. If Hakimi doesn't return, I could definitely see us bringing in another LB. Schmelzer can't play anymore and Schulz has had a terrible first season. We might or might not give up on him after one season, but he can't be relied on.

Akanji is an under the radar candidate to leave. Has a bigger market than he should have, hasn't performed well in over a year, and he doesn't start anymore for us. Can can fill the mobile CB role. He was supposedly brought in more as a CB than CM, and our two best CB's are Hummels and Zags, anyway, so Akanji might be 4th on the depth chart. Piszczek can play CB in a back 3, and Balerdi is an option there, as well, although Favre only uses him at DM. We'll see if there's a new coach who wants to use Balerdi differently, but he's more of a natural CB.

One of Dahoud or Delaney were probably going with Can coming in, and now I think both might leave with Can and Bellingham coming in. I suspect Can is the starting box to box midfielder and Bellingham will be the back up. You don't spend that much on a player to not play for a full season. He'll get his games. And Brandt in a more offensive look for that position is also still an option. I'm not convinced Dortmund brings in a replacement for Sancho, if he leaves because we have plenty of winger options (Reus, Hazard, Reyna, Brandt, Guerreiro, potentially Hakimi), but we also might do so. I'm also not convinced he'll leave.

Goetze leaves on a free. Couldn't agree to wages with the club. Favre ostracized him this season after changing to a formation that Favre claimed he doesn't fit. I don't think its smart to let a coach who might not be back dictate if you keep a key player, but Brandt is able to do a lot of the things Goetze did. Back up CF is something we needed this season, but might not next. Reus is probably the back up #9, but he was injured at the same time as Haaland. You probably need three guys who can play that position. I think Reyna could because of his size, but Favre didn't want to use him there, which didn't make sense to me. With Moukoko being eligible at the end of November though, we might be able to go with only Haaland and Reus for the beginning of the season.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Anyone who knows David better tell me where he plays up front? Because Thuram usually plays on the left side of the attack and Plea on the right. Embolo or Stindl usually play in the kind-of #10 role for Gladbach. I would be curious to know if there's a way in which all three of David, Thuram, and Plea could play, or if a David transfer would be a sign that one of them - probably Plea - is on the way out.
David is very versatile. He can play up top as a quick, mobile striker that likes to find vertical space and involve teammates in the attack. His best attribute seems to be his 'game sense'; he's very smart, he doesn't overthink things and he doesn't dwell on the ball unnecessarily. He's got a great first touch and is a pretty good finisher too. Honestly, I made the comparison before but he reminds me a lot of an Aguero-lite, but probably more versatile in that he can play anywhere across the front, though ideally I think he's best as an SS or maybe a lone striker with offensive outside forwards. He'd probably work well in a strike partnership as well.

Reactions: gary69

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Pjanic isn't good enough to be week in/out for barca trying to win on all fronts. Plus his age should be factor.

I'd agree but this board is a bunch of clowns.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pjanic isn't good enough to be week in/out for barca trying to win on all fronts. Plus his age should be factor.

I'd agree but this board is a bunch of clowns.
I think he is good enough, but I think they still rely too heavily on Messi and not enough on creating a successful team environment, if that makes sense.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think he is good enough, but I think they still rely too heavily on Messi and not enough on creating a successful team environment, if that makes sense.

Barca needs creative midfielders who can spray killer through balls and take pressure of Messi. Pjanic cant even create enough for Juve in the Serie A. Dybala drops back does most of the chances... Barca's problem right now is that they have no vision nor any plans. They buy the big name in the summer windows for the sake of creating hype. No real planning goes into it as long as it creates a buzz they will go for it. What they need to focus on is getting a new team in President, Sporting director, manager, CB,RB,winger, striker and a midfielder. Latest bit of news is medical staff lol. Banter club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->