GDT: 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( General talk )

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I’m loving this. Honestly it’s pretty easy to see what teams came to play. I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Flyers bounced.

Boston, Avs, Isles and VGK look like the most focused teams

I wouldn’t rule out the Canucks. If they make LGK play their game, it could work in their favor. They like to skate up and down the ice. But if VAN runs up against us, they’ll be swimming with sharks.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Piet would be a nice addition to the Avs if Zads, Gravy, or Cole move on, as long as the deal isn't more than 3 years.

I think you would need to replace the "or" with an "and" - all three would have to move on to make cap room and roster space for Piet.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Blues trading for an re-signing Justin Faulk to a six year deal with a cap hit of $6.5M/year.

giphy.gif

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Now Blues fans shall call this playoffs illegitimate. Another group of losing fans join the naysayers!

Happy to see the Blues out, and don't mind this group of Canucks going through at all. Quite a few likeable players, and a lot of young talent -- Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Hughes. As long as their management doesn't mess it up and properly builds around them, they should be one of the challengers in the West for a while.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The Western conference final will feature one team from the Pacific Division and one from the Central division.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Canucks have won at least one playoff series before the Leafs even won a single one lol in their 4 years of trying (two if you think the play-in round counted like me).

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Blues and Caps are the only 2 round-robin teams that lost to play-in teams. Interesting.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
In this year of shit, we’re gonna have two good things, at least.

The Avalanche claiming their third Stanley Cup (no asterisk). And a surprisingly good Taylor Swift album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad