Post-Game Talk: Cr0ssch3cked

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
The only thing wrong with this game is that I fear once they face Carolina it's going to be a very rude awakening in game 1. They'll need to adjust quickly because this is a completely lopsided mismatch, the Caps don't belong in the playoffs. The goal differential thing is 100% a factor, they are atrocious. I realize they have some injuries but their fans should be ashamed, Ovechkin is embarrassing himself out there floating all over the ice.

Rangers played a very mature game. They could've tried to run it up in the 3rd but they 1-3-1'd it up and flipped pucks out without hesitation. Great coaching, their opponent has basically zero offensive threats. Would not want to be doing that against Carolina though.

And now we wait for the Caps to completely goon it up in Game 4..
Could also be said that the Canes are in for a rude awakening. We’re not the Isles.

Lavy will adjust the plan for the next opponent.

Also funny how people here keep calling the Caps goons and worry about them hurting guys when we’re getting all the penalties and sending their guys to the lockerroom. This isn’t past Rangers teams.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Wennberg isn't himself right now. They said he needed a maintenance day yesterday, and today he was struggling with even the simple plays.

I like Wennberg in general but that's where I'd slot Chytil for now.
I dont think chytil comes comes back and is tossed in to be a center again after months off. he is going to struggle and as unfortunate as it is to say he is a liability to get hurt more so than anyone else on the team in this run based on the recent head injuries. if you bring him back and slot him at center and he goes down in the first period you are playing catchup the whole time, and honestly I have no idea where his game will be.

Your comments about wennberg are spot on though, and the highlight why it is so important to close these series out fast to get guys rest and healing time, but it also means less games and less chances for more injuries in general.

Reactions: Sockosensei

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
At this point the officials are taking away Rempes career. I love that Lavi keeps sending him out there. He's basically saying f*** you for calling him on these clean plays. We'll kill all of them.

Good game. Tough win. Keep it up.

Rempe glides, it's interference. If he takes even an additional quarter of a stride, it's charging.

From here on out the Rangers should just offer the opposing teams help from our medical staff or send them some body bags before each series :sarcasm:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Rempe glides, it's interference. If he takes even an additional quarter of a stride, it's charging.

From here on out the Rangers should just offer the opposing teams help from our medical staff or send them some body bags before each series :sarcasm:
Yes. It's becoming increasingly clear that the league doesn't want big clean hits anymore either. Because, god forbid, someone might get injured playing a contact sport.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Overall very good W. Came out really strong and clearly wanted to take the 3-0 lead. Then delivered. Really nice to see.

Obviously outstanding work by the PK.

NYR winning the physical war in a series is a welcome change.

Officiating in this series continues to be an absolute clown show. Rempe and Cullye calls were flat out ridiculous.

I will say I am a bit disappointed in the overall offensive output. Really didn’t generate much that game and haven’t for a lot of this series. Not THAT surprising given how the Caps were expected to play and defend but it’s a concern going forward.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
No idea if this has been posted already

But Biz stays on his crusade. Guessing he doesn't like not being the center of attention enforcer he thought he was. Rempe stole that from him in 20 career games. Rough life for Biz.

And to the people complaining about the series or Panarin: It's 3-0. This is how the Caps HAVE to play to have any hope of being close enough to fluke their way into a single win. We knew that coming into the series. This isn't surprising, shocking, alarming, or concerning. This is the Rangers saying "we know you can't beat us, so we will sit on you for 60 minutes, win by 2-3 goals, and send you home quickly."

Teams that play this way typically don't get blown out, but typically don't make it very far in the playoffs. That's exactly what we are seeing.

Reactions: FUZfan

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
No idea if this has been posted already

I just warmed up to that dirtbag a little. I have much less problem with guys who play on the edge when they don’t cry when on the receiving end.
Caps board when they saw that video

giphy.gif

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
I will love Drury;s reign with the Trochek selection alone. Moving to NC and watching him play I knew he is a guy who gives 110% and is skilled. What a pick up, maybe second to Panarin but at much less cost. I think this team has always played a style that matches who they play (I know sounds clique), but I would watch this the rest of my life compared to a 5 year rebuild out of the POs. LFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad