GDT: 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( General talk )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Yeah, it was goaltending and mainly defensive hockey which is not sustainable. Can't keep winning like that, eventually you'll get outtalented and outgoalied. Binnington just as I thought he would be, was a one year wonder

I mean, I get it, and I’m not trying to take anything away from them, but part of me is still amazed Binnginton held together for that entire run.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I gotta give credit to the Canucks. The Blues played the old man game and tried to say, “thanks kids, this belongs to us and now we’ll take it back.” But VAN has stepped up. Gotta give them credit.

Vancouver’s depth players have also stepped it up in the scoring department the last 2 games. Games 1-4 was predominately the Horvat, Pettersson, & Miller goal show.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean, I get it, and I’m not trying to take anything away from them, but part of me is still amazed Binnginton held together for that entire run.
Yeah, coaching change, Binnington out of no where and grinding out teams worked for the Blues for a year. But in a long run, some team like the Canucks with more talent and better goalie will beat you. Teams that mainly rely on goalie and defense will eventually break down. That's why I don't think Isles are gonna get through the next round. They gonna face a more talented team, and dont think Varly and their D is gonna hold up

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Wow I'm floored. I totally didn't expect the Canucks to pull this off. I really thought the momentum was on the Blues end going into the Game 5 and on.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I guess this makes the Pietrangelo situation more interesting. Don't think they'll resign him even more so now than if the Blues would have made another long run

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Why does the main board hate Binnigton so much? He probably shouldn't have started tonight but jeeeeze he is getting roasted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad