Red Sox/MLB 2020 Spring Training IX - Red Sox say Chris Sale has a flexor strain, will be reassessed in a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pretty sure they’d still be over if they didn’t have Sale on the books for 30 and had Betts on the books for his arb number of 26. Because I would also imagine Price would still be here

Betts still seems fully intent on hitting free agency. I feel like he will do so and eventually re-up with the Dodgers for the biggest offer

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
More than Sale though. Bad contract for Eovaldi too. I just don't think they did enough planning for the Betts situation.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
A big market team shouldn't be trading a superstar for fear of losing them in free agency unless you get back an absurd package in return. I don't think that happened here. Unless they do end up making a run at him in free agency...

Reactions: Fenian24

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Key words in this tweet? At this point. Which to me means that he needs it but since they blew the f***ing window last year, they're going to try to get him to limp through some of this season before getting it done in Augsust/September. f***ing clownshoes over there.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Or you just don’t get tommy john unless you 100% have to. Which means they think he could heal like Tanaka

Go follow the career of our own former top prospect Anderson Espinoza to see why you don’t get the surgery unless you 100% have to. Ppl act like it’s a simple fix. It’s not. You’re sometimes not able to make it back. Sometimes injuries keep compounding on themselves like they’ve done with Espinoza. Sometimes you lose all your command and control. Sometimes you lose the sharpness on your breaking stuff.

If you’re getting multiple recommendations from the foremost expert surgeons on the planet and they don’t deem it necessary yet then you don’t get it. It’s as simple as that.

the idea that people think they would punt on next season to try and get 15 starts out of an injured Sale this year is hilarious. The people that think Sale would willingly do that are also hilarious.

Also we don’t know what in his elbow is the particular problem- it may not even be an ulnar ligament injury. It could be a flexor strain for all we know. It could be a stress fracture. Hell it could be dead arm this time of year. Nobody here knows

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If 2 of 3 Drs are saying TJ, from a fan's perspective I want him to have it done. From his perspective I don't believe he's ever needed surgery, correct? So I can understand him being hesitant. I am fully on board with him having it done now as that may help in the coming years.

Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It would be great if Sale could simply heal on his own but I just don't see it. The body type, the delivery. People always said he was a ticking time bomb in that regard.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Or you just don’t get tommy john unless you 100% have to. Which means they think he could heal like Tanaka

Go follow the career of our own former top prospect Anderson Espinoza to see why you don’t get the surgery unless you 100% have to. Ppl act like it’s a simple fix. It’s not. You’re sometimes not able to make it back. Sometimes injuries keep compounding on themselves like they’ve done with Espinoza. Sometimes you lose all your command and control. Sometimes you lose the sharpness on your breaking stuff.

If you’re getting multiple recommendations from the foremost expert surgeons on the planet and they don’t deem it necessary yet then you don’t get it. It’s as simple as that.

the idea that people think they would punt on next season to try and get 15 starts out of an injured Sale this year is hilarious. The people that think Sale would willingly do that are also hilarious.

Also we don’t know what in his elbow is the particular problem- it may not even be an ulnar ligament injury. It could be a flexor strain for all we know. It could be a stress fracture. Hell it could be dead arm this time of year. Nobody here knows

I'd be willing to bet nearly anything that he ends up getting the surgery before next year. This is the team playing games again, just trying to get something out of him before he eventually gets his arm fixed. Just like they did with Lackey. Just like they did with Schilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad