Boston Bruins 2020 PLAYOFFS - THE BEAR invades the Toronto bubble

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I was looking at the most difficult opponents for 1st place teams and in the 2014-2019 Wild Card era, the Pens and Canadiens are really the only outliers that we could have faced (can't face the Canadiens any more):

Year1st Place TeamFirst Playoff OpponentPoints Percentage of Opponent
2020BruinsPenguins0.623
2019LightningBlue Jackets0.598
2015RangersPenguins0.598
2020BruinsHurricanes0.596
2020BruinsIslanders0.588
2016CapitalsFlyers0.585
2020BruinsBlue Jackets0.579
2020BruinsMaple Leafs0.579
2018PredatorsAvalanche0.579
2017CapitalsMaple Leafs0.579
2014BruinsRed Wings0.567
2020BruinsPanthers0.565
2020BruinsRangers0.564
2020BruinsCanadiens0.500
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Obviously not happy with the way we’re playing but honestly it doesn’t matter until the actual series starts, there is no home ice advantage this year so I’m not getting upset over nothing and if we finish forth you could argue it’s an easy road to the cup coz of the teams you face.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Do you think those stars (1st line + Krejci) are ready to play playoff hockey? Because I don't. I don't think they're close. I think they need every available game rep, especially Krejci with Kase.

It's tricky. I'd be very tempted to rest Bergy particularly but he hasn't looked any better than the other top guys. They desperately need game time but you don't want to see any pointless injuries either.

At minimum I agree Krejci and Kase definitely need to play together, so do Pasta and Marchand. If Bergeron were to sit perhaps you throw Studnicka in as 1C so the other lines aren't compromised. Bit out there I know, but it would be a great test for him and may force his wingers to up their defensive game, which has been pretty poor so far.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Anyone who hasn't played needs to be inserted last game of meaningless round. To protect key vets, prepare/rest for long playoff run, and to confirm if anyone surprises.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins in good spot if healthy

I know If I was playing that Goodrow dirty hit would have me white hot focused and determined

Last edited:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The only team I wanted to avoid in round 1 was Pittsburgh. So if Montreal can beat them, that's great. Getting up to 3rd to face the Islanders would be perfect.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Easily confused - is there any chance the bruins play the leafs first round?

Yes, if Bruins finish 3rd in the qualifier and Toronto has the 2nd best remaining regular season point percentage.

Bruins can finish 3rd or 4th in the qualifier. Toronto can be the 2nd best team if both Florida and Montreal make the first round.

I don't think so, I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.....lol

There you go :thumbu:

So we get Pittsburgh or Carolina ??

Assuming the Penguins win against Montreal, yes. If they lose, it's likely between Islanders and Carolina.

There's still the unlikely possibility of facing either Toronto or Columbus.

Reactions: pgm16 and Blowfish

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Regroup Sunday and play like they did for most of yesterday's game where they were controlling play.

I also apologize for my overly negative posts- long story short, it's a weird coping mechanism for someone that suffers from severe anxiety. The Bruins losing puts me in a really bad funk and I try to normalize it in a ridiculous manner. No excuse. I will refrain from posting nonsense.

Reactions: Ladyfan and sooshii

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have to admit I’m actually into these playoffs other than the Bruins and seeding games as crazy as sounds (I know when starts I will be into it)

The bad blood in the West is phenomenal

Will the Leafs lay an egg tonight ? (I think they lose) and can Montreal do the unthinkable and knock out the high powered Pens and freak out a Province who know a chance at Lafreniere would be gone

Canadiens are a pain in the ass and some of there young centers like Suzuki and Danault are going to be very good

outstanding entertainment all over

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's crazy that Pitt or Edm could get the first draft pick.

Seems about right for the NHL.
That aside going to must watch the 10th if any of Pittsburgh Toronto Nashville Winnipeg or Edmonton are Sitting there - even Rangers

aguineapig

Regroup Sunday and play like they did for most of yesterday's game where they were controlling play.

I also apologize for my overly negative posts- long story short, it's a weird coping mechanism for someone that suffers from severe anxiety. The Bruins losing puts me in a really bad funk and I try to normalize it in a ridiculous manner. No excuse. I will refrain from posting nonsense.

No need to apologize my friend. I spent the 60's and 70's in a Montreal induced manic depression. Followed by 80's Islander's anxiety. Thought we finally had the Habs only to be short changed by Steve Penney. Drilled by the Oil and Petr Klima. Scott Walker, Joel Ward, Timmy Taylor's toe. They all put me in a really bad funk. And that's no nonsense.

Reactions: sooshii

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
FYI:

Ways Bruins can get the 3 seed:

- WSH loses to PHI in regulation, BOS beats WSH in any fashion
- WSH loses to PHI in OT/SO, BOS beats WSH in regulation
- PHI loses in regulation to WSH and TBL, BOS beats WSH in any fashion

Any other combo and Bruins get the 4 seed.

Playoff opponents if 4 seed:

- PIT if PIT beats MTL
- CAR if MTL beats PIT

Playoff opponents if 3 seed:

- CAR if PIT beats MTL
- NYI if: MTL beats PIT, NYI beats FLA
- TOR if: MTL beats PIT, FLA beats NYI, TOR beats CLB
- CLB if: MTL beats PIT, FLA beats NYI, CLB beats TOR

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Definitely getting ahead of myself here, but the Hurricanes (while playing really well) may be quite a favorable match-up for the Bruins.

Including last year's sweep in the Eastern Conference Final (on the heels of Carolina sweeping their previous opponent and having to wait for the Bruins - sound familiar?) the Bruins are 10-1-0 in their last 11 games against the Hurricanes. The Bruins have also won 6 straight vs Carolina while scoring 3.83 goals per game and only allowing 1.33 goals against per game.

Just some food for thought.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Definitely getting ahead of myself here, but the Hurricanes (while playing really well) may be quite a favorable match-up for the Bruins.

Including last year's sweep in the Eastern Conference Final (on the heels of Carolina sweeping their previous opponent and having to wait for the Bruins - sound familiar?) the Bruins are 10-1-0 in their last 11 games against the Hurricanes. The Bruins have also won 6 straight vs Carolina while scoring 3.83 goals per game and only allowing 1.33 goals against per game.

Just some food for thought.

I think many series are decided by the goaltending matchup, and neither of Carolina's worry me.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I think many series are decided by the goaltending matchup, and neither of Carolina's worry me.

Mrazek played really well but is far away from Rask. Canes look good but I think we do aswell, in 1 week.

Reactions: HustleB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad