Boston Bruins 2020 PLAYOFFS - THE BEAR invades the Toronto bubble

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
SWQ2008 iAero Airways Flight Tracking and History 26-Jul-2020 (KBED-CYYZ) - FlightAware

EcmrKytXoAEjVxJ

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Another question that doesn’t really matter. Are points in the Qualifiers and Riund Robin considered playoff points for the players?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Another question that doesn’t really matter. Are points in the Qualifiers and Riund Robin considered playoff points for the players?

This isn’t the most recent link, but it seems like they all count as playoff games.

From the Dept. of "Is The Qualification Round a Playoff Round?": The NHL tells ESPN that stats from the play-in and round-robin games ARE PLAYOFF STATS, and will be tabulated as such. This comes after the league officially named stats-based regular-season award winners today: David Pastrnak and Alex Ovechkin shared the Rocket Richard (goals); Tuukka Rask and Jaroslav Halak won the Jennings Trophy (goals against); and Leon Draisaitl won his first career Art Ross Trophy (points).

As far as mattering, it does - some contracts have bonuses that distinguish between regular season and playoff games.

Also, for bonuses, there are two paths. You can pro-rate the any statistic by your team’s GP/82 - if you got a bonus for playing 72 games, but you only played 69, and your team played 70, you can pro-rate the 72 game threshold by 70/82. That would bring the threshold down to 62, and you would make your bonus. But doing this requires the said bonus to be pro-rated, too - so a $100,000 bonus is now about $85,300.

The second path is simpler. If you don’t need the pro-ration, you get the full bonus.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
senyshyn gets the experience, they like him as a prospect. makes sense to cut loose carey
who is a AAAA type. surprised they dumped blidh since he was on the team prior to the
pause, but as a pro senyshyn guy, i'm glad he's a part of this.

Yeah I like seeing the best of the youngsters there - Stud, Seny, Fred, Vaak, Zboril, Vladar. This'll be a great experience for them. Apart from Studnicka, who's a certainty, perhaps some of the others never make it at the top level, or at least not in Boston, but you need to nurture your future as a team and give the prospects every opportunity and this is a good way of doing that.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Just looking through the photos of the team boarding the bus+plane on the Bruins site, it seems Nick Ritchie flew out with the team. Can't tell if Pastrnak or Kase were there. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If both flew out, they almost surely would have mentioned it, since it's on everyone's list of worries. Any time Bruins.com has the ability to push out a positive story ("Pastrnak and Kase cleared to fly to Toronto with team", with picture of Pastrnak in a god awful suit), they will.

Now, is "Pasta goes, Kase stays" good enough to push? I mean, I guess it would be, but maybe they sit on it until Monday's media availability.

Here's an interesting rundown on what they're bringing:

By the Numbers: Bubble Bound

I read a headline that said "450 sticks", and I thought that didn't seem like much - 15 sticks per player. With up to 32 games, that means a stick theoretically would have to last 2 games, including practices. But the article itself says they plan to put in an order for more once they get deeper in.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
If both flew out, they almost surely would have mentioned it, since it's on everyone's list of worries. Any time Bruins.com has the ability to push out a positive story ("Pastrnak and Kase cleared to fly to Toronto with team", with picture of Pastrnak in a god awful suit), they will.

Now, is "Pasta goes, Kase stays" good enough to push? I mean, I guess it would be, but maybe they sit on it until Monday's media availability.

Here's an interesting rundown on what they're bringing:

By the Numbers: Bubble Bound

I read a headline that said "450 sticks", and I thought that didn't seem like much - 15 sticks per player. With up to 32 games, that means a stick theoretically would have to last 2 games, including practices. But the article itself says they plan to put in an order for more once they get deeper in.
Yeah, if Pastrnak was there, I would've expected to see some photos. We shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad