Boston Bruins 2020 PLAYOFFS - THE BEAR invades the Toronto bubble

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I bet the bubble is weird of late. You have 8 teams in one hotel (I think that’s right). And presto four leave. In 10 days or so another two leave. Leaving just two who, for obvious reasons, probably won’t interact much. Soon it’s got to feel a bit like The Shining.

Also, where are finals? One team will have to pick up and relocate, while the other stays “home” —- where they have been for weeks.

“Hey, where is the ice machine?”

“I know. But I’m not going to tell you.”

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I bet the bubble is weird of late. You have 8 teams in one hotel (I think that’s right). And presto four leave. In 10 days or so another two leave. Leaving just two who, for obvious reasons, probably won’t interact much. Soon it’s got to feel a bit like The Shining.

Also, where are finals? One team will have to pick up and relocate, while the other stays “home” —- where they have been for weeks.

Both Conference Finals and the Cup Final will be held entirely in Edmonton.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
f*** the habs
BBqnNRa.gif

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

They are all going to Edmonton after the next round

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They are all going to Edmonton after the next round

It's interesting to see all the little decisions the NHL has made correctly. I know a lot of folks don't like that we're the fourth seed with the Presidents Trophy - but it was a good way to get practice in with real hockey that had some stakes but not ALL stakes.

And with this - moving the tourney at the ECF stage instead of the SCF stage - is actually quite smart. The ECF teams will have travel lag - but it's the same travel lag. (Or similar. Perhaps one team gets there one day early.) Since they play each other, they're playing on the same metaphorical ice.

I would have just assumed that each site would play down to one team - and then one of the two remaining teams travels. But then you have a SCF where it's not quite equal. It's easy enough for the NHL to charter one more plane to take two teams instead of one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad