Boston Bruins 2020 PLAYOFFS - THE BEAR invades the Toronto bubble

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Definitely getting ahead of myself here, but the Hurricanes (while playing really well) may be quite a favorable match-up for the Bruins.

Including last year's sweep in the Eastern Conference Final (on the heels of Carolina sweeping their previous opponent and having to wait for the Bruins - sound familiar?) the Bruins are 10-1-0 in their last 11 games against the Hurricanes. The Bruins have also won 6 straight vs Carolina while scoring 3.83 goals per game and only allowing 1.33 goals against per game.

Just some food for thought.
Not so sure about that. While we did sweep them last year I think it would be pretty accurate to say Tuukka Rask was 90% for that. Their young players are another year older and will play even harder. Not saying we can't beat them but it will be a tough challenge certainly tougher than last year

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not so sure about that. While we did sweep them last year I think it would be pretty accurate to say Tuukka Rask was 90% for that. Their young players are another year older and will play even harder. Not saying we can't beat them but it will be a tough challenge certainly tougher than last year

Carolina for sure would be a lot more difficult opponent this time.

Svec is a true 1st line player instead of a rookie, added more quality on defense, Aho has more experience now and they are fresh.

That defense is insanely deep and with Aho/Svec/TT there’s star power on offense as well.

As mentioned previously goaltending is their weakness.

Top4 team in the East

Reactions: Maine Fan

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
is it just me or does anyone else get really pissed off when they see Brock boeser Mathew barzal Kyle Connor Sebastian Aho etc etc keep scoring goals? Asking for a friend.

I don't have time, always watching Pastrnak score goals, sorry.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If every forward is available I'd like to see:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase
Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner

Reactions: NDiesel

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Possibility the Penguins, Leafs, and Rangers all have shot at Lafreniere

37.5% combined

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
If every forward is available I'd like to see:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase
Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner

I would go
Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Kase/Studnicka
Ritchie Coyle Studnicka/Kase
Nordstrom Kuraly Wagner

I honestly do not see Bjork being capable of doing anything positive for this team. I hope he can prove me wrong but he has been bad for most of the season now.

Last edited:

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Carolina for sure would be a lot more difficult opponent this time.

Svec is a true 1st line player instead of a rookie, added more quality on defense, Aho has more experience now and they are fresh.

That defense is insanely deep and with Aho/Svec/TT there’s star power on offense as well.

As mentioned previously goaltending is their weakness.

Top4 team in the East

There is zero easy opponent first rd for a team that hasn't found their A game . Carolina Nyi Columbus or toronto . Not one would be quick and we will be very lucky if we survive any of them . I will say the same for philly and wash as well . I wouldn"t even call montreal easy but they are a picnic compared to any of the other teams .

Reactions: lopey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How does Lafreniere compare to other recent first OA picks in terms of skill/ceiling/etc?
He’s a winger where it’s tougher to dominate although Howe, Richard, the Hulls, Bossy, Bossy, Ovechkin, Jagr and Boston healthy Neely did fine.

To me he’s going to be the Calgary version of Iginla

I have talked to one of the scout/publication guys and I think he still leaned Hughes but he had to think about it

Reactions: UConn126

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I would go
Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Kase/Studnicka
Ritchie Coyle Studnicka/Kase
Nordstrom Kuraly Wagner

I honestly do not see Bjork being capable of doing anything positive for this team. I hope he can prove me wrong but he has been bad for most of the season now.
Bjork might be our best player so far, I think we may be watching different games my friend

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
Studnicka - Krejci - Kase
Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner

Nordstrom
Frederic

OR

Marchand - Bergeron - Kase
Studnicka - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork