Speculation: 2020 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
They player that they'll take at 5 won't be expensive.

His second contract might.

Also, Minnesota has had (1) 3rd overall, (1) 4th overall, (1) 6th overall, (1) 7th overall, (1) 8th overall and (2) 9th overall picks. They have never had the 1st or 2nd or 5th. The 9th overall picks could have gone a smidge better. Sheppard and Granlund.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I’m comfortable at 9, personally. I’d rather have the extra 1st. I’m not super sold that whomever goes at 5 is better than the guy at 9. 5 would garaunteed is Rossi, though.
If the Wild have identified a guy that they love, then they should be willing to pay the price to get him. I personally don't see the separation from anyone 4-9 to make me want to do it.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If the Wild have identified a guy that they love, then they should be willing to pay the price to get him. I personally don't see the separation from anyone 4-9 to make me want to do it.
I agree, but like you said it’s hard to tell whose 4 and whose 9 this year in this draft

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Kakko, Panarin, Lafreniere, Zibanejad. I’m so sick of this leagueeeeeee. Why can’t we have anything nice for once.

Reactions: Shoresy

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dumba and Nylander. Our need from their surplus, their need from our surplus. They save $900k which we can easily absorb. Doesn't need to be any more complicated than this.

Reactions: AKL

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Dumba and Nylander. Our need from their surplus, their need from our surplus. They save $900k which we can easily absorb. Doesn't need to be any more complicated than this.
I really don’t think Toronto would do it. It always amazes me how leafs fans overreact and start cutting the costs of their players left and right. Before the series at one point there fan base said it would be dumba + our 1st. As the year went on, in in these playoffs, I think Dumba’s value just continued to drop.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I really don’t think Toronto would do it. It always amazes me how leafs fans overreact and start cutting the costs of their players left and right. Before the series at one point there fan base said it would be dumba + our 1st. As the year went on, in in these playoffs, I think Dumba’s value just continued to drop.

We can attach Donato then. Dubas is an analytics guy; show him the G/60 and it'll be a done deal.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
We can attach Donato then. Dubas is an analytics guy; show him the G/60 and it'll be a done deal.
Good call. Nylander would be at the top of my list of players to acquire, honestly. I’m not concerned about him as a center. I don’t think he’s ever going to be a great 2-way center but I think he’s more than capable of doing the job. I’d probably more than Donato to get it done, quite honestly.

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida
Here’s a thought. Dumba + 9th for Ottawa’s 3rd. I don’t care the price. We’re losing a d man no matter what with the expansion draft. This is our opportunity to be aggressive and get a 1C. I want Stutzle, and if he goes second I’ll take Byfield. There’s your #1 center solution and I don’t see why Ottawa would be mad. They’re gonna get a stud at #5 and #9 to go with newly acquired Dumba.

Fiala - Stutzle - Kaprizov
Donato - Staal - Zuccarello
Parise - Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman
Greenway

Guerin said today that he wants speed, skill and a #1 center. This move for Stutzle checks those boxes.

Reactions: CROCODILE SEATS

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Marner isn't a center. He's also paid too much for too short. Dumba for Nylander is acceptable. Can't afford to trade futures for him. We need all the cheap talent we can get now.

Draft Rossi or Lundell if they fall, Raymond or Holtz if they don't.

Pray to god Fiala keeps developing and Kaprizov can be as good as we hope.

And after all that, it's probably still not going to matter. We'll be among the common rabble year after year.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Here’s a thought. Dumba + 9th for Ottawa’s 3rd. I don’t care the price. We’re losing a d man no matter what with the expansion draft. This is our opportunity to be aggressive and get a 1C. I want Stutzle, and if he goes second I’ll take Byfield. There’s your #1 center solution and I don’t see why Ottawa would be mad. They’re gonna get a stud at #5 and #9 to go with newly acquired Dumba.

Fiala - Stutzle - Kaprizov
Donato - Staal - Zuccarello
Parise - Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman
Greenway

Guerin said today that he wants speed, skill and a #1 center. This move for Stutzle checks those boxes.
Interesting idea, but Ottawa needs a guy like Stutzle just as badly as the Wild do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad