Soucy - Pateryn
Hunt

Dubnyk
Stalock
Kahkonen

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I wouldn't mind giving Koivu an extension (a cheaper one). I'm not expecting to find a better option for C this offseason.

Also, is there any chance we buy out Dubnyk?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wouldn't mind giving Koivu an extension (a cheaper one). I'm not expecting to find a better option for C this offseason.

Hope so. Opens up another $1.6M this offseason and only costs ~$800k dead money the year after.

Reactions: Lapa

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I'd be fine with Koivu for another year on a deal.

Also, please move on from Dubs... he's donzo

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
But out Dubnyk
Let Koivu and Galchenyuk walk
Sturm takes the 4C
Re-sign Kunin
Trade Greenway's rights for a prospect or pick or both
Re-sign Soucy
Trade Dumba for the best center you can get

Donato-Staal-Fiala
Kaprizov-???-Zuccarello
Parise-Ek-Kunin
Foligno-Sturm-Hartman
Rask

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Menell
Soucy-Belpedio

Kahkonen
Stalock

If they win Lafreniere and actually take him, as opposed to Byfield or Stutzle, then you look at moving Donato as well to make room for Lafreniere next year.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Dubnyk buyout is a no-brainer.
Rask at two more years hurts. I think you keep him unless they plan on needing the cap space this offseason in a big trade.
Trade Greenway.

Barring a big trade for a center, it feels like it could be a pretty uneventful summer.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Greenway has been a little disappointing so far. He's still young, but I'd explore trading him. Maybe a change of scenery type of deal with a similar prospect?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Greenway has been a little disappointing so far. He's still young, but I'd explore trading him. Maybe a change of scenery type of deal with a similar prospect?

I would look at something around Strome (either one) or call Carolina about Rees or Suzuki. See if you can get any of those teams to bite. Flip him to a team that doesn't necessarily need all its center prospects. Carolina, LA, Ottawa.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Buy out Dubnyk
Trade Dumba to Philly for Frost and a 1st. As much as I love Dumba as a human being I am starting to get afraid that he might never be the same post-injury.
I want Greenway to be Tom Wilson so bad but trade him to Carolina for either Suzuki/Rees, add ons either way to make it even
Draft Lundell
Re-sign Kunin and Soucy

Donato-Staal-Fiala
Kaprizov-Ek-Zucc
Parise-Frost-Kunin
Foligno-Sturm-Hartman

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Belpedio
Soucy-Menell

Kahkonen
Stalock

At the end of the season you will have center prospects such as Khovanov, Lundell, Suzuki/Rees, and Boldy coming into stride and potentially one or two ready to make the NHL roster.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Do we really have a need to buyout Dubnyk and take on dead cap?

It's only $800k. But if we could trade him and retain down to ~$2.667M it would accomplish the same thing without the dead money the next year. That would obviously be better but I don't know who would be in the market for his services.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
It's only $800k. But if we could trade him and retain down to ~$2.667M it would accomplish the same thing without the dead money the next year. That would obviously be better but I don't know who would be in the market for his services.

I get that it's only $800K, but I don't know if we need the $1.6M for next season. If BG has a plan to use it and spend up to the cap, I'm all for it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I get that it's only $800K, but I don't know if we need the $1.6M for next season. If BG has a plan to use it and spend up to the cap, I'm all for it.
They need the actual roster spot much more than they need Dubnyk or the cap space

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Something around Greenway for Ryan Strome. Sign Strome to something like 5-6 x $5-$6M to play between Kaprizov and Zuccarello.

Pateryn for a mid-round pick. Menell and Addison battle for his spot

Buy out Dubnyk.

2 x $2.5 for Kunin
3 x $2.333 for Soucy

Donato - Staal - Fiala
Kaprizov - R. Strome - Zuccarello
Parise - Eriksson Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman
Rask

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Soucy - Menell/Addison
Hunt

Kahkonen
Stalock

~$5.8M remaining to upgrade Donato's spot or Stalock's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->