2020 Off Season Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Haula has fallen way, way off what he was in Vegas. Would be like my 4th or 5th choice for a third line spot.
He's fine as a 3W, and he can take shifts at C. I'd be more than happy with that. I think there is something else going on with him though. He is getting kicked around alot for a guy with that many tools, and I'm not sure usage and on-ice really accounts for it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Flames sure could use a D after losing Brodie.
And OEL’s BFF Markstrom is there. And Markstrom is there because his BFF Lindholm is there. So much potential for a 3 Amigös situation there.

Hmmm...

OEL for Gaudreau and then Schmaltz for Ristolainen. Do it!!!

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I was thinking more like OEL for Hanifin and a 1st. Maybe throw in Oesterle so they gain a D.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Kind of hilarious that the new guy came in pounding the table and screaming at everyone at the press conference. The the draft and free agency cruise by and not a peep. Lol.

I under his hands have been tied and he didn’t make this mess and I’m not insulting him. So calm down every who’s about to attack me. Just admit that it’s kinda funny.

He was in a huge hurry to wait around is all. It’s kinda funny. Admit it.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
This was never going to be the off-season of huge moves. This will undoubtedly be an awkward and unpleasant season of transition and culture change, kind of like the 2016-17 season (which was my least favorite season aside from 14-15)

BA needs to keep the team at least semi-competitive since there is no 1st rounder, you dont so that by blowing everything up. The big changes will come next summer with hopefully a new coach in tow

Reactions: Canis Latrans

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I’m not trippin on Armstrong. We saw what an overly aggressive GM can do. Panic moves everywhere. He held strong on OEL, didn’t take part in the draft, and has added some cheap physical options in Free Agency. That’s completely acceptable. He could be itching for his first player trade here soon, and he’s made excellent hires so far. He’s only a few weeks in and was handed a tough position in a tough time.

lets give it a year.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Looking at the FA pool there wasn't much I expected us to do. I thought we'd go after Clifford. Still might. Pitlick is a similar player.

I think we add one more Clifford type, and a C. Possibly take a chance on someone cheap. Maybe Kahun, Anthasiou, Duclair etc if the price it's a bargain.

For C's there's Soderberg, Haula, Larsson, Richardson. If we don't get one of the first three I think Richardson is back.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Still got 3goalies on 1-ways and 9Ds (counting Soderstrom) and need a couple of forwards. I guess we're waiting for free-agency to clear.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Still got 3goalies on 1-ways and 9Ds (counting Soderstrom) and need a couple of forwards. I guess we're waiting for free-agency to clear.

There's talk of expanded rosters this year. I assume they will need to give teams some small amount of cap space or some sort of exemption criteria (probably NHL GP) if that's the case.

I think they are parking Soderstrom in Sweden for the year.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Does anyone think the NHL will start next season without fans in the stands? Does anyone think fans will be permitted by Jan 1st? Does anyone think the Border will be open by Jan 1st? When will the season start?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Devils sign Crawford, 2 years, 7.8 mil, so cross them off list of Raanta destinations

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I would think the best options for Raanta now are Buffalo and Carolina. Maybe Detroit.

Buffalo better get their shit together. They easily have the worst goaltending in their division. And you can bet the Eichel rumors will get real at the trade deadline if they don't have a realistic shot at playoffs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Does anyone think the NHL will start next season without fans in the stands? Does anyone think fans will be permitted by Jan 1st? Does anyone think the Border will be open by Jan 1st? When will the season start?
Everything will be open. There has to be fans in the stands, no if and's or butt's.;)

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I still wished they would have found a way to keep Hall. Even if it meant signing and trading him at some point so we could recoup some of our losses. Letting him walk a few months after paying a king's ransom to acquire him just seems like poor asset management from a smart GM

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I would be extremely surprised if the border is open or if fans are allowed in the stands in any more than a greatly reduced number by January 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad