2020 Off Season Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Any targets in the remaining UFA left?

Koekkoek didn't put it together in time in Tampa but he was a good player for Chicago last season. He plays both sides and is a budding PKer. I really like him.

Whatever they are holding out for in a Raanta trade isn't worth it. They need the cap space.

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Any targets in the remaining UFA left?
There are lots of interesting guys to me that I might take a flier on for the right price. But we're sort of in the bargain bin and capstrapped and probably cash strapped, so...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Heard today that teams are allowed to be 10% over the cap now, but they need to be within the cap by the time the first game is played.
Yeah, but do you want to be the one calling teams who KNOW you are over and have to dump cap? Vegas could have figured out a home for Flower by now if they'd dealt him first before signing Lehner.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Can't we go over the cap then put Hossa on LTIR to get back under?

5.4 with him on LTIR.

Need an entire 4th line. So Fischer, two guys.

Raanta goes out and cap space isn't an issue at all. Also saves them 2 in cash to go with Hill.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
To ACCRUE cap (which we should want to do for later in the season), we need to be right at the cap WITH Hossa before we LTIR him.
We are at 11 F, 7D, 2G and ~130k space with Hossa

I think we're done unless someone moves out.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
To ACCRUE cap (which we should want to do for later in the season), we need to be right at the cap WITH Hossa before we LTIR him.
We are at 11 F, 7D, 2G and ~130k space with Hossa

I think we're done unless someone moves out.
I could see putting Raanta on waivers today to clear some space if he gets claimed.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Going off the list Friedman had of teams interested in Kuemper, only Edmonton and Carolina are left.

Calgary got Markstrom and San Jose got Dubnyk. And Chicago is seemingly fine with their young guys.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think Chicago takes a bandaid and another year to see what they've got in Delia, exactly

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Greiss and Crow are the only things that look interesting if I'm looking for a real starter for a playoff team.

After that's it's Miller, Dell, Smitty, Schneider...

Maybe we'll find a taker for Raanta afterall.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Edmonton offered more money to both a Holtby and Markstrom and got spurred by both.
Does that mean we could get their 1st without eating Koskinen as a dump? Though, it’s possible Daccord and Schwab see something in Koskinen and don’t mind him as a starter candidate.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Does that mean we could get their 1st without eating Koskinen as a dump? Though, it’s possible Daccord and Schwab see something in Koskinen and don’t mind him as a starter candidate.
EDM might want to platoon them. Particularly if they went for Raanta. Two Finns. Raanta more proven, but not durable. It's not worse than Smitty's hot-cold nonsense. At least if Raanta is healthy you know odds are really good you're getting great goaltending that night.

Koskinen would be cap neutral if we brought him in with Keumper. Save a bit of money. But, doesn't help us improve the rest of the roster.

ETA: You've got to be pretty desperate to offer Holtby more money than what he got...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

He has a 15 team list and they may not be able to move him.

I can see Khaira for Raanta or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->