2020 Off Season Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Liking his Bozak for Goligoski idea. Reuniting him with Kessel night get Phil going again. I doubt it. But it’s possible. We can then use Stepan in a pure shut-down role, which we lack and he should thrive in.

Keller-Dvorak-Garland
Schmaltz-Bozak-Kessel (trainwreck)
Crouse-Stepan-Pitlick (shutdown)
Richardson-Hayton-Hayden
Fischer

OEL-Demers
Chych-Hjammer
Oesterle-Lyubushkin
Capobianco

Kuemper
Hill

Reactions: Grimes

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Edmonton will try for Mrazek. That then opens a spot for Kuemper in Carolina. If they miss, then Edmonton looks at Kuemper.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If I'm Edmonton, I don't for a minute consider offering Holtby more than what he got instead of trading assets for Keumper with a $4.5M cap hit. Holtby at higher than $4.3 AAV whatever the final offer was, is not more attractive than Keumper at 4.5 for a team with McDrai, even if I have to give up assets to get Keumper. Especially if I can possibly offload a Chiasson type player in the deal which offsets the cap.
What the hell are they thinking in Edmonton? Is Holland really this bad?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If I'm Edmonton, I don't for a minute consider offering Holtby more than what he got instead of trading assets for Keumper with a $4.5M cap hit. Holtby at higher than $4.3 AAV whatever the final offer was, is not more attractive than Keumper at 4.5 for a team with McDrai, even if I have to give up assets to get Keumper. Especially if I can possibly offload a Chiasson type player in the deal which offsets the cap.
What the hell are they thinking in Edmonton? Is Holland really this bad?
It would depend on the assets imo. Edmonton aren't exactly deep with propects and you really need them on low contracts to fill out roster when you have higher end Cap hits.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Every singleOiler defensive prospect is absolutely guaranteed to be playing in their top four within two years, and probably be better than OEL while on an ELC. How is that not deep?

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Every singleOiler defensive prospect is absolutely guaranteed to be playing in their top four within two years, and probably be better than OEL while on an ELC. How is that not deep?
I meant forwards!!!! :)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Goose and Raanta to Edmonton. We take Russel back and a second and third

rt

May 13, 2004
I think Edmonton will try for Mrazek. That then opens a spot for Kuemper in Carolina. If they miss, then Edmonton looks at Kuemper.
Edmonton does NOT deserve McDavid. Utterly insane that they think Dylan Holloway is more important to their club than Darcy Kuemper.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Just deal one of the goaltenders already so we can add Haula, Namestinkov, Soda, Smith, or Cousins and be done for a bit.

rt

May 13, 2004
Or how about Richardson? I like him. 1yr 1m on Richardson seems fine. He was teammates with Clifford for four years in LA. Can we have those two? Would Clifford sign a Pitlick contract? Maybe even give him a little more?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Or how about Richardson? I like him. 1yr 1m on Richardson seems fine. He was teammates with Clifford for four years in LA. Can we have those two? Would Clifford sign a Pitlick contract? Maybe even give him a little more?
No idea what Clifford wants but rumor has it he turned down 3 years at just over a million per from the Leafs. Someone else can report so rt can see it as I'm on ignore!!!!!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Keller - Dvorak - Schmaltz
Garland - Hayton - Kessel
Clifford - Stepan - Pitlick
Crouse - Richardson - Fischer
Hayden

Really don't want to carry Hayden. I'd prefer to sign a defensive 4C with legs left and carry Richardson as the extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad