Post-Game Talk: 2020 NHL Trade Deadline II

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
Very curious about what went down re Joe Thornton after hearing his comments. Not sure if any of our insiders have any info they could share. It just doesn’t make sense to me. You can’t honestly tell me you’d rather have par lindholm on the fourth line over Thornton. If one on our top three centers goes down in the playoffs I’d rather have Thornton play up then see Kuraly or lindholm up there. Another veteran voice in the room is never bad. The motivation factor to get him a cup. It just all seems to make too much sense. Joe Thornton for a 6th rd pick. So what went wrong? Just feels like a huge “what if” missed opportunity

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Can someone explain to me why I got banned from the game day thread for saying Ritchie is not playing well?

I had zero vulgar comments, didn’t use bad language, or anything.

would very much appreciate a mod telling g me what I did wrong.

All of a sudden I have “insufficient privileges”

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can someone explain to me why I got banned from the game day thread for saying Ritchie is not playing well?

I had zero vulgar comments, didn’t use bad language, or anything.

would very much appreciate a mod telling g me what I did wrong.

I can’t speak for them but you were being really annoying with an uninformed, agenda driven bias.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I can’t speak for them but you were being really annoying with an uninformed, agenda driven bias.

so I said he was one of the worst skaters on the ice and by Bruce cassidy playing him the 2nd most least minutes I’m pretty sure he agreed.

that warrants being banned from a thread with no explanation from mods?

I never used vulgar language, attacked a poster or didn’t back anything up with factual evidence.

just sounds like a mod didn’t agree with what I said and unwarrantedly silenced me because they didn’t agree.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I would love for any of the mods to give me a message on the post I made where I did something wrong because that has yet to happen.

@Gee Wally can you please private message me and explain. Not trying to make this public so private message and let me know if you can find an answer. Also delete the last couple posts of me asking what happened if you can give me an answer.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Saying this earlier got me banned from the game day thread.

I really want a mod to tell me who did this in private messages and give me a reason. There was no bad language by me or baiting. Some mod just got personal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’ll say it again.

I’m excited for Kase on his own, geeli like Pasta lite but absolutely hate Sweeney putting all the pressure on him.
We need him to be something he hasn’t been with no time to adjust

Don’t just say you are in it to win

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Is he an impact player like say Krug for example?

Go of off stats and all that, Mcquaid was a player that was missed when out in his prime, but i bet you'd hardly call him an impact player would you?

Carlo is a really good defensive defenceman, but sincevwhen has just doing your job translated to impact player?

Maybe we just haveva difference of opinion on impact player vs good players.

Sounds like you equate impact with offense.

That's funny you mention Krug, who is the singlemost sheltered defenseman in the NHL in terms of zone starts and 5v5 / PP usage. Don't get me wrong. I love Krug, but you can't have him in the top 4 without Carlo along with him.

McQuaid was a bottom pairing D with significantly limited playmaking ability. He kept it simple and honest and played to his strengths.

Brandon Carlo is a horse. Sometimes when you watch him retrieve the puck, pivot, turn up ice and gallop...you forget he is 6'5". He still has plenty to work on...but he is already vital to this team.

It would be one thing if Carlo was playing a depth role...but he is playing a huge amount of minutes in a top 4 role. He's making an impact all the time - to the benefit of his more offensively gifted linemates.

Reactions: Chief Nine

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think you mean Washington for Kovalchuk.

Regardless, did Bergevin really take less to accommodate Kovalchuk????? If so, that's mind boggling -- for two reasons:

1) If Bergevin really wants to sign him as a UFA for next season he's an idiot. Montreal needs so much more than Kovalchuk at real money.
2) If #1 isn't true and Bergevin wasn't blowing kisses up Kovalchuk's ass to get him to re sign in July, then who gives a shit about what Kovalchuk wants. Has he really earned that much respect from Montreal in two months or whatever it's been?!?!?!

God I hope Montreal leaves Bergevin in place. I do miss the Habs being a factor just for the hate perspective, but I'm still happier with them being irrelevant than a danger. And Bergevin, IMO, guarantees that.

Either way, I'm glad Kovalchuk is not in Boston. I'll never know for sure, but in my book he's not a good fit for this team.

Was going on Arpon Basu's original tweet reference
saying Bergevin had better offers from other teams.
Have now seen later Basu tweets that indicate it
may have been just one team, not Boston and Kovalchuk
picked Caps.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They upgraded the #1 team in hockey and nobody of significance got moved elsewhere for anything I would want the bruins to do- again I do not understand this notion that they aren’t “in it to win it”. Somebody please explain it to me.

I feel like some of you would be ok with them doing stupid trades just to make a trade. Then they’d be totally #InIt to #WinIt. It’s such a radio talk show take. Kind of like “this Sox team isn’t LIKABLE though” on the scale of radio nonsense people like saying. Like what in the f*** are we talking about here?

Reactions: Krupp

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Was going on Arpon Basu's original tweet reference
saying Bergevin had better offers from other teams.
Have now seen later Basu tweets that indicate it
may have been just one team, not Boston and Kovalchuk
picked Caps.
Got you. I liked it better when I thought it made Bergevin even more of a fool!:laugh: No worries though. He’s still ground that team into the ground more than I thought possible.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Edit. Just read that Thotnton did in fact want a shot at the cup and the story of him not wanting to be far away from family was speculative BS. I take it back. I think the Bruins and Sharks let us all down by not putting this together. Should have been a no brainers even if just a 7th round pick.
Why on earth is that “letting us all down”?

Maybe Boston didn’t want Joe. And if so, that is an entirely defendable position.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
They upgraded the #1 team in hockey and nobody of significance got moved elsewhere for anything I would want the bruins to do- again I do not understand this notion that they aren’t “in it to win it”. Somebody please explain it to me.

I feel like some of you would be ok with them doing stupid trades just to make a trade. Then they’d be totally #InIt to #WinIt. It’s such a radio talk show take. Kind of like “this Sox team isn’t LIKABLE though” on the scale of radio nonsense people like saying. Like what in the f*ck are we talking about here?
In it to win it. Sorry, i don't think so. Tampa just got a 20 goal scorer and added a skilled gritty defender that has experience and leadership qualities and will fit in at their defensive rotation. That's called in it to win it. Pittsburgh got Zucker to play with Crosby, That's in it to win it. We were in it to dump salary after a bust signing and create space to sign Krug. That's called self preservation.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
In it to win it. Sorry, i don't think so. Tampa just got a 20 goal scorer and added a skilled gritty defender that has experience and leadership qualities and will fit in at their defensive rotation. That's called in it to win it. Pittsburgh got Zucker to play with Crosby, That's in it to win it. We were in it to dump salary after a bust signing and create space to sign Krug. That's called self preservation.

the bruins just got a 20 goal scorer and are you talking about Zach bogosian??? If so holy shit that’s hilarious

nick Ritchie is a much more significant add than Zach bogosian

you’re right though they should be like Tampa and give up a first for barclay goodrow

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I think the Bruins are in about the same situation as they were prior to the TD.

They got Ritchie for Heinen and gained some muscle. Stats are similar.

They picked up Kase who may end up being an injury just waiting to happen. I hope not but look at his history.

Plus they lost a 1st. and a prospect to get rid of a self inflicted awful contract.

D- for DS with these transactions.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
the bruins just got a 20 goal scorer and are you talking about Zach bogosian??? If so holy shit that’s hilarious

nick Ritchie is a much more significant add than Zach bogosian

you’re right though they should be like Tampa and give up a first for barclay goodrow
Not sure you saw the trade. Tampa also got Blake Coleman. Solid up and down winger who can skate and plays big. At 6 foot 200 pounds, a guy we could use. And he is healthy. Him and Begosian is far and away a better upgrade them we did. I find it funny you did not mention Coleman who you probably did not know about nor Zucker to Pitt because, what could you say. I have hopes for Kase, lets pray he gets healthy. I would love to be wrong.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Not sure you saw the trade. Tampa also got Blake Coleman. Solid up and down winger who can skate and plays big. At 6 foot 200 pounds, a guy we could use. And he is healthy. Him and Begosian is far and away a better upgrade them we did. I find it funny you did not mention Coleman who you probably did not know about nor Zucker to Pitt because, what could you say. I have hopes for Kase, lets pray he gets healthy. I would love to be wrong.
Tampa has three in a row as well . I hear you they are a great team . No doubt about it. If the bruins lost three in a row everybody would wanna trade everyone off the current team. Lol please I know playoffs are totally different I’m just bringing it up that’s all.

Reactions: Riley 88

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Tampa has three in a row as well . I hear you they are a great team . No doubt about it. If the bruins lost three in a row everybody would wanna trade everyone off the current team. Lol please I know playoffs are totally different I’m just bringing it up that’s all.
I get its a crapshoot. But i just want the best chance.

Reactions: BAD BOY

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Disappointing if the Bruins didn’t make a run at Thornton. Feel like Joe could provide as much if not more than Ritchie this season, could have kept Heinen as depth into the playoffs and got a puck in the off-season or kept him if he turned the corner.

Really hope he can latch on to a contender next season if he still decides to play.

what a story that should have been.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I get its a crapshoot. But i just want the best chance.
I really feel in my bones they are calling up Studnicka very soon if his play continues. I wouldn’t be surprised he’s on the second line and DK goes on the third . Look it I’m not going over every line combo but it might be a good bet. He might be the best add one like a trade then any of these players that got traded for a first rd pick that have under 12 goals and are on third or fourth lines. Kase would have more production if he wasn’t hurt and always is but it’s worth the risk. It better be lol

Reactions: Riley 88

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Does anyone else here feel Sweeney took a huge gamble this deadline? I’m total I like the Kase deal however, expecting him to fit in the top 6 is a huge gamble, especially with his injury history. And then on top of that you trade the only player that had shown the versatility to play anyone in the top line (how effectively we can argue all day long) for a player who I feel like we have tried before to put on the 3rd line this year.

In total we could have traded for 2 players and still end up with 2 holes.

Someone help me feel better about this.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Someone help me feel better about this.

Only you can do this, my friend. If you want to be convinced this trade deadline was good, you're on your own, because no one will be able to do that if you have made up your mind that it sucks.

Instead, try this: don't be one of those "fans" that always has to complain about something. The team will never go 82-0 and sweep four series' in a row on their way to the cup. The Bruins are made up of, coached by, and run by human beings who will make mistakes, have bad days, and tough moments. It is what it is. Enjoy the game of hockey. Support the team we have, look for the good in it all and, stop finding things to criticize or speculating about what might have been or what might happen.

There are plenty of things to be disappointed by- a 9-3 loss to the Canucks, losing game 7 to the Blues, the coaching tenure of Dave Lewis, the Jumbo trade, etc. Be disappointed and then dust it off and get ready for the next game :)

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Saying this earlier got me banned from the game day thread.

I really want a mod to tell me who did this in private messages and give me a reason. There was no bad language by me or baiting. Some mod just got personal.

If that's what happen. That's wrong.

I mean who do you think you are having an opinion.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad