Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
giphy.gif

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Damn, Tampa and Pittsburgh went all in. Edmonton with some surprising moves, too.

Lots of movement this year, I feel, in comparison to previous ones. Should be fun to watch down the stretch.

Reactions: Strafer

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I definitely hoped for more, but the silver lining is none of the supposed targets really moved - makes me feel much better than had guys like Palmieri or Kreider been moved to rivals or for a price we could have matched. Offensive depth is improved, lots of pressure on Kase to stay healthy.

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think it was a unique deadline. All the big names we were supposed to be in on didn't even move, so I think people need to temper their expectations. Both Kase and Ritchie are more upside pick-ups, but we should have the depth to balance that and it gives us a lot of upside.

While a team like Tampa is obviously better off for their Coleman and Goodrow pick-ups, would you ever have given up 2 1sts? That's insane. Same with Pageau. If that was the measuring stick for what you had to give up for a lesser player than Palmieiri/Kreider, it's just way too steep.

My one gripe though is that when you have cap space, you should be using it. Throw this year's 4th-7th at an expiring contract. You may as well.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I like these moves. The best team in the entire league just improved on all of their weaknesses - 5v5 scoring, scoring depth, physicality/toughness.

No, we did not get a big ticket this time, which can be fun... but we almost always get that. Kaberle, Iginla, Jagr, Nash, etc.
I do honestly with we got Joe Thornton for the story and fun aspects.

Yes, we also still never plugged that legit 2nd line scoring winger hole yet, but right now the best team in the league is now better today than they were a week ago. Consider me optimistically excited.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
C+ Again no true second line RW. It’s risk that Kase can handle that spot. Switched abilities with Heinen and Ritchie. Still retained some of Backes salary while giving up a first rounder. Not super, not horrible.

I gave the plus for gaining cap space which is the best part.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I like these moves. The best team in the entire league just improved on all of their weaknesses - 5v5 scoring, scoring depth, physicality/toughness.

No, we did not get a big ticket this time, which can be fun... but we almost always get that. Kaberle, Iginla, Jagr, Nash, etc.
I do honestly with we got Joe Thornton for the story and fun aspects.

Yes, we also still never plugged that legit 2nd line scoring winger hole yet, but right now the best team in the league is now better today than they were a week ago. Consider me optimistically excited.
Have to agree can they get bye Tampa or the Caps I’m not sure .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->