GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Why is it any time something like this happens and a Bruin player leaves, it goes sour like this? Really feels greasy as a Bruins fan that we pitchfork players and within a day their name is dragged through the mud.

I don't know? All I can say about this deal here is that someone is lying and it might not even be Krug or the Bruins. None of the info we ever got about it was from either party that I recall. It was from some "insider" or other. Who the hell knows where that came from originally, but Krug was a good Bruin and played his heart out for the team. I don't think he is what we need at this point and has earned his payday elsewhere, so that about sums it up. No need to really know more.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No one is lying. The Bruins never made a better offer to Torey Krug. They came back to the table with the same offer over and over.

They let him walk over the 2027 cap sheet.

So they basically stuck to 6.5M and pulled it. I’m not unhappy about it but don’t go into the off-season with some stupid left side of:

grzelcyk
Lauzon
Chara

which is what I expect. Back to the real topic at hand. #FireSweeney

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Something has to be up... way too fishy.
Donnie delaying
AP delaying
Hall delaying

If the Bruins wanted Dadonov, Hoffman or Smith, it would have been done by now. seriously.
And to walk away from Krug 1LD like that.... plus other teams signing other D....
I’m happy they walked from Krug. And I get he’s disappointed but that’s one side of the story. Bottom line is that signing him would have been a mistake...and they didn’t make the mistake.

Good for them.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Now you are back to what AZ wanted for OEL, but that cap hit . . . I doubt Sweeney pays that unless AZ caves and agrees to retain something. Who else is there. I guess Hanifin could be a target, not the same class as OEL, but we wouldn't necessarily need him to be.

I keep looking at Vegas. They want to sign Pietrangelo but need cap space. they have Theodore, Schmidt, McNabb and Martinez as left shot defenseman.Schmidt is a left shot but plays right.

Help them out by trading picks and prospects so they can free up some space to sign Pietrangelo.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Sounds like it was a nasty scene at the negotiation table.

What ever.

I’m happy for Krug.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
It’s a trained condition that we fall for every time

Not this time. Seguin. Hamilton. Kessel. Smith. Krug. Now, we'll hear about DeBrusk and his 'issues' if he is moved. Hell, I remember being a kid with a Juneau jersey being sold he was a selfish player who wanted too much money.

Happy for you Krug. Truly. I didn't want him back at that money so I'm pumped he got paid somewhere.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They made him an offer and usually that is the starting point to talk.

This should have never been made public.

Either Krug isn't worth it and they made the smart choice.

Or the B's made a mistake. One or the other.

I'm not sure this "valiant effort that was all for naught because Krug turned his nose" is a valid excuse. He chose a better offer. Period.

If you want to defend the decision to not be the top bidder then do that.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Screw krug. He's a puke now. We need to updrade.

Also, I'm stressed about this 3-year offer to Hall. Yes I know that Friedman says he was willing to take a shorter term, but we have the space, and more to come next year and the year after and the year after. We need more scoring. Overpay if you have to. Don't want to lose him to someone else for 2 years and $2m. Ask him what he wants and give it to him. We're fine capwise. Can't fit him and AP regardless (and don't need PA anyway if its going to cost us Carlo). Get Hanifen or something. There's no issue signing Hall to term and $$$$. Just dump Ritchie and Moore (and shouldn't have signed Miller). Get Krejci a winger for crissakes already.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I don't know? All I can say about this deal here is that someone is lying and it might not even be Krug or the Bruins. None of the info we ever got about it was from either party that I recall. It was from some "insider" or other. Who the hell knows where that came from originally, but Krug was a good Bruin and played his heart out for the team. I don't think he is what we need at this point and has earned his payday elsewhere, so that about sums it up. No need to really know more.

Agreed. Liked him but want the money spent elsewhere. The end and I'll cheer for him and would stand up in person to do so when life lets us cheers these guys on in person.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017

As much as I dislike him against the Bruins, I always thought Perron would have been a good fit with Marchand and Bergeron. If you somehow had that and Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak, that would be a pretty wicked top six. Two offensive guys that don't play a small game. A man can dream though.

member 96824

Not this time. Seguin. Hamilton. Kessel. Smith. Krug. Now, we'll hear about DeBrusk and his 'issues' if he is moved. Hell, I remember being a kid with a Juneau jersey being sold he was a selfish player who wanted too much money.

Happy for you Krug. Truly. I didn't want him back at that money so I'm pumped he got paid somewhere.

The fact that some people are already trying to paint Torey Krug...TOREY KRUG..as some terrible guy? Laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad