GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Something has to be up... way too fishy.
Donnie delaying
AP delaying
Hall delaying

If the Bruins wanted Dadonov, Hoffman or Smith, it would have been done by now. seriously.
And to walk away from Krug 1LD like that.... plus other teams signing other D....

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I'll take it but I'm never optimistic on Boston being able to get a top pairing LHD for Ritchie, are you?

for Ritchie, No.

For our 2021 1st plus Vaak, Bjork or other picks and prospects they should be able to get something done.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I highly doubt it.

Idk. Not really understanding the need to talk about the contract negotiations. It reads as sour. And there’s reports that they offered him 6.5 and stood firm. He says they haven’t talked in a year then pulled the offer. No one knows when the offer was pulled.

this is shit that should have been kept between the player and team but he’s made it public and nothing lines up. Someone is lying and it’s stupid.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Come on if we had won game 7 last year you would have donny picture hanging on wall. Be honest
I can be honest about Donnie, I hated him as a player and if they had won against St. Louis I would have given him credit for it, but his team (especially the D) was too small and too soft and St. Louis wore them down. A tweak or two and they win, Sweeney saw those problems (secondary scoring, grit) and did not fix them. It was this cores last chance and Sweeney blew it.

Now they are a tweener team with aging stars and no replacements in sight for Bergeron, Rask or Krejci. But thanks to Donnie's great drafting we have Zboril, Senyshyn and whoever the kid taken this week is who was so far down draft lists the networks didn't even know who he was or had highlights of him, nevermind he is an over age player

Oh and I think Sweeney is an arrogant p**** who hasn't earned the right to be one.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
for Ritchie, No.

For our 2021 1st plus Vaak, Bjork or other picks and prospects they should be able to get something done.

Now you are back to what AZ wanted for OEL, but that cap hit . . . I doubt Sweeney pays that unless AZ caves and agrees to retain something. Who else is there. I guess Hanifin could be a target, not the same class as OEL, but we wouldn't necessarily need him to be.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Idk. Not really understanding the need to talk about the contract negotiations. It reads as sour. And there’s reports that they offered him 6.5 and stood firm. He says they haven’t talked in a year then pulled the offer. No one knows when the offer was pulled.

this is shit that should have been kept between the player and team but he’s made it public and nothing lines up. Someone is lying and it’s stupid.

Why is it any time something like this happens and a Bruin player leaves, it goes sour like this? Really feels greasy as a Bruins fan that we pitchfork players and within a day their name is dragged through the mud.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They pulled their offer for a reason guys. Gotta be a reason. They have someone locked in for big money and are waiting to have the player confirm.

I'm happy they were confidant enough to pull their offer to Krug because of a bigger fish.

f*** I spend all day getting ready to see if “FireSweeney2” is available as a username and then they suck me back in.

member 96824

No one is lying. The Bruins never made a better offer to Torey Krug. They came back to the table with the same offer over and over.

They let him walk over the 2027 cap sheet.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I think we can only afford Hall as the big ticket and Hanifin as a secondary name = 13 million
Move out Bjork and Moore.

Marshy - Bergy - Stud
Hall - Krech - Pasta
Jake - Coyle - Kase
Kuraly - Frederic - Wags
Seny/Lindholm

Hanifin - Mac
Grizz - Carlo
Lauzon - Cliffy
Miller/Kampfer

Rask
Halak