GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Now it just occurred to me: what if they sign Hall to big money and he is shit? Like they missed some long-term nagging injury that flares up and turns him into David Backes. Ugh.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The word 'bust' gets thrown around way too lightly. The kid is 23 years old and already has 389 NHL games to his name. More than ANYBODY in his draft class. Not exactly what I'd call a 'bust'.

I agree bust is overused, but Hanifin has not so far delivered on his potential as a 5th overall pick. If he had, he would still be Carolina. My statement was a response to a post that called him a big bust and a guy who hadn't done anything in his career. I like the player just fine and would like to see him here. Does that make a him a bust? Not technically, maybe a bust in terms of where he was taken.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
if krug signed some sort of gag order then no i guess he shouldnt. But if theres nothing he signed disallowing him from publicly critiquing his former team then why should he not if he feels its warranted? Particularly after reports come out from the bruins that they were making offers to him and asking him to come back after he sees whats out there and none of it was true. That would absolutely make me want toset the record straight
He could have said he didn't want to comment about it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I hated what they did to Seguin on the show.

I don't like it when the team smears a player and I don't like it when a player smears a team.

Be the professionals you claim to be. Somethings should remain private
"I wanted to stay here," Chara told the Sun. "I'm very disappointed. I thought Ottawa would be really aggressive and they would really show it. In the last nine days before July 1st, we never received a phone call. Myself and (agent) Matt (Keator) were just sitting there and making all the calls. We told them, 'Let's talk and let's negotiate.' They said:' 'Six million, you sign it or we're going to go the other way.' They did. They chose Wade (Redden).

That Chara. Total unprofessional Smearer.
Pat%252520Smear_16_9_1597166070.jpg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Not a terrible guy but he should have kept things to himself and also not have the producer of spittin chicklets out there trying to smear the Bruins.

As long as what he's saying is the truth then I've got no problem with it. He was asked a question, gave a straightforward answer. Wish more people did the same. I don't see why he should be obliged to hide the reality of his situation. Sweeney and co. clearly decided they had other priorities,. It's clearly an important component of why Krug didn't re-sign with the Bruins, so it's fair for him to point that out.

Now it's on Sweeney to demonstrate what those other priorities are and make good on whatever plans he has in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad