Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I wouldn't hold the WJC performance against Byfield, he earned the second lowest amount of ice time, averaging 8 minutes per game. I think he was mostly there to gain the experience, similar to Lafreniere the year prior at the 2019 WJC.

His WJC will be next years'. If he had a WJC this year that was as good as Lafrieniere, we'd be drafting Lafrieniere at number 2.

KrazyKings

May 16, 2010
Southern California
I think I just saw 5 different videos on YouTube siting that TSN radio interview as why the Kings are picking Stützle.

I'll be happy either way, but it's just like, come on.

I listed to the radio interview that someone cited and didn’t hear anything along the lines of Kings being interested in Stutzle. Was it the interview with Craig Button? If so, he clearly states he thinks the Kings should go Byfield and that was just his opinion.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I listed to the radio interview that someone cited and didn’t hear anything along the lines of Kings being interested in Stutzle. Was it the interview with Craig Button? If so, he clearly states he thinks the Kings should go Byfield and that was just his opinion.

No, as you figure it was out of Ottawa, I want to say it was on Saturday.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
You have to admit... after being 100% certain the Hockey Gods were gonna 'gift' us with the 7 OA pick and then moving up to #2 according to the dropping of the ballz...

It feels pretty gangsta to be able to argue about Byfield or Stutzle @ #2 right about now.

giphy.gif

Islcey

Jun 18, 2018
I think I prefer Byfield but I know both players have huge potential, if we draft Stutzle and Byfield ends up better I doubt we will care all that much as Stutzle will be a huge part of the Kings.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Florida gets Lafreniere because without him the team might as well fold...Butt-crack will make this happen

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I put together 2 lists of our notable prospects just to see what depth we have at what position. The first list is what I believe the prospects position at draft was.

The second list is a list where I see the prospects ended up playing in the NHL career. No this is just my thoughts and is very subjective but I just thought people could use a nice chart prior to the draft to see our organizational Strengths and weaknesses.

List 1.

Centers - Vilardi, Turcotte, Madden, Kupari, JAD, Thomas, Dudas

Right wing - Kaliyev, Luff, Rempal, Shafigullan

Left wing - Fagemo, Grundstrom, Lee, Sodergan, Eyssimont,

Left shot Defense - Bjornfot, Anderson, Clague, Hults, Brinkley, Phillips, Moverare, Nousiainen

Right shot Defense - Durzi Spense Strand

Goalies - Parik, Ingham, Villalta, Hrenak, Kehler

List 2

Centers - Turcotte, Madden, JAD, Thomas,

Right wing - Vilardi, Kaliyev, Luff, Rempal, Shafigullan

Left wing - Fagemo, Kupari, Grundstrom, Dudas, Lee, Sodergan, Eyssimont,

Left shot Defense - Bjornfot, Anderson, Clague, Hults, Brinkley, Phillips, Moverare, Nousiainen

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooks

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I put together 2 lists of our notable prospects just to see what depth we have at what position. The first list is what I believe the prospects position at draft was.

The second list is a list where I see the prospects ended up playing in the NHL career. No this is just my thoughts and is very subjective but I just thought people could use a nice chart prior to the draft to see our organizational Strengths and weaknesses.

List 1.

Centers - Vilardi, Turcotte, Madden, Kupari, JAD, Thomas, Dudas

Right wing - Kaliyev, Luff, Rempal, Shafigullan

Left wing - Fagemo, Grundstrom, Lee, Sodergan, Eyssimont,

List 2

Centers - Turcotte, Madden, JAD, Thomas,

Right wing - Vilardi, Kaliyev, Luff, Rempal, Shafigullan

Left wing - Fagemo, Kupari, Grundstrom, Dudas, Lee, Sodergan, Eyssimont,

Now as for the draft adding a guy like Byfield lets us shift a guy like Madden over to the wing as well.

A nice Right shot dman like Grans, Barron, Schneider or Kuznetsov in the 2nd round would be a nice touch

Even Hunt if he is there in the 3rd

My dream scenario Draft Byfield, trade Turcotte plus another prospect or picks to Detroit and grab Drysdale. (I believe Ottawa cannot pass on Stutzle) We get Kopitar and Doughty's future replacements at once. Detroit snags their center and more assets to help their rebuild. I may be bias but I like Turcotte a lot more then Perfetti, who Detroit is rumored to be looking at and a lot more than the other centers in the draft including Rossi, Lundell. The only person left in the draft I would rate higher than Turcotte would be Raymond. Detroit drafted Seider last year and is loaded with young right shot dman.

Reactions: andys

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
Since I have yet to see this be talked about, but Byfield only played 5 games since February 7th. He had a wrist injury when he was absolutely on fire. Had 11 points in 6 previous games before his wrist injury. He came back February 28th and averaged 1.6 ppg (0-8-8 in 5 games).

Also note, he scored 0 goals after his injury, and highlights showed Byfield did not use his lethal shot when he had the opportunity to. Likely weathering the injury while he was playing. In his 40 games before his injury, he averaged 3.4 shots per game, while he was only averaging 2.2 shots per game after returning from his injury.

I believe this is a factor of why Byfield has "lost" the consensus #2 pick. Before the injury, there was still conversation that Byfield could contest for #1 overall, though Lafreniere had begun to separate himself with his impressive WJC. If Coronavirus was not around to cancel the OHL season, I suspect Byfield would have revived the conversation for #1 overall with a good run in his last 5 remaining regular season games + playoffs. Remember Bowen Byram's run last season? He shot up and solidified himself as a top 3 prospect according to everybody's draft ranking.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I believe this is a factor of why Byfield has "lost" the consensus #2 pick. Before the injury, there was still conversation that Byfield could contest for #1 overall, though Lafreniere had begun to separate himself with his impressive WJC. If Coronavirus was not around to cancel the OHL season, I suspect Byfield would have revived the conversation for #1 overall with a good run in his last 5 remaining regular season games + playoffs.

Also because Stutzle is more than likely NHL ready. Byfield needs another season before joining the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad