Pre-Game Talk: 2020 NHL Draft

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New hype reel for Quinton Byfield :) this one was my favourite to make so far

Hit the like or subscribe button if you guys enjoy!

More videos are on the way

Reactions: GumbyCan2

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
Fresh hype reel for Marco Rossi - who had with the highest PPG of this draft class

Enjoy guys :) who should I cover next?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
The way I see our roster, we have lots of good players, but we could really use another elite twoway Center. Especially considering Backs probably only has another 2-3 years of being a top 6 guy.

Until we find a #1c I think we pretty much have to try creative things like drafting a very highly ranked Center who dropped due to injury concerns. Because I just don’t see this roster ever being bad enough to be at the bottom of the league to get a #1C in the draft. We have too many good players.

Good points. I sense you are not fully gratified with Monahan as a "contender #1-C". He is good and has proven quality, ability but Not really "top-end". Plus, he could walk or demand trade, or be traded before his contract is up (3 years I believe?). Flames would do well to gamble on a highly touted C in this draft.
Won't get the census best at #16 granted, but if a Lapierre is available I agree his potentual upside could net had a strong #1/2 C through draft and develop. That is how Monahan evolved. Haven't found anymore top centers through trade or free agency. I agree to go all-in on Lapierre or next/closest available center.
Other needs would be a future potential star RW'er. Do not have any stud Right-hand shot prospects now, so...no more defense in higher rounds please Tre!

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Lapierre might very well not play in the NHL. His injury issues have been severe and head traumas have a way of returning quickly.

If Zary falls I think he's the best choice, but I am also warming up to Jarvis. Holloway scares me as I have a feeling the flames brass doesnt want to get burned by another brayden point, but I don't see the offensive upside there. There's actually a reasonable chance someone we consider (i.e. Petreka, Chromiak) is available with our 2nd round pick too. Between 12-70 I have seen pretty much every player move around.

Both Zary & Jarvis are right there for me too. I like Anton Lundell overall but reports I've read having him going consensus top-12. I think Flames are likely #14 to 16pick range.

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New reel for Askarov :) kid is the real deal

Would you take a chance on him? Or take someone else?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
New reel for Askarov :) kid is the real deal

Would you take a chance on him? Or take someone else?

I don’t like drafting goalies but if he’s as good as people say he is. Yes. On the condition we hire some hot shot Russian goalie coach.

if we lose in the play in round we can pick no lower than 13th and that’s if there are no other upsets. One of:
Lundell
Perfetti
Quinn
Sanderson
Askarov
Rossi
Raymond
Holtz
Should be on the board

if that doesn’t happen, I think we would go one of
Lappierre
Zary
Holloway
Guhle
Mercer

then if we win round 1 and 2 we’d be picking late first so who knows

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I think we should be looking for a Defenceman. Our window is closing pretty rapidly and I don't think our group can get it done. Start building for the future.
Save the 2nd/ 3rd for Dmen unless a consensus stud D falls to us.
We need a heart & soul Center with our 1st, or a sniper RHS RW'er right, I believe.
Checking into it further, I do see the Defense being depleted soon too. Actually the right side could be "bare" this summer, except for Rasmus Andy-man.
Help!!!
Maybe you are right...center we have Mony-Backs-Ryan and Janko( yuck).
Maybe Dubs and Gawdin fill in to center within a couple years.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
It would be nice to have a lottery win in their back pocket in case they get bounced by the Jets right?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The pieces are falling into place for:

Hall-Monahan-Gaudreau
Laf-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Backlund-Dube

1/4 down, 3 to go.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lose the faked playoffs first round for a shot at lafrenier

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
12.5% odds to get the #1 overall pick are pretty damn good odds.
In a regular draft lottery year the team that finished at the bottom of the league has a 18.5% chance of getting the #1 pick. The next lowest team has a 13.5% chance and the 3rd lowest team has a 11.5% chance.
Go Jets!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad