Pre-Game Talk: 2020 NHL Draft

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
It's okay.

Zary was my top choice for our pick, so that's great.

Guys like Kerins, Francis, solovyov are pretty decent in their own regard, so no complaints there (especially where we drafted them at).

Chechelev is a decent gamble.

Kuznetsov is pretty meh, I think he has fairly low upside. And Poirier really not my cup of tea but we ended up taking him close to where I had him ranked, so that's okay I guess.

Don't know anything about Boltmann, so here's hoping for the best.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
It's okay.

Zary was my top choice for our pick, so that's great.

Guys like Kerins, Francis, solovyov are pretty decent in their own regard, so no complaints there (especially where we drafted them at).

Chechelev is a decent gamble.

Kuznetsov is pretty meh, I think he has fairly low upside. And Poirier really not my cup of tea but we ended up taking him close to where I had him ranked, so that's okay I guess.

Don't know anything about Boltmann, so here's hoping for the best.
Kuznetsov was 17 for the majority of the time playing against guys 4-6 years older. He is huge and has a very active stick. He can play in any situation and is very mobile for his size. I don’t see the problem with the pick. And at 72 it’s worth taking a risk on Poirier, he could be the steal of the draft.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Listen, if it goes to a shootout, pretty sure Chechelev wins

giphy.gif

EDIT:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

Yup.

The guy is a psychotic, racist, trash human and doesn't deserve an ounce of success.

If it was a singular incident where he showed tons of remorse, fine, I get giving him a chance to prove himself. But when you're 14 and have been bullying the same colored kid since Grade 2 and planned out a despicable act and followed it by showing zero remorse in court and having never apologized to the kid and his family, you deserve the absolute worst in life.

F*** Mitchell Miller

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
These types of guys tend not to make it in the NHL to be honest.
Now, if this was the NFL or NBA and you're doing grotesque things, it doesn't matter; but in the NHL as long as it's just being horrible to women, it's fine.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Why would you ever want that guy in your organization? Hope he just gets absolutely beat down by some goon

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Plot twist, Arizona drafted him, and when the kid makes the AHL, the coach is going to put him out every time the opposing team's goon steps on the ice. They did it JUST to make sure he got his butt kicked.

Reactions: ArtemisIncarnate

Khrox

May 31, 2018
The amount of people I've seen on the main forum defending this kid is outrageous. He bullied and picked on a mentally handicapped kid since they were in grade 2, and then wouldn't apologize for something that even at 10-12 years old, you should have known that the stuff done was incredibly wrong (urinating on candy and giving it to anyone, let alone someone who isn't fully developed, is just not okay, no matter the age). Throw in the fact that it was a black kid and he's white, adds fuel to the fire. Combined with the fact that the only apology he gave was a court letter, makes me doubt that he had any kind of sincerity about being sorry.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad