Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I don’t think a crazy win streak is coming unless Nas magically figures out how to use the Delorean and get Norris level PK back from the past, then figures out how to get more scoring in a post-Hall world.

I do think results will improve enough to get in the 6-10 range, just high enough for the angst we’re outside a draft tier.

Wherever we draft it will be 1-2 slots after All The Good Players Are Gone and why did we win that meaningless game in March we would have drafted This Much Better Player.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I'm always partial to drafting somebody with a great name: RD Jeremie Biakabutuka, currently playing in the QMJHL. His uncle Tim was a running back in the 90s/early 00s.

Yeah, his uncle is from Montreal and was a RB for the Carolina Panthers.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm always partial to drafting somebody with a great name: RD Jeremie Biakabutuka, currently playing in the QMJHL. His uncle Tim was a running back in the 90s/early 00s.
I remember his father vividly, mainly because of his name

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I feel like nothing is set in stone for this draft. There is a good battle for number 1 and there is alot of movement up within the top ten. The Devils should be in good shape.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I feel like nothing is set in stone for this draft. There is a good battle for number 1 and there is alot of movement up within the top ten. The Devils should be in good shape.
The only thing that appears to be certain so far is: (and highly likely to not change)

Consensus top winger = Lafreniere
Consensus top center = Byfield
Consensus top defenseman = Drysdale
Consensus top goalie = Askarov

I think there are going to be several high end forwards picked in the top 15 with only drysdale and Askarov projected to go there. Maybe another defenseman jumps into the top 15. Long way to go and lots to be excited about no matter where we pick.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Same with where we end up picking. We could pick anywhere between one and ten with the way the lotto works and depending where we finish.

I am not getting attached to any prospect right now.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Same with where we end up picking. We could pick anywhere between one and ten with the way the lotto works and depending where we finish.

I am not getting attached to any prospect right now.

I accidentally gorilla glued Bleedred to Akira Schmid and you should have heard the two of them arguing about who had to get the nail polish remover and sandpaper. Really embarrassing for me to be honest.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Why aren’t we in on KHL G Timur Bilyalov? That could be a great goalie get and allow us to focus elsewhere with the first round picks. From Bilyalov’s perspective this is as good or better an opportunity to play as Toronto is...

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Why aren’t we in on KHL G Timur Bilyalov? That could be a great goalie get and allow us to focus elsewhere with the first round picks. From Bilyalov’s perspective this is as good or better an opportunity to play as Toronto is...

How do you know we aren’t on Bilyalov? You want Ray to hold a press conference to announce that we’re making calls to try and land him?

I don’t think we are pursuing him but acting like we’re not for whatever reason, is we’ll...

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

How do you know we aren’t on Bilyalov? You want Ray to hold a press conference to announce that we’re making calls to try and land him?

I don’t think we are pursuing him but acting like we’re not for whatever reason, is we’ll...

:facepalm:

A .954 this year? Why do so many Russian goalies have insane save % stats? Shestyorkin had like a 950 something last year. I feel like that can't quite be real.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
He is only 5’ 10

I only want to draft or sign big goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad