Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
From what I heard it's quite deep, maybe even deeper than last year's which was also considered deep. I honestly don't want to be anywhere near the top of this lottery. We have our talent in Hughes, Hischier, Smith, Bratt and MacBlack. We need to win hockey games.
This doesn't make sense. I don't think you can have too much talent.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Lol watch us go on a crazy win streak still missing the playoffs but then costing us our low draft pick. I feel like we live in the upside down world. Whatever we think is gonna happen usually the opposite happens.

That's exactly what I expect. This team isn't half as bad as Hynes made them. Plan on picking in the 10-15 range, unless we win a lottery spot.

Only thing that could make us draft lower is either MBW wearing down or Nas continuing Hynes moronic system.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
That's exactly what I expect. This team isn't half as bad as Hynes made them. Plan on picking in the 10-15 range, unless we win a lottery spot.

Only thing that could make us draft lower is either MBW wearing down or Nas continuing Hynes moronic system.

i agree with what you said but I still think we created too big of a hole to dig out of a top 10 pre lottery pick. This team will surprise teams for the rest of the year though.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

There’s no way we’re picking outside of the top #10. We’ll be unloading other players and there’s already a significant gap between us and the 3rd worst team.

We’ll win games here and there but we won’t leap over 12 teams.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Our next 15 games are pretty rough for us. Good chance we go 5-10 or worse.

Caps 3 times H,A,A
Isles 2 times H,A
Leafs 2 times H,A
CBJ 2 times H,A
vs Boston
vs Avs
vs Bolts
@ Rags

Then we have road games @ the Sens and Hawks

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Our next 15 games are pretty rough for us. Good chance we go 5-10 or worse.

Caps 3 times H,A,A
Isles 2 times H,A
Leafs 2 times H,A
CBJ 2 times H,A
vs Boston
vs Avs
vs Bolts
@ Rags

Then we have road games @ the Sens and Hawks

Woof

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
As others have pointed out we have one of the hardest remaining schedules out of most teams. I doubt we climb out of the hole we're in as we've already dug quite a deep one. Maybe we end up 5th from the bottom instead of in the bottom 2, but we're going to be picking 6-8OA regardless.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

I aint afraid

As others have pointed out we have one of the hardest remaining schedules out of most teams. I doubt we climb out of the hole we're in as we've already dug quite a deep one. Maybe we end up 5th from the bottom instead of in the bottom 2, but we're going to be picking 6-8OA regardless.

Team has looked worlds better the least two weeks and still has a lot of room to improve. They aren't making the playoffs, but they should win games.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Team has looked worlds better the least two weeks and still has a lot of room to improve. They aren't making the playoffs, but they should win games.

Mostly Blackwood if you ask me. Took him a little while to get the Cory stench of putrid garbage off himself, but now that we've banished the cancerous ginger turd MB29 has really started to shine.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
There’s no way we’re picking outside of the top #10. We’ll be unloading other players and there’s already a significant gap between us and the 3rd worst team.

We’ll win games here and there but we won’t leap over 12 teams.

I sure hope not. Intentionally tanking again by selling is a great recipe for another 5 years of being a bottom 5 franchise.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Mostly Blackwood if you ask me. Took him a little while to get the Cory stench of putrid garbage off himself, but now that we've banished the cancerous ginger turd MB29 has really started to shine.

Big saves in big moments turn into scoring chances for us going the other way. Basically the opposite of how it went for a while there, especially with blackwood not in net (Louis Domingue against the Sabres).

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Big saves in big moments turn into scoring chances for us going the other way. Basically the opposite of how it went for a while there, especially with blackwood not in net (Louis Domingue against the Sabres).

Getting rid of Cory and Hynes signified a major culture change. Both of them were big-time losers who were infecting the team with their utter contentment with how awful they were. Nas may not be much better than Hynes, but at least he doesn't have his stupid "we tried hard" so results don't matter mentality.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We’re more than likely coming out of the draft with either the top winger, center, defenseman, or goalie (Lafreniere, Byfield, Drysdale, or Askarov).

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Getting rid of Cory and Hynes signified a major culture change. Both of them were big-time losers who were infecting the team with their utter contentment with how awful they were. Nas may not be much better than Hynes, but at least he doesn't have his stupid "we tried hard" so results don't matter mentality.
Cory wasn't content with sucking. You saw in interviews how f***ed he was over being so bad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don’t think a crazy win streak is coming unless Nas magically figures out how to use the Delorean and get Norris level PK back from the past, then figures out how to get more scoring in a post-Hall world.

I do think results will improve enough to get in the 6-10 range, just high enough for the angst we’re outside a draft tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad