Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'd like to keep Manson around too, if he plays anywhere like he did last season then he needs to go though.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Rakell is as talented as he's ever been, i get impression he's just playing on cruise control because the team isn't a playoff team anymore.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If we could trade Manson for a good return and sign Vats back - I actually think Lindholm, Fowler, Vats and Gudbranson is a more balanced top 4 than what we have. Would be an instant improvement to special teams
It seems very possible. Vatanen was one of the few players who stated he was a Ducks fan growing up in Finland.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If we could trade Manson for a good return and sign Vats back - I actually think Lindholm, Fowler, Vats and Gudbranson is a more balanced top 4 than what we have. Would be an instant improvement to special teams
Vatanen has not been good at all the past 2 years. If we swap Manson for Vatanen, then that means one of Vatanen or Gudbranson would be matched up against top players on the opposing teams, which is not very comforting. He might be able to help the PP a bit, but I don't think it's worth it.

Reactions: Dmang714 and dracom

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Vatanen has not been good at all the past 2 years. If we swap Manson for Vatanen, then that means one of Vatanen or Gudbranson would be matched up against top players on the opposing teams, which is not very comforting. He might be able to help the PP a bit, but I don't think it's worth it.
Agreed. If the team sees a reason to sign Vatanen, it should be on top of keeping Manson, not to replace him.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Agreed. If the team sees a reason to sign Vatanen, it should be on top of keeping Manson, not to replace him.

As much as I've always liked Manson, I don't see him as part of the future core and do not like the idea of having to extend him at age 30. Trading him to a contending team in exchange for quality futures makes a lot of sense for a team that won't be contending over the next couple seasons.

We don't need a perfect fit in terms of a stop gap to fill a spot in the top 4. Vats has proven he can handle 20+ mins per night, and to be honest more so than Manson has shown he can shoulder the burden of actually leading one of the top two pairings if/when one of Lindholm/Fowler are out. But again, the idea is to gain young assets and admirably fill the minutes with another top 4 D. Whether that turns out to be a net gain, loss or a wash for the current roster isn't the top priority here but rather asset management.

For sure I wouldn't want to see Manson moved without at least adding some sort of stop gap to help fill out the top 4 for the time being. I do worry about running Gibson into the ground over the next couple years.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I could see a package around Timmins + as part of a return for either Manson or Rakell. He could immediately step into a top 4 role.

Timmins has played in 2 NHL games and is still very green. He’s nowhere near ready to step into a top 4 role.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I could see a package around Timmins + as part of a return for either Manson or Rakell. He could immediately step into a top 4 role.

Personally I would move Rakell for a 1st+defensive prospect like Timmons that can step into the NHL.

Then move Manson for futures.

Timmins has played in 2 NHL games and is still very green. He’s nowhere near ready to step into a top 4 role.

I think he is as ready as a prospect can be without real NHL experience. Regardless, he would instantly be our best defensive prospect.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
After years of puerile garbage masquerading as a power play I'll say that the only instant improvement possible is from a change in coaching philosophy or coaching personnel.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

I'm curious... which team winning the #1 would piss off the most people? I hope this happens....

I'm guessing people would generally be most pissed if the Penguins or Rangers win it... and I'm guessing Duck fans would hate the Predators and Flamers winning it... maybe the Oilers too.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'm curious... which team winning the #1 would piss off the most people? I hope this happens....

I'm guessing people would generally be most pissed if the Penguins or Rangers win it... and I'm guessing Duck fans would hate the Predators and Flamers winning it... maybe the Oilers too.
I would be very upset if one of PIT, NYR, EDM, or CHI got it. As a Ducks fan, I obviously don't want to see CGY, VAN, ARI, or NSH get it either.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA

Toronto, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, or Chicago. I'm personally not going to be too mad at anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad