Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Zegras probably isnt faster than Rossi, but he's elite at using heel c-cuts with a wide stance to create lanes and misinformation, very Barzal like. You could compare Perfetti as far as creativeness, but he's still not on Zegras' level, I'm not sure ive ever seen a prospect with his combination of hands, vision and creativeness to be honest. Then you throw in the fact Zegras is meaner and plays bigger than both.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think Rossi plays bigger than both. I'd have him as a better prospect than zegras because of his defensive impact.
guess it depends on your definition. Rossi uses his low center to come away with pucks from bigger guys, similar to a crosby. Zegras likes to initiate contact in the corners and has a mean streak. He also has no problem hanging out at the front of the net and taking shit. I'd say Rossi plays bigger than a guy his size but I'm fairly confident Zegras will be a more physical player on both sides of the ice than both at the NHL level.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Getting Guhle with a first round pick as part of a Rakell/Manson/Henrique return would be a dream. I could easily see him being an even better Josh Manson. Would love to draft him, and I doubt he'll be available with the Boston pick, but we'd be fools to pass on him if he was.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
It'll be interesting to see how the rankings change by October. My first prediction was Holtz and I still think he or Sanderson are the most likely "Duck" picks at 6

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
We will see....Marchand is a very rare player. There are a lot small guys that get drafted each year and only one Marchand. Not saying he can't do it but I wouldn't expect it.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We will see....Marchand is a very rare player. There are a lot small guys that get drafted each year and only one Marchand. Not saying he can't do it but I wouldn't expect it.
DeBrincat can be a good comparison who is even smaller and without the reputation of a two way player.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
How much of a impact will Lafrienere make next season ?
Say NYR gets the #1 pick they would be adding Lafreniere to a team that has Zibanejad, Panarin, Strome, DeAngelo, Buchnevich, Kreider, Fox & Kakko.
Their offense was already 5th in goals for, a decent rookie season from Laf helps them even more along with Kakko having a breakout year and a bounce back year from Trouba.
I think their rebuild is over, many weapons offensively on that teams forward core and they got two big producers on the blue line with DeAngelo + Fox.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Wow he's so high on Perfetti. Makes me excited for that possibility.

Button loves his hockey sense. Gave him a rating of 6 out of 5 for hockey sense and said it’s the best in the draft.

Button definitely gets things wrong sometimes but he’s generally more hit than miss with prospect rankings.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
How much of a impact will Lafrienere make next season ?
Say NYR gets the #1 pick they would be adding Lafreniere to a team that has Zibanejad, Panarin, Strome, DeAngelo, Buchnevich, Kreider, Fox & Kakko.
Their offense was already 5th in goals for, a decent rookie season from Laf helps them even more along with Kakko having a breakout year and a bounce back year from Trouba.
I think their rebuild is over, many weapons offensively on that teams forward core and they got two big producers on the blue line with DeAngelo + Fox.

Similar impact to Matthews IMO (except less goals and more assists) - both guys among the oldest in their draft years and play a mature enough game and have the size to come in right away and be quality players.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I don’t think anyone expects Rossi to become a 100 point good two way forward like Marchand has, just that they’re very similar in terms of the incredible lower body strength, balance and edge work. Crosby is another guy with similar insane balance/edge work/relentless work ethic. Obviously Rossi has nowhere near the same top speed or overall skill as the others but style wise they’re similar.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Looking at your prospect pool, I don't see many RW or RD. I think Drysdale will be gone by the time you guys pick, Raymond and Quinn could be there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad