4CAnton Lundell6'1 - LFIN
5LWAlexander Holtz6'0 - RSWE
6CCole Perfetti5'10 - LCAN
7GJaroslav Askarov6'3 - RRUS
8FTim Stutzle5'11 - LGER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
There is a very real possibility we draft in the 6-10 range. You have to do your due diligence on everyone. I think Lundell is a great pick from 4 on.

I think he is reasonable after 4 and does play like a real center in my, albeit limited viewings.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
More of 4th overall.

Just updated my average rank from other ranks:

OvrPos2020 draftSize/HandNation
1LWAlexis Lafreniere6'1 - LCAN
2CQuinton Byfield6'4 - LCAN
3RWLucas Raymond5'10 - RSWE
4CAnton Lundell6'1 - LFIN
5LWAlexander Holtz6'0 - RSWE
6CCole Perfetti5'10 - LCAN
7GJaroslav Askarov6'3 - RRUS
8FTim Stutzle5'11 - LGER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pretty sure most scouts have him ranked higher though , but to each his own ... think stutzle intrigues me more But definetly targeting top 3 pick

Reactions: hkydave04

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
i put perfetti at more like 5'8'' , just like i doubt zadina as big as hes listed
I knew more than half the hockey players on my college team, and they were definitely listed taller than actual height including the guys that got drafted. Nobody got listed less than 5'9" regardless of actual height. I used to joke that they must have measured in Canadian inches. (Lame exchange rate joke.)

Larkin1578

Jun 22, 2015
Guys from Russian leading sports media Sport-Express have mentioned that Yegor Chinakhov is on the Red Wings' radar.

Interesting to say the least..however, have they given up on Zadina? Is that what this is suggesting? Wings have more of a need for left wings, centers and goalies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think he is reasonable after 4 and does play like a real center in my, albeit limited viewings.

I think the center depth in this draft is shaping up to be very good.

After the assumed top 2, you have Holloway, Lundell, Lapierre, Perfetti, Rossi, Zary. I think the centers that go in the 2-15 range in this draft could be better than most drafts. Lots of good talent at forward this year.

ThePuckStopsHere

Aug 9, 2019
I think what we need to remember is non of these guys are sure fire, blue chip prospects like a McDavid or a Lindros, or a Crosby. They are ‘prospects’. They are going to need time like most players picked at their position in the draft.

I would rather them develop slower and milk a couple more top 5 picks to be honest. This team is going to need a crap load of talent to become contenders again. I don’t want to see a few overachieving young players keep us in a playoff bubble limbo for the next 6 years.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't think that it is connected to Zadina in any way, it is more about adding depth to attacking winger prospect pipeline.

Yeah, just build a talent surplus, so you can make trades from a surplus. Maybe trade somebody else, just add overall skill on the team. Some worse players will drop out from the race.

Reactions: Tirekicker

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I think the center depth in this draft is shaping up to be very good.

After the assumed top 2, you have Holloway, Lundell, Lapierre, Perfetti, Rossi, Zary. I think the centers that go in the 2-15 range in this draft could be better than most drafts. Lots of good talent at forward this year.

I don't see Perfetti or Rossi (both of who I really like) playing center in the pro game but I could see the others sticking in the middle.

Reactions: Tirekicker

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Detroit is 2nd last to Minnesota, who has 2 less games played. Detroit looks to be in the mix for a top-3 pick this year.

Does the big Centre or the impressive winger get your vote at #1 overall?

Draper is pretty bang on with his assessment of Byfield (hopefully, the article hasn't been shared yet) :

Red Wings director of amateur scouting Kris Draper said he'll have traveled to see each of the top 15 draft prospects by the end of the month, including a trip to Rimouski, Quebec, to see Alexis Lafreniere, the consensus No. 1 pick and to Sweden to see the third- and fourth-ranked players, Alexander Holtz and Lucas Raymond.

Draper and the Red Wings' scouting staff already know about No. 2-ranked Byfield, a 6-4, 215-pound center who has been compared favorably to 10-time Stanley Cup champion Jean Beliveau (Canadiens), three-time Cup champ Evgeny Malkin (Penguins) and 50-goal scorer Leon Draisaitl (Oilers)

And a Red Wings tidbit :

"Honestly, if Detroit picks me that would be awesome," Byfield said. "A lot of good players have gone through that organization like (Pavel) Datsyuk, (Nicklas) Lidstrom and (Steve) Yzerman. My favorite team is Tampa Bay, and Yzerman was the general manager there so that would be cool as well."

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
Even if you take those 2 out, I’d still consider that a pretty strong group of centers.

Especially since I totally forgot Stutzle.

There's a decent chance that Stutzle ends up being a full-time winger, though.

Still, it's a good group of centers there at the top. Defensemen? Not so much. But centers and wingers? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad