Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Why was he passed over in the last draft?

I don't know, but here's what I was able to find on him :

Speedy undersized Russian forward who has seen work at all three forward positions, but is more suited as a winger. Has terrific top-end speed and good change of direction along high end puck-skills. Excellent on zone entries the attack, and is a good offensive generator and forechecker. While in his own end and his team begins transition with mad bursts out on the attack to push back the opposition defenders on entries. Has a quick release and solid shot. Is undersized and lacks strength to compete with most players bigger than he is. A long term developmental selection who a team picks and let’s develop him in Russia until he develop into a possible pro player.

And :huh:

Chinakhov had a very good game up until receiving a game misconduct for slashing an opponent in the groin while lying on the ice.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
The Lightning have become our tormentors, so we are contractually obligated to hate them.
Fair enough. I guess for me they've never beaten us in a year when the Red Wings had any winning aspirations so I've never developed that hate you do in a real playoff series. By the time we're good again I expect Tampa will be on the decline too so I think we line up nicely as a cheering pair. Factor in being born in Tampa and them being a fast, skilled team and they're my #2 team easy.

Reactions: Tirekicker

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
Fair enough. I guess for me they've never beaten us in a year when the Red Wings had any winning aspirations so I've never developed that hate you do in a real playoff series. By the time we're good again I expect Tampa will be on the decline too so I think we line up nicely as a cheering pair. Factor in being born in Tampa and them being a fast, skilled team and they're my #2 team easy.

You disgust me.

(jk I hear ya.)

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Detroit is dead last with roughly a 1/4 of the season played.
It smells like a lottery pick coming.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Yeah, after losing to Tampa twice, I hoped they'd go far and Stevie would win.
I also liked guys on their team like Filppula, Kucherov, Palata etc.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I can't imagine why. Sure if he was a Bruins, Hawks or Pens fan, but the Lightning are a quality team to cheer for.

I wouldn't hate them honestly, but there are 4 or 5 non-sense spewing TB fans on this forum that make me hate the team so much. Not hate like Bruins or Flyers, but still.

Reactions: Larkin1578

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't know, but here's what I was able to find on him :

Speedy undersized Russian forward who has seen work at all three forward positions, but is more suited as a winger. Has terrific top-end speed and good change of direction along high end puck-skills. Excellent on zone entries the attack, and is a good offensive generator and forechecker. While in his own end and his team begins transition with mad bursts out on the attack to push back the opposition defenders on entries. Has a quick release and solid shot. Is undersized and lacks strength to compete with most players bigger than he is. A long term developmental selection who a team picks and let’s develop him in Russia until he develop into a possible pro player.

And :huh:

Chinakhov had a very good game up until receiving a game misconduct for slashing an opponent in the groin while lying on the ice.

Is the bottom true? If so, than YIKES!

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
do we draft Byfeild of lafreniere given the opportunity?
Lafreniere is number one for me and while Byfield looks awesome, positional preference isn't enough to make me choose him. He'll have to solidly outperform Lafreniere down the stretch to be #1.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Don't think we can go wrong with either one, I just hope we get the top pick so Steve just gets the player he prefers.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
What position would you like the wings to pick ? They have an interesting prospect pool at a lot of position,

C -
Veleno
Rasmussen (Maybe a Winger in the NHL)

Wingers -
Zadina, Svech ?, Smith, etc.

D-
Seider,McIsaac,Lindstrom,etc

Christien

May 1, 2010
What position would you like the wings to pick ? They have an interesting prospect pool at a lot of position,

C -
Veleno
Rasmussen (Maybe a Winger in the NHL)

Wingers -
Zadina, Svech ?, Smith, etc.

D-
Seider,McIsaac,Lindstrom,etc
I'd like to see them take a center. If they don't go center this draft, then I wouldn't mind them taking either one of Lafreniere or Raymond.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I could see Lucas Raymond as our most probable pick.

Like, it's not anyhow probable to win the lottery.

Top2 pick isn't anyhow probable either yet.

Top3-4 picks are our probable range and that's also where Raymond will probably go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkseider

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I pick Byfield but honestly if we are drafting 1 or 2 with the lottery smiling on us that is all I care about.

Early thoughts, I am actually going to have a goalie in my top five for the first time since Price...

I too am comfortable taking Byfield over Lafreniere, largely because I don't see either of these guys as generational or super super elite.

I don't watch VHL hockey and can't really comment on Askarov's play. Hard to dislike the stats though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad