Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
You take Byfield. While he make not be a generational talent, 6'4 centers that are strong skaters good offensively and impose their will physically aren't exactly easy to find.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I wouldn’t be opposed to either Lafreniere or Byfield, since Lafreniere is a left winger and we don’t have anyone who can play that outside of Bertuzzi. A big center versus a high-skill left winger, at this stage of our rebuild, is pretty much a 50/50. And if Lafreniere continues to dominate like he is, I’d take my chances more with him. I’m assuming this year’s World Juniors will separate the two of them.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If Drysdale is better than Cale Makar hes going 1st.

I like him better at the same age. Makar did a lot of developing in his +1 year like Larkin did. Im guessing he will go in the 3-5 range like Makar, but taken after MUCH better forwards at 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If we draft Top 10, we are a team who needs to skip past Askarov. He would be a great pick no doubt, but our team needs elite talent up front more than a top end goalie.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There's quite good goalie market at next summer, when Howard's contract is up and there's even better goalie market at 2021 off-season, when Bernier's contract is up.

Those markets will be our Gold mines to turn things around.

Like, many goalies aren't mentally/technically ready until 27-years old, and then they hit UFA. You get those assets for free from the free market and invest your draft picks for longer-period players (forwards and def, especially high-drafted forwards, who'll hit on their prime fastest from the draft moment).

Goalie prime could last for 3-4 years, and then the guy could be done and gone. Don't sign any goalie longer than for three-four years, EVER, get an equal tandem and split the terms. Then you minimize the risks if other guy suddenly busts.

Reactions: decaguard

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Stronger than usual. Not a whole lot of defensemen near the top of the draft, but there’s a lot of really high end centers

I think it has a good but not generational top two, a well above average 3-12 and then falls off a lot without much depth. The defense feels really weak to me apart from Drysdale who is outstanding.

Just my two cents though.

Reactions: Marky9er

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I'd be extremely upset if we took a goalie with a top 10 pick.
If we were picking 5-10, I probably wouldn't mind taking Askarov. He seems like a very special goalie prospect and I feel like he will go down as a top 5 player from this draft. But being able to get one of the top forwards from this draft (Lafrienere, Byfield or one of the next two) is going to be crucial for this team.

Reactions: Henkka

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I've still got Lafreniere #1, Byfield a close second. I'll still give Raymond the benefit of the doubt as the so called experts really seem to think he has 35 to 40 goal upside. #4 Stutzle and Lundell are right in the mix, Perfetti and Rossi 6/7. Drysdale right there with them. Then we could talk about a goalie, but I don't think we are past 5 this year.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Is 2020 draft going to be similar to 2017 when everyone talks about who is first between first 2 , but fourth and fifth actually two best and we drafting #6

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
i prefer Stuzle to Raymond, but I'm just wondering if our desperate need for a goalie would justify picking one at 3.

Toaster Strudel over Raymond for me too. I mean we just drafted Apple Cider, so getting Toaster Strudel in 2020 will make our team breakfasts absolutely lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad