Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Lots of players I really like already in this draft class like Marco Rossi, Anton Lundell, Justin Barron, and Quinton Byfield. It will be fun to see how these players develop next season.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
Lots of players I really like already in this draft class like Marco Rossi, Anton Lundell, Justin Barron, and Quinton Byfield. It will be fun to see how these players develop next season.

and then less fun when we realise our pick is juuuuust beneath the guys we really want lol

aside from lafreniere, lundell is already performing well against adults, and raymond has broken into the frolunda team.

also, i rarely get excited about goalies, but the guy who i've seen most of who is draft eligible in 2020 is jan bednar. he has broken into the karlovy vary team in the czech top division and they trusted him in the relegation playoffs. we haven't drafted a goalie in the 2nd round (where i reckon he will be picked if his development continues) since jimmy howard. yeah, ok, we did draft mccollum in the 1st round, but in the last decade our highest goalie pick is 80. would be excited to see us buck this trend and take bednar.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
So, when is the "let's tsnk the next season and lose the lottery again" thread coming? This is just crazy, guys.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
1. Alexis Lafreniere, LW, Rimouski-QMJHL
2. Alexander Holtz, LW, Djurgarden-J20 SuperElit
3. Lucas Raymond, RW, Frolunda-J20 SuperElit
4. Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury-OHL

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I like Byfield a lot. He has insane puck skills and speed for a guy at 6'4". Lafreniere is obviously #1. When he decides he wants to put the puck some where, whether it's a pass through 3 defenders or a long range snipe, he puts it there. He's a crazy threat at range and is a very good power play quarterback. I'm still trying to get a read on Raymond and Holtz and what their differences are.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I suppose they've already had a good look at German Tim Stutzle who played with Seider on u20.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
I like Byfield a lot. He has insane puck skills and speed for a guy at 6'4". Lafreniere is obviously #1. When he decides he wants to put the puck some where, whether it's a pass through 3 defenders or a long range snipe, he puts it there. He's a crazy threat at range and is a very good power play quarterback. I'm still trying to get a read on Raymond and Holtz and what their differences are.

Agreed, I loved what I saw from his highlights this past year. It would be nice to have a 6'4 centerman who can move like he does. He kind of looks like AA (his face) from his Elite Prospects page which was weird lol.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
So, when is the "let's tsnk the next season and lose the lottery again" thread coming? This is just crazy, guys.

Today...

The team is awful and some of the the other awful teams have improved a ton already

Devils, Hughes plus Subban
Rangers, kakko plus trouba

It will be us and Ottawa battling for dead last

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Today...

The team is awful and some of the the other awful teams have improved a ton already

Devils, Hughes plus Subban
Rangers, kakko plus trouba

It will be us and Ottawa battling for dead last

That's a good thing given the forward talent at the top of the draft is phenomenal. I think we'll be in the bottom 5 next year with Anaheim, Ottawa, and probably NJ and LA. If NJ can consistent goaltending I think they're out of the bottom 5 and LA could also bounce out of the bottom 3/5 as well.

Pronman posted his early 2020 list earlier today and it covers most of the players I'd have listed. A lot can change in years time, but 2020 seems to be mostly Canada/Swedish top end, with some Fins and Russians sprinkled in.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Tons of high end forwards

Lafreniere, Byfield, Rossi and Perfetti from the CHL.

Raymond, Holtz, Gunler and Nybeck from the Swedish leagues.

Lundell from Liiga and Askarov from Russia, best goalie prospect since Price.

It is absolutely stacked at the top of the draft, best since 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->