2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Also if Florida (with Bob) took Knight at 13 last year, surely someone will be interested in taking Askarov, who by all accounts is a much better goalie prospect, sooner than that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
As much as I would love to be sitting here with a Shesterkin or Sorokin ready to start next season, I would have no interest in using a 1st round pick on a guy that is 6 years away from playing for me. :dunno:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think we should be moving 11 for someone like Strome or Schmaltz until we're on the clock and Rossi, Lundell, Raymond, Holtz are all gone. I would rather take them. If you can find one of those Strome/Schmaltz type players with 25+ be my guest, but we can't really afford to give up 11.

Reactions: fgobuzz and 2Pair

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As much as I would love to be sitting here with a Shesterkin or Sorokin ready to start next season, I would have no interest in using a 1st round pick on a guy that is 6 years away from playing for me. :dunno:

I wouldn't take Askarov either for us, at least not at 11. I'd be forced to consider it with Pittsburgh's pick if he were still there.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't think we should be moving 11 for someone like Strome or Schmaltz until we're on the clock and Rossi, Lundell, Raymond, Holtz are all gone. I would rather take them. If you can find one of those Strome/Schmaltz type players with 25+ be my guest, but we can't really afford to give up 11.
Agree. If Guerin decides to go that route of the younger less proven center, then he needs to get that guy without spending an asset that would really hurt to lose.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I wouldn't necessarily put Askarov on the same time table as the other guys. He'd be a much more heralded prospect and probably wouldn't take as long.

And I'm not talking about him for us. I wouldn't take him at 11/12. But I think it would a defensible pick for New Jersey when they have 2 in the top 11.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Lundell enters the discussion after Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle. I think the fact that most of the guys in that 4-12 range are Wingers and/or small doesn't bode well for Lundell to fall to the Wild. I do think that at least 2 defensemen will go in the top 10. Can't see anyone in the top 10 taking Askarov, but it would great if they did.
I could see a team in the 4-10 range loving Lundell as well. Just like last year, we’re in a great spot to grab a winger who is supposed to go 5-10 but falls

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I could see a team in the 4-10 range loving Lundell as well. Just like last year, we’re in a great spot to grab a winger who is supposed to go 5-10 but falls
I think the Wild will get a good player, I just don't think he's going to be a center. Unless they're in love with a guy who is down the "board" a bit.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the Wild will get a good player, I just don't think he's going to be a center. Unless they're in love with a guy who is down the "board" a bit.

Raymond and Holtz have legitimate star potential. More so than Boldy did when he fell last year. If we have to settle for one of them instead of a 2C, I'll find a way to sleep at night.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Raymond and Holtz have legitimate star potential. More so than Boldy did when he fell last year. If we have to settle for one of them instead of a 2C, I'll find a way to sleep at night.
Raymond could be insanely good I think. We’re going to be stupid deep on the wings

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Raymond could be insanely good I think. We’re going to be stupid deep on the wings

Yeah I have him fourth on my personal draft board. If we got him at 11/12 I'd be over the moon.

Kaprizov, Fiala, Boldy, Raymond could/probably would be the best set of top 6 wingers in the league.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah I have him fourth on my personal draft board. If we got him at 11/12 I'd be over the moon.

Kaprizov, Fiala, Boldy, Raymond could/probably would be the best set of top 6 wingers in the league.
With the elite 1-2 punch of Ek and Sturm down the middle..

Reactions: keppel146 and AKL

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, I don't want to sound like I'm on the "need to take a center" bit, but it sure would be convenient if the BPA ended up be a center eventually. Whoever Guerin takes needs to be a 1st line/pair player.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I don't want to sound like I'm on the "need to take a center" bit, but it sure would be convenient if the BPA ended up be a center eventually. Whoever Guerin takes needs to be a 1st line/pair player.

100% agree

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Sorry if he's already been talked about,but how would you all feel about Hendrix Lapierre with the Pittsburgh pick?Top 10ish talent C that's going to drop because of his concussion history.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Sorry if he's already been talked about,but how would you all feel about Hendrix Lapierre with the Pittsburgh pick?Top 10ish talent C that's going to drop because of his concussion history.
The stats haven’t made me intruiged by him much. I saw a star the other day that he had like 3x as many high danger against as for. The injury issues don’t make it much better. I wouldn’t be mad about using Pittsburgh’s first, by I think other, better players will be there. Ryan O’Rourke is a guy I’m interested in at 25

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Winnipeg has us beat with Laine, Ehlers, Connor & Wheeler

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd rather take another forward at #25 than Lapierre. Multiple concussions are a Red flag to me. Recent draftees like Timmins, Rubstov, and PHI #1 from a couple of years ago are all dealing with head injuries that have derailed their young careers.

I'd rather pick a Reichel, Foerster, Mysak, or Perreault. I like ROR, but not in the first round.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
With very limited viewing, the guys in order I want prob go something like this:
Laf
Byfield
Stutzle
Perfetti
Rossi?
Drysdale
Raymond/holtz
Mercer
Lundell
Sanderson

For the later pick, someone posted about Brisson earlier and I think the guy can finish and score some goals.

Last edited:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My personal list looks like this:

Lafreniere
Stutzle
Byfield
Raymond
Drysdale
Holtz
Rossi
Lundell
Perfetti
Mercer

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Anybody who watched Holloway this year, what did you think. I watched 3 Wisconsin games this year and every time I watched I thought his toolkit looked great but he left a lot to be desired. Powerful skater. Kinda reminds me of Coyle

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if hes still there at aprox #42 i'd consider him but at #24 im hoping holloway or mercer are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad