2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Anybody who watched Holloway this year, what did you think. I watched 3 Wisconsin games this year and every time I watched I thought his toolkit looked great but he left a lot to be desired. Powerful skater. Kinda reminds me of Coyle
He's a lot better than his stat line. He's fast, has good hands, nice shot, etc.

This video sums him up pretty well:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Trying to mock Rossi down to our pick at #12; it's actually pretty hard to do, but what do we think of this:

Assuming that a non us, Chicago or Arizona team wins the lottery, moving us down to #12.

1. Whoever - Lafrieniere... as expected
2. LA - Stutzle/Byfield... going to be one of the two, Stutzle maybe provides a move-to-wing option
3. Ottawa - Byfield/Stutzle... runs up to the stage to take whichever is left
4. Detroit - Raymond... solidifies the wing position in their top 6
5. Ottawa - Drysdale... Chabot/Drysdale top pair for the next 10 years
6. Anaheim - Perfetti... talent to ride shotgun next to Zegras for the next 10 years
7. New Jersey - Quinn/Holtz... scoring winger for Hischier/Hughes
8. Buffalo - Holtz/Quinn... scoring winger for Eichel/Cozens
9. Montreal - Sanderson/Schneider... been needing a LHD for quite a while now
10. Chicago - Schneider/Sanderson... Keith is old, gets a defensive partner for Boqvist
11. New Jersey - Askarov... to keep pace in the young goalie Metro race
12. Minnesota - Rossi... boom

Chicago was probably the hardest to get him by, but with Toews and Dach, I don't think it's too far fetched.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Trying to mock Rossi down to our pick at #12; it's actually pretty hard to do, but what do we think of this:

Assuming that a non us, Chicago or Arizona team wins the lottery, moving us down to #12.

2. LA - Stutzle/Byfield... going to be one of the two, Stutzle maybe provides a move-to-wing option
6. Anaheim - Perfetti... talent to ride shotgun next to Zegras for the next 10 years
10. Chicago - Schneider/Sanderson... Keith is old, gets a defensive partner for Boqvist

Chicago was probably the hardest to get him by, but with Toews and Dach, I don't think it's too far fetched.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we could pick as high as 9th (barring winning the lottery) depending on how many of Arizona, Montreal and Chicago win their play-ins?

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017

Some prospect hockey being played here atleast, Swiss U20 vs Germany, (Stützle, Reichel and Peterka) that is from earlier today.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Toews/Dach/Strome is nice but they could probably just lick their chops and put Rossi on the wing. I’m just hoping that they win their play-in series.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
My top 12 right now is:
Laf
Stutzle
Perfetti
Byfield
Drysdale
Rossi
Raymond
Lundell
Holtz
Jarvis
Mercer
Sanderson

At 24, I like Bourque, Brisson, Perrault, ROR

At 40ish I like Bordeleau, Savoie, Benning

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Toews/Dach/Strome is nice but they could probably just lick their chops and put Rossi on the wing. I’m just hoping that they win their play-in series.

That's what I think too, but then I also don't here as much about him being able to move over there like you do with Perfetti and even Stutzle.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's what I think too, but then I also don't here as much about him being able to move over there like you do with Perfetti and even Stutzle.

Well Perfetti is just straight up a winger, not a center, but centers can usually always make the switch to wing. Especially with one as smart as Rossi. You likely don't hear as much about it (especially compared to Perfetti) because people think Rossi can actually be a center in the NHL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Well Perfetti is just straight up a winger, not a center, but centers can usually always make the switch to wing. Especially with one as smart as Rossi. You likely don't hear as much about it (especially compared to Perfetti) because people think Rossi can actually be a center in the NHL.

Ah. Elite Prospects has him as a C.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ah. Elite Prospects has him as a C.

Saginaw has him listed as a left wing. He did step in and play some center this season because they were very weak down the middle and stronger on the wing (before going out and trading for Suzuki and Antropov), but when most people are projecting him to the NHL level, it's definitely as a left wing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think we have to take a LHD with our 2nd rounder. ROR, or one of the Europeans. Want two C's with the first two picks.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think we have to take a LHD with our 2nd rounder. ROR, or one of the Europeans. Want two C's with the first two picks.
I'm not sure it's possible to have a worse draft philosophy than you do. Deciding to draft positions without knowing who is available, is the worst possible plan.

Reactions: MuckOG and AKL

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I want the best player available whenever possible.

In the later rounds, rankings can get pretty even to be more position selective, but you can't choose the position without knowing who's there.

Reactions: MuckOG and TanSor

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not sure it's possible to have a worse draft philosophy than you do. Deciding to draft positions without knowing who is available, is the worst possible plan.

At least he's consistent though.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
i really don't understand posts like this when you do not provide what your "plan" is?
You want me to lay out a plan on how to use common sense? A draft is fairly simple. Wait until it's your turn to pick and then take the guy you like the best out of the available names.

Adding any other factors to that process is just a dumb idea. Deciding who you want before seeing the 40+ names being drafted in front of him is a bad idea, deciding what position you want before seeing who is available, is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard of when it comes to a draft.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kinda small, and does he have the defensive game for C in the NHL? Most sub 6' C's who last in the NHL are tanks. I would certainly grab him at #25 if he is still there...not so much at #11-12 because we MUST get a C there, even if he only projects as a middle six C(i.e. Holloway). I'm hoping that Lundell is there, but with the very late fall draft we will be able to get a look at a lot of the Euro league players, and see what has changed with them over the summer.
Sort of a disadvantage for the North American players, as I think the Junior leagues will probably take their cue from the NHL and be slow to go, as well as the NCAA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland