Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I could see madden's list being something like this based off of how we have drafted in the past:

1. Laf

2. Byfield

3. Stutzle

4. Sanderson/Drysdale

5. Raymond/Holtz

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I think the draft plays out like this :

1. Laf

2. Stutzle

3. Byfield

4. Perfetti

5. Sanderson

and we are presented with Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, and Holtz

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Please get Rossi.....
He'd fit well with our lineup moving forward, although only way I see the Ducks taking him is if they view him the same way they viewed Krebs.

If teams don't think he can pan out to his ceiling, I feel he's gonna drop to Nashville's lap at 11. Every other pick makes too much sense for each franchise and I feel that it's going to suprise a lot when he drops past single digits. He's just the odd man out because of the team's circumstances and his height

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He'd fit well with our lineup moving forward, although only way I see the Ducks taking him is if they view him the same way they viewed Krebs.

If teams don't think he can pan out to his ceiling, I feel he's gonna drop to Nashville's lap at 11. Every other pick makes too much sense for each franchise and I feel that it's going to suprise a lot when he drops past single digits. He's just the odd man out because of the team's circumstances and his height
No way he goes past 8 imo.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
people here will go for Rossi. I feel though he is small like Steel. Raymond is a pure shooter. I’d rather go with him.

honestly though my choice would be Drysdale.
I'm split.
On one hand getting a high IQ, elite speed, great shooter, good playmaking too and defensively good winger would be perfect to play next to Zegras
but on the other hand a Center like Rossi may be better because in the future Steel may just be a vanilla center who isn't 'great' in any area as UnfinishedBusiness pointed out.

Thinking 3 to 4 years from now:
Comtois/Zegras/Tracey
Henrique/Rossi/Silf
Milano/Steel/Terry
Jones/Lundestrom/Groulx (?)

or

Comtois/Zegras/Raymond
Henrique/Steel/Terry
Tracey/Lundestrom/Silf
Jones/Groulx/Milano

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
people here will go for Rossi. I feel though he is small like Steel. Raymond is a pure shooter. I’d rather go with him.

honestly though my choice would be Drysdale.

The more I read into this draft the less confident I feel about anything.

At this point they could take any one of Perfetti/Rossi/Raymond/Drysdale/Sanderson/Holtz/Quinn and my reaction would be, "Sure. That makes sense."

Oct 18, 2011
Chris Peters mock draft

6. Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie (OHL)
27. Noel Gunler, RW, Lulea (Sweden)
36. Ozzy Wiesblatt, RW, Prince Albert (WHL)

The Ducks have built a steady prospect pool, but they could really use a game-breaker on defense. Drysdale has the potential to be just that. With where Anaheim is, the only way the Ducks don't take a defenseman is if Drysdale and Jake Sanderson are already gone, but that is pretty unlikely.
Either way, this is a chance to address a key need while continuing to address a relatively talented and exciting group of young forwards already in the system. Gunler is a wild card in the draft but has notable skill, while Wiesblatt is a tenacious, speedy and skilled forward who fits stylistically with Anaheim and would provide good value at No. 36.
I would be fine with this but I am very high on Drysdale

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR

At this point they could take any one of Perfetti/Rossi/Raymond/Drysdale/Sanderson/Holtz/Quinn and my reaction would be, "Sure. That makes sense."

For sure, that's why I'm really hoping they can get another mid 1st

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'm split.
On one hand getting a high IQ, elite speed, great shooter, good playmaking too and defensively good winger would be perfect to play next to Zegras
but on the other hand a Center like Rossi may be better because in the future Steel may just be a vanilla center who isn't 'great' in any area as UnfinishedBusiness pointed out.

Thinking 3 to 4 years from now:
Comtois/Zegras/Tracey
Henrique/Rossi/Silf
Milano/Steel/Terry
Jones/Lundestrom/Groulx (?)

or

Comtois/Zegras/Raymond
Henrique/Steel/Terry
Tracey/Lundestrom/Silf
Jones/Groulx/Milano

With your first lineup, I think Henrique might be in decline and better suited for 3C and maybe Steel on LW on that second line. Didn't Steel actually look ok on the wing this year?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
No way he goes past 8 imo.

top 4 goes Laf, Stutzle, Byfield, Perfetti

Ott takes Sanderson North Dakota conects

Ana takes Raymond swede connects

NJ Takes Drysdale desperatley need RHD, let alone a dynamic one

Buffalo needs scoring wingers for eichel ie Holtz or Quinn

Minny will take Lundell (Koivu 2.0)

Jets take hometown boy jarvis at 10

Nashville ends up w Rossi

I can see him going top 8 easily in diff scenarios, although this is how I feel the top 10 will unfold

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm split.

it’s tough to pick anybody because it’s basically an abundance of riches. Plus, posters will cherry pick highlights and only watch ‘tapes’ of certain prospects over the other. I said it before, and I was belittled. If it was my choice I would choose Askarov and build from there.

Exactly. Quinn maybe not so much, I’ve read reports that he is Top-15 worthy. My top 3 from your list would be (Askarov), Drysdale, Raymond, and then Rossi.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale has looked really good in international play and best vs best tournaments I will definitely give him that. Basically the reverse of someone like byfield.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If both available

Raymond or Rossi and why?

Both are more playmakers than goal scorers. The way I see this is dynamic now or potentially more dynamic later? I'd go with Raymond. He's the long term project and gamble, but if he hits, then the team wins big time. We possess a plethora of young forwards that need seasoning and can afford to wait on Raymond. A part of me fears Raymond might take the Wild Bill route such that it might take some time for him to acclimate mentally b/c he's been dominate against his peers that he might think he's all that already and not put in more work to reach his full potential.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Sanderson feels like a bit of a project to me

Offensively? Because right now, you can peg him as a top-end shutdown defenseman with potential offense.

Sanderson and Drydale could be the next Makar and Hughes. Maker is a big hitter while Quinn uses his speed and positioning to get the job done. I don't think any fan would complain if they had either Makar or Quinn. Similarly, I don't think teams will complain much if they have Sanderson or Drysdale.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Ottawa 67’s general manager James Boyd telling me this about Rossi:

“He’s a phenomenal player. Phenomenal. A few teams that have picked up on it. I’m biased but I think he’s the best player in our league. It’s not often you’ve got a player on your team who is the best offensive player, the best defensive player, the best guy on faceoffs, the best guy on the power play, the best guy on the penalty kill and probably your No. 1 shootout shooter. And the thing is he doesn’t cheat, so as the game goes along, he takes over. The No. 1 thing for me is his skating — which was a concern for some people — is phenomenal. Some guys are interested in getting better, he’s obsessed. If I told him to eat a pound of sunflower seeds every day because it would help him get to the NHL, he’d be right on it. It’s only going to continue. You hear this sort of stuff about Sidney Crosby or Shea Weber when they were juniors, it’s almost like a disorder, the striving to get better. I see the same thing in Marco. Nothing’s going to stop him.”

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I still think we should trade rakell /Manson + to get into that Quinn/sanderson/Jarvis or potential faller range.

getting Rossi and potentially sanderson/Jarvis or Quinn would be great going forward

I think 10-15 would all be interested to move for a guy like Rakell+ for their pick. Maybe look to add another pick in 21 as well be having an off year again and hopefully fill in remaining holes in that draft.

build around
Centers : zegras, Rossi, steel, lundy, groulx
Wingers: Milano, comtois , Quinn , Tracey , Jones
Dmen: mahura , guhle, larsson, thrun, Andersson etc

by that point we’ll have a lot of cap space to add some players via free agency to fill holes in roster

Last edited:
Reactions: Boo Boo

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The opinions change by the day for me :laugh: So many options here, but I think Sanderson could be a consideration for us at #6. He has the raw tools and if they determine they are enough, they will go for it. But who knows.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Except
I still think we should trade rakell /Manson + to get into that Quinn/sanderson/Jarvis or potential faller range.

getting Rossi and potentially sanderson/Jarvis or Quinn would be great going forward

I think 10-15 would all be interested to move for a guy like Rakell+ for their pick. Maybe look to add another pick in 21 as well be having an off year again and hopefully fill in remaining holes in that draft.

build around

by that point we’ll have a lot of cap space to add some players via free agency to fill holes in roster

build around

except all those dmen are bottom pairing dmen maybeeeee thrun can be more

Reactions: Boo Boo and Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Except

except all those dmen are bottom pairing dmen maybeeeee thrun can be more
I mean they are all young mahura / thrun / andersson still can turn into more, not to mention we’d still have lindholm Fowler and possibly Manson... with money to bring in another top 4 rhd and/or next years draft could provide that... or even a guy like Barron in this years draft with our 27 or 36

lindholm Manson
Fowler_______

we’re basically just lookin for bottom pairing dmen anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad