Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I want one of Raymond Rossi or perfetti. If they are somehow all unavailable I am good with Sanderson then drysdale

Reactions: MCB

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I want one of Raymond Rossi or perfetti. If they are somehow all unavailable I am good with Sanderson then drysdale

The draft wait is killing me... I just want to know who we end up with already! Still hoping a team ahead of us like the Wings or Senators goes off board and drafts Askarov, giving us greater options.

Last edited:
Reactions: eternalbedhead

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

wouldnt that scenario leave one of Stutzle/ byfield for us? Id be happy with really any of the guys you mentioned. 6 isn't a bad spot to be. I love this drafts top 8 or so players.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
wouldnt that scenario leave one of Stutzle/ byfield for us? Id be happy with really any of the guys you mentioned. 6 isn't a bad spot to be. I love this drafts top 8 or so players.
If Byfield or Stutzle somehow drop to 6 I will be super-surprised. And very happy. But super-surprised.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

I’d kill for one of those two to drop to 6. I don’t think either make it past pick 3 (as imo the top 3 is pretty obvious), but in the off chance they do; no way either of them get past 5. Ottawa won’t reach on both picks; maybe one.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
It sucks not having Ducks play hockey right now. Hopefully in the long run the player we get makes it worthwhile.

I really see a line up of Comtois Zegras Quinn being an amazing 1st line but Rossi, if he sticks as a C, would be so good for us if he was 2C.

I just want the draft to happen now so we know who we pick!

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Rossi is being so underrated on the MB lol dude is an absolute machine.

Reactions: AngelDuck

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Damn I posted that before he scored a hat trick lol he was buzzing all game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The Canes have a legit chance to win it all

Still don’t think they have the goaltending to match up in the later rounds against the top Eastern teams but they stack up pretty well in every other area.

I’m insanely jealous of Slavins development curve vs Lindholms. Two years ago they were basically the same player, great defensively and capable of putting up 30 points. Now Slavin has added a gear offensively and is as good as ever defensively where as Hampus is the same player he was back then, maybe slightly worse even.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It sucks not having Ducks play hockey right now. Hopefully in the long run the player we get makes it worthwhile.

I just want the draft to happen now so we know who we pick!

What I don't like about the wait is the fact that the European players could bump up their stock due to the delay. If the Ducks' scouting staff had a particular player in mind and that player does start producing even more early in the season, then we miss out on the player the Ducks were anticipating on grabbing. The delay essentially skews picks, not only for the teams, but other prospects as well.

NA junior hockey is set to restart Oct. 2, pending protocols. I know the SHL is starting on September 19. The NHL draft is tentatively projected to be Oct. 9 - 10th. A hot start could propel a European skater to rise such as Stutzle to the top (if the DEL starts in mid-Sept) or Lundell into the top-5 (if Liiga also starts in mid-Sept). The prospects in the SHL will have played 5 games before Oct. 9th.

GibsonIsGod666

Jul 15, 2020
The Ducks could also trade Rakell+ and Bostons 1st for maybe a pick in the 9-12 range? This draft is just insane and I think it would be foolish to do nothing.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I wouldnt be surprised if both the Devils at 7 and Buff at 8 would be interested in Rakell. Both teams have been drafting high for years and need to start putting together a winner. A young fairly established wing like Rakell would be great for either teams top 6 for years, first couple being super cheap.

I think Rakell & BOS 1st for #7/8 + cap dump would probably make sense

Oct 18, 2011
I wouldnt be surprised if both the Devils at 7 and Buff at 8 would be interested in Rakell. Both teams have been drafting high for years and need to start putting together a winner. A young fairly established wing like Rakell would be great for either teams top 6 for years, first couple being super cheap.

I think Rakell & BOS 1st for #7/8 + cap dump would probably make sense
this is something that would get trashed on the trade board, but in real hockey terms makes sense

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
this is something that would get trashed on the trade board, but in real hockey terms makes sense

There is logic to it, but what cap dumps do those teams have that make sense for the ducks. I don't see any on Buffalo - don't think the ducks take Okposo.

On NJ, maybe Subban or Schneider make sense? But does NJ need cap relief?

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
If the bruins lose this series will that help our 1st round pick of ours? Also, game 1 I didn’t see Ritchie or kase and still don’t. Are they injured for Boston ?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If the bruins lose this series will that help our 1st round pick of ours? Also, game 1 I didn’t see Ritchie or kase and still don’t. Are they injured for Boston ?
No it won't. Well, indirectly it could since it would mean they face a better team in the playoffs. If the bruins don't make the ECF then we will pick 27th, that's best case scenario.

Also, Ritchie is playing in this game but kase is not. Kase has some sort of Covid issue after breaking protocol before entering the bubble.

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
No it won't. Well, indirectly it could since it would mean they face a better team in the playoffs. If the bruins don't make the WCF then we will pick 27th, that's best case scenario.

Also, Ritchie is playing in this game but kase is not. Kase has some sort of Covid issue after breaking protocol before entering the bubble.
Ty good sir

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Boston just lost the number one seed. Obviously this would mean more if teams actually had home ice, but it does mean their opponent will be tougher than it could have been.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad