Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Buffalo:
8th
Cozens

Anaheim:
6th
Rakell

If the can get Sanderson at 8 I would totally be fine with that.
This is actually an interesting offer. I can see benefit to Buffalo with this but there has to be a player they really like at #6 to consider it. I do not know what they want and not, but I imagine they would not be willing to part with Cozens easily.
However, yeah this would be intriguing for us.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Depends how far we're talking. 6 to 8? Sure pick up an extra asset. Anything more than that gets pretty iffy for me.

If they can acquire another asset for moving down - even if it's two or three spots I'm all for it.

that probably means they are eyeing Holtz

Might be something like that. I haven't been following prospects this year, just following this thread. Seems like people here are really keen on: Rossi, Drydale, Sanderson, and possibly Holtz

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
If Anaheim is open to trading down, my guess is GMBM and Madden covet Holtz. Minnesota's GM Guerin is known to want a center in return for Dumba. Consider this scenario:

NYR - Lafreniere
LAK - Byfield
OTT - Stutzle
DET - Perfetti
OTT - Raymond

Players still available would include Rossi, Drysdale, Sanderson, Holtz, etc. Perhaps Anaheim values Dumba + Holtz (selected at Minnesota's 9th overall) over 6th + whatever add would be required by Guerin. Minnesota would have to be very bullish on Rossi (compared to Lundell, who's the next best center) for this to make sense.

Obviously next season's expansion draft would have to be considered. I also don't know how significant the + would need to be from Anaheim. Maybe Lundestrom? I don't think he alone gets it done.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'm guessing that them not being adverse to trading down is true literally every single year but perhaps notable that Friedge is printing it.

My thoughts exactly, the comment likely wasn't much worth reading into at all. They are willing to potentially move down from any pick depending on how things play out.

The safe money is that they end up picking at six, getting a player they had ranked from third to sixth overall. Don't often see much movement in that early in the draft.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
You don't trade down to target a guy already in range of your pick. Now maybe they see 4 through whatever as pretty interchangeable so they'd rather pick 8th or 10th and get something extra, but if there's a specific target then it would probably be someone ranked a good bit lower than Holtz is.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Buffalo:
8th
Cozens

Anaheim:
6th
Rakell

If the can get Sanderson at 8 I would totally be fine with that.
Interesting. My issue with a guy like Cozens is after they have seen him for over a year, if they are willing to trade him then thats a warning sign. If they think he is a future 1c they ain't moving him.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Interesting. My issue with a guy like Cozens is after they have seen him for over a year, if they are willing to trade him then thats a warning sign. If they think he is a future 1c they ain't moving him.
Nothing Buffalo does is a warning sign of anything.

Them wanting to trade Cozens is a point in his favor as a player

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
My thoughts exactly, the comment likely wasn't much worth reading into at all. They are willing to potentially move down from any pick depending on how things play out.

The safe money is that they end up picking at six, getting a player they had ranked from third to sixth overall. Don't often see much movement in that early in the draft.

On the other hand, it might be notable that this philosophy of theres, which they're open about and have been for years, is considered a tidbit from a national reporter a week before the draft. Its true every year, but this is the year its openly talked about? I found that interesting.

Or maybe it's a smokescreen, you never can tell, but I'm guessing not.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
what about Rakell and our 2nd for the 8th? Draft value chart values a 36 @ 217 points and if rakell is worth like a 15th then he is worth like 433 points for a total of 650. An 8th is worth 629.

Buffalo gets some immediate help for Eichel (I bet they would do great together) and Ducks can target a guy like Sanderson for another key piece for the new core.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

It wouldn't bother me. This would be a move to compete now. Rakell is going to help them win in the next 3ish years more then Cozens will.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
what about Rakell and our 2nd for the 8th? Draft value chart values a 36 @ 217 points and if rakell is worth like a 15th then he is worth like 433 points for a total of 650. An 8th is worth 629.

Buffalo gets some immediate help for Eichel (I bet they would do great together) and Ducks can target a guy like Sanderson for another key piece for the new core.
I think it’d be more like Rakell + the Bruins 1st for the 8th. And I’m still not sure that’s enough from us to get back into the top 10

But it’s a good idea

Reactions: Paul4587

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not surprised given I’ve read multiple interviews with Madden where he specifically mentions a drop off at 12.
Only thing is i dont really see many trades i like going down that keep us in the top 12....

I guess thats ignoring prospects/players tho... and specifically just looking at draft picks.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Haven't discussed him much, probably because 6 is a bit of a reach but I can't help but think Anton Lundell is someone the Ducks would have ranked higher than other teams.

One of the most complete center prospects I've tracked in a long long time. I'd be surprised if he's not a legit all purpose #2 center in the NHL within a couple seasons.

Reactions: rlstine

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
The three teams that make a lot of sense here are, in order: Carolina (at 13), Nashville (11), and Minnesota (9).

Each has an early 2nd round pick they can trade: Nashville (37), Carolina (41), and Minnesota (39).

Carolina might want to trade up to lock down Askarov, and apparently there's some smoke that New Jersey will take him at 7.

I'm predicting a trade with Carolina of our #6 for their #13 and #41.

Last edited:

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
The three teams that make a lot of sense here are, in order: Carolina (at 13), Nashville (11), and Minnesota (9).

Each has an early 2nd round pick they can trade: Nashville (37), Carolina (41), and Minnesota (39).

Carolina might want to trade up to lock down Askarov, and apparently there's some smoke that New Jersey will take him at 7.

I'm predicting a trade with Carolina of our #6 for their #11 and #41.

If they make that trade they better be sure the guy/s they want will be there at #11. Chances are #41 never even makes it as an NHL regular.

But yeah that's that kind of deal I was hinting about with Lundell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad